Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 09:10 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,552,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't buy into the hysteria but why would any country's citizens be bigots for not wanting "illegal" immigration to change their racial and cultural makeup?
Personally I disagree wit having any immigration restrictions at all, and certainly disagree with those that have been in place since the 1920s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 11:27 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
We should be planning how to quorantine Mexico now. As if we weight until it hits Mexico it will be too late.
Thus far, Mexico has had more reason to quarantine the US than vice versa.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:48 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Thus far, Mexico has had more reason to quarantine the US than vice versa.
My parents just got back from a 10 day trip to Africa. At customs they were asked something like 'have you been to a country with Ebola in the last month' - and they answered "yes, the US".

Old 12-14-2014, 07:24 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantin23 View Post
Personally I disagree wit having any immigration restrictions at all, and certainly disagree with those that have been in place since the 1920s.
You can't be serious. Think man! A country without borders ceases to be a country at all and crowding 2 billion impoverished into this country would destroy it. Good Lord, it's hard to believe that there are people who think like you do.

And by the way it was back in 1965 that Ted Kennedy opened the flood gates to every third world class of people to come here. Are we better off because of this? I don't think so! It's not about bigotry or race but our own citizens are worse off because of the poverty we have inherited because of that and the overcrowded conditions and stress on our natural and social resources.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:30 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Put up a great big fence.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:37 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
I saw the title and had to look to see which direction you were trying to prevent it from crossing, South to North, or North to South...
,,,and you can't quarantine Mexico because comrade obama has invited everyone up to this country so the world and all of it's people will be completely equal.
Soon everyone will be millionaires like the incompetent, corrupt, King of America is..
Exactly, Obama has the welcome mat out for Illegal aliens, he couldn't stop toddlers from crossing, how's he going to stop Ebola?

He will just send BILLIONS of US tax dollars to Mexico if Ebola hits there, just like how he squanders BILLIONS of US tax dollars in Africa to fight a disease where ignorant people kiss dead relatives infected with ebola, eat fruit bats and monkeys infected with ebola, and still practice witchcraft as a cure.

And when they get sick, Obama will fly them here on the US taxpayers dime for treatment.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Put up a great big fence.
It hasn't stopped 11+ million illegal aliens?

I'm sure someone in the middle east is contemplating ebola as a bioterror weapon as we speak.

It wouldn't come as a surprise if they sent someone already infected ( but not showing any symptoms yet) to establish an outbreak.

After all allah loves martyrs.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:49 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
We should be planning how to quorantine Mexico now. As if we weight until it hits Mexico it will be too late.
We should pull our troops out of the Middle East and invade Mexico (and keep it). There would be a much smaller land border to protect against and we could turn the whole country into one big international tourist playground giving a lot of building and road construction industry, landscaping, and entertainment and service industry jobs to poor under-educated Mexicans. More police and fire would be needed because of the influx of people coming there. They have two coastlines. One could be dedicated to family vacations and one to adult vacations. Maybe the drug industry would go legal and open and run some of the adult vacation hot spots seeing how the country would be economically hopping and they could have profit making operations. They're already businessmen and they have the money to invest. If the mob could do it here, so could they. They have decent weather most of the year. Heck, maybe some unemployed US blue collar immigrants could work there.

As far as ebola and other diseases go, I'm sure once Mexico is economically doing fine, more doctors will open up practices there, hospitals will go up and we'll have that much smaller land border to defend against.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:50 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
It hasn't stopped 11+ million illegal aliens?

I'm sure someone in the middle east is contemplating ebola as a bioterror weapon as we speak.

It wouldn't come as a surprise if they sent someone already infected ( but not showing any symptoms yet) to establish an outbreak.

After all allah loves martyrs.
No? Are you asking me, or are you telling me?

At any rate, sarcasm is lost on you. I'm sorry.

Go back in your bunker. I'll knock on the lid when the "end of civilization as we know" it is complete.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
No? Are you asking me, or are you telling me?

At any rate, sarcasm is lost on you. I'm sorry.

Go back in your bunker. I'll knock on the lid when the "end of civilization as we know" it is complete.
I doubt you'll leave your gaming "room" in your mom's basement anytime soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies