Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 06:54 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
The system is rigged. This bill the republicans are idiotically putting out there proves that.

Limited government my ass.
Well, you'd have to explain how it's rigged, who's rigging it, and by what means. It's not enough to say "the system is rigged." That's just rhetoric. It's designed for effect. Show me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 06:56 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Oh ok, so you as a libertarian actually believe that Warren would be for smaller govt than Bush or any other Republican? Again COME ON!!
To be fair, that wouldn't be all that hard.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:54 AM

She voted "no". It was a safe vote as it didn't make any difference but I will still give her credit for the no vote.

Roll Call Vote

Old 12-16-2014, 06:58 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,730,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I fully support Sen Warren's speech on the Senate floor and am disgusted that Citigroup/Chase have so much influence in the spending bill/legislation. I'm going to make good on withdrawing my Chase savings account (which draws no interest) and put it into a local credit union $9,999 at a time. If conservatives support limited government, then why not support her?
Sen Warren was a Reagan supporter.
She has disdain for what Republicans have become today.

The problem is she joined a party just as corrupt and thus makes her a hypocrite.

If she ran as an (I) or (L) or (G) she would have my vote without any hesitation.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
She voted "no". It was a safe vote as it didn't make any difference but I will still give her credit for the no vote.

Roll Call Vote
Warren voted no because of the bank issue.
Not a word about the pension cutbacks though.

Why didn't she get riled up over that since it's a direct hit on individuals ?

Old 12-16-2014, 07:21 AM

88,790 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Well, is that all?
No. Another negative point: her $350,000 salary for teaching one class at Harvard. Warren is part of the problem. All show. No go. She's duping the Grubers.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

I imagine if one would complain about every bad thing in the budget you might get done complaining next year.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:21 AM

17,389 posts, read 11,938,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Aside from her total lack of understanding for most financial scenarios, I don't like her because she is a multimillionaire liberal (and one-percenter) who fabricated a Cherokee identity for over a decade to enhance her career.

And because of her dishonesty, Warren is a perfect example of the type of person who will prosper in the new Entitlement State we are becoming. She understands the rules, games the system, and mouths pious platitudes to gain support from fools who do not understand that they are being played as suckers.
And she has ZERO real world experience, having spent her career in academia. We've already got one of those in the WH. Don't need another.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:22 AM

17,389 posts, read 11,938,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Because she rants about student debt, yet she was a professor who made $350,000 a year. You can't be much more full of crap than that.
And she rants against those evil millionaires, but has a net worth of around $14 million.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:25 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,730,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No. Another negative point: her $350,000 salary for teaching one class at Harvard. Warren is part of the problem. All show. No go. She's duping the Grubers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I imagine if one would complain about every bad thing in the budget you might get done complaining next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And she has ZERO real world experience, having spent her career in academia. We've already got one of those in the WH. Don't need another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And she rants against those evil millionaires, but has a net worth of around $14 million.

all reasons she is a J.A.P. (not what you think-> Just Another Politician)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies