Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2014, 04:17 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Like what?
The whole radical leftist agenda: redistribution of wealth, increased government control, repealing the second amenment, etc., etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 04:34 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
My wife and I gross 45K a year. Her Obamacare premiums are $437.50 a month. That's $5250 annually. I'm retired. I pay $105 a month for Medicare part B and $170 a month for my medicare supplememt. That's $3420 annually. I also have prescription drug coverage from AARP. That's another $360 a year. So our insurance premiums alone are $9030 annually. My wife's Obamacare covers 80% of costs after a $2000 deductible. This past year, that added up to $1800 (my wife is a cancer survivor who requires expensive ongoing treatment). So we paid $10830 in medical related costs in 2014, or just under one-fourth of our gross income.

Why do we oppose the progressive agenda? Because it bypasses the wealthy and relies on crippling the middle class (although 45K hardly qualifies us a middle-class any longer) with high taxation and premiums to reward the lazy, the drug-addled, and now those who have entered our country illegally.

Last edited by Yeledaf; 12-23-2014 at 04:44 PM..

Old 12-23-2014, 05:35 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,990,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The whole radical leftist agenda: redistribution of wealth, increased government control, repealing the second amenment, etc., etc.
And your evidence that she supports a radical agenda?

Old 12-23-2014, 06:06 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Keep on voting against your best interests. Then keep on complaining when you do. Whatever. Look at the way Boehner took you for granted. He knows he can do whatever he wants and you will continue to vote to keep him in power. Lie to you? Vote R anyway.
I don't vote for my best interest, never have. I vote for the best interest of the country and the constitution. That is the problem ...people voting for THEIR BEST INTEREST!
Like I said voting for a third party candidate almost 100% of the time helps elect the person furthest from your candidate. Ron and Rand Paul understand that, too bad all those who pledge allegiance to the Libertarian party don't. The truth of the matter is the Libertarian party is made up of a bunch of misfits and malcontents more than movement Libertarians.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Well, in that case I would have to vote for the Dem candidate if I must. Repub judges and justices vote more according to their bible (book of fiction) than the actual Constitution of the United States. If I lived in a swing state (where my vote mattered), I'd vote for the Dem.
Well there you have it, you are a liberal wondering why Conservative don't vote for a liberal.v

Old 12-23-2014, 06:10 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
And your evidence that she supports a radical agenda?
Remember my earlier post where I said "...I think you'll find a radical leftist..."? So more of a hunch or opinion than statement of fact. But I'm willing to give her a fair hearing. Like I said, her populist message has some appeal but I'd like to see what else she's about.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
My wife and I gross 45K a year. Her Obamacare premiums are $437.50 a month. That's $5250 annually. I'm retired. I pay $105 a month for Medicare part B and $170 a month for my medicare supplememt. That's $3420 annually. I also have prescription drug coverage from AARP. That's another $360 a year. So our insurance premiums alone are $9030 annually. My wife's Obamacare covers 80% of costs after a $2000 deductible. This past year, that added up to $1800 (my wife is a cancer survivor who requires expensive ongoing treatment). So we paid $10830 in medical related costs in 2014, or just under one-fourth of our gross income.

Why do we oppose the progressive agenda? Because it bypasses the wealthy and relies on crippling the middle class (although 45K hardly qualifies us a middle-class any longer) with high taxation and premiums to reward the lazy, the drug-addled, and now those who have entered our country illegally.
It's interesting to see someone actually post numbers as opposed to talking points.

(said sarcastically)......I don't understand your complaint, the markets are booming.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I don't vote for my best interest, never have. I vote for the best interest of the country and the constitution. That is the problem ...people voting for THEIR BEST INTEREST!
Eh, I think the three are one and the same.

Quote:
Like I said voting for a third party candidate almost 100% of the time helps elect the person furthest from your candidate. Ron and Rand Paul understand that, too bad all those who pledge allegiance to the Libertarian party don't. The truth of the matter is the Libertarian party is made up of a bunch of misfits and malcontents more than movement Libertarians.
Ron couldn't come close to winning even as an (R). People would prefer the Boehner's that will lie to their faces.

Old 12-24-2014, 12:52 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
She didn't. She just checked a box in college because she was *told by her family* she was part Native American. She just can't trace it back with legal documents. It has not ever been disproved but it's an easy was for conservatives to brand her a liar.
Yes, it has.
The Cherokee keep meticulous records
and they say she ain't one of em.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Eh, I think the three are one and the same.

Ron couldn't come close to winning even as an (R). People would prefer the Boehner's that will lie to their faces.
They are not the same, if they were the federal government would be a fraction of the size it is today.
Ron Paul was elected as a Congressman as a Republican therefore we actually had a Libertarian in the Congress. How many have been elected running as a Libertarian? Same goes for Rand in the Senate! You are right Ron Paul will never be elected President no matter what party he would run for. Do you think Rand has a better chance getting elected as a Republican or as a Libertarian? It really boils down to a simple understanding of how our system of government works... You might do a little research on the election and consequences of 1994.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies