Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 09:45 PM

31,934 posts, read 14,919,300 times

Advertisements

[quote=forestgump99;37635741]The REAL question is:

Why did Cosby have to drug women (allegedly) while he was/is rich and famous?

Women must have been falling for him, why use roofies? (allegedly). Couldn't he get that tail free?[/QUOTE]

Of course he could have had any women he wanted but it's not about that. Some have referenced him to being a somnophiliac (hope I spelled that right) Anyway, it's basically someone who takes pleasure in having sex with an incapacitated person.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:53 PM

19,777 posts, read 12,014,953 times
[quote=natalie469;37641187]
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
The REAL question is:

Women must have been falling for him, why use roofies? (allegedly). Couldn't he get that tail free?[/QUOTE]

Of course he could have had any women he wanted but it's not about that. Some have referenced him to being a somnophiliac (hope I spelled that right) Anyway, it's basically someone who takes pleasure in having sex with an incapacitated person.
Before reading your post I had never heard of that. It is sad.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:08 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,377,462 times
Cosby bashing the media and playing the race card is absolutely pathetic--the press has been sweeping his dodgy behavior under the rug for years now. They've been his best friend. It's not their fault they couldn't contain Hannibal Burress and the unstoppable force that is social media. It's a new world, Cos.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:54 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,415,692 times
I don't believe the '''what can I get out of this" women

I believe these are false allegations

Old 12-15-2014, 07:41 AM

11,307 posts, read 16,619,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

while I would say I agree with 1-2, but 20 women saying this.

Either way, Cosby has fallen to social media being, Judge, jury and trial.

He like others who has fallen to the same social media are screwed.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:00 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,667,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
As sexual assault allegations mount against him, Bill Cosby broke his silence to make a statement on the media coverage of the accusations.

“Let me say this. I only expect the black media to uphold the standards of excellence in journalism and when you do that you have to go in with a neutral mind,” Cosby told a New York Post writer, who also writes for black media outlets, in a short phone conversation from his Massachusetts home.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/bill-cosby...073643824.html
I actually think he is guilty as charged. There is an NFL player or former player (now in prison) last name Sharper? I knew women who just thought he was the best looking guy ever. He had fame and fortune as an NFL star and plus the looks. You would think he could have any women he wanted, consensually, given all that. Yet.....he was convicted of drugging women and having sex with them.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:43 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,989,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

I believe the allegations are true, and I also believe the women who have come forward are just the tip of the iceberg.

There are probably many more victims that do not want the notoriety and will never come forward.

Old 12-15-2014, 01:36 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,308,025 times
I want to see some evidence. Remember this story from 21 years ago?
Reports of Needles in Soda Cans Climb - NYTimes.com

It turned out to be largely a hoax.
snopes.com: New Articles on snopes.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes

In the space of two days in June 1993, news stories about finds of syringe-laden cans of Pepsi swept the USA. For a short time it looked like a widespread instance of product tampering was underway. The first report came on 9 June 1993 from an 82-year-old man in Tacoma, Washington, who said he looked into a can of Diet Pepsi to see if he had won a prize and found a syringe.... At least 52 reports of tampering in at least 23 states were ultimately made before this scare ran its course.
Pepsi and the Food and Drug Administration soon ruled out product tampering as the cause of these "finds." It quickly became obvious the beverager was the victim of a spontaneous hoax.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:30 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,415,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I believe the allegations are true, and I also believe the women who have come forward are just the tip of the iceberg.

There are probably many more victims that do not want the notoriety and will never come forward.
I believe the allegations are false...too many people ssaying the same thing..exactly what the MSM tells them to say...

what's next all the jello kids will say "he drugged me"" too

I met Mr. Cosby about 30 years ago, one of the nicest gentlemen, and funniest

I think the leaches are all out, especially since Bill has told the black community to "pull your pants up, and act correctly", bill ruffled some liberal feathers with that

Old 12-15-2014, 02:44 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,089,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
It's also odd, if the allegations are not true, to have over 20 women come forward accused him of the same thing with very similar details (drugged via drink and then raped)
There shouldn't be "very similar details."

That's the whole point.

I've interviewed hundreds of witnesses as a police officer, hundreds more as a detective, hundreds more as a private investigator and hundreds more as a paralegal sitting in on depositions or reading depositions made by witnesses.

When you're seeing very similar details, that is evidence of external influences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
.... when some of these women have nothing to gain...
Red Herring
A red herring is a smelly fish that would distract even a bloodhound. It is also a digression that leads the reasoner off the track of considering only relevant information.

The mere fact that you have to employ a preemptive tactic raising the issue of "motive" is suspect.

In the first place, you could never know what anyone's motives might actually be. It's a fallacy to automatically assume that everyone's motives have something to with money.

You need to examine the psychology of media-induced mass hysteria.

No one said squat about "alien abduction" until the media profiled a few cases, and the next thing you know, thousands and thousands of people were claiming to have been abducted. What do you hear now? Nothing.

Same for NDEs.

Now about drugging and raping.

Rohypnol wasn't marketed until 1975.

At that time, it was available in Europe by prescription only.

The FDA never approved Rohypnol, so it was never legally imported or sold in the US.

Rohypnol was smuggled illegally into the US in the 1990s (although some claim around 1989) and became know as the "date rape drug."

So.....the claims of some of these women is very similar to claiming to have been using an iPhone in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.

Very obviously, that's impossible and ridiculous, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
I've always been a cosby fan since I was a little kid and that was along time ago, but after this anti-white comment...screw him.

Racist SOB.
Not only is Cosby not a racist, there is nothing "anti-white" about his comments.

This might come as a shock to you, but the function of the media is to report factual information, not provide you with hours of entertainment or amusement.

It is not a function of the media to analyze, interpret, generalize, hypothesize, or to prosecute, convict, judge and sentence.

The media --- since the widespread use of real time data -- has a habit of reporting information which has not been corroborated, verified or confirmed.

The media then offers "expert analysis" of the uncorroborated, unverified, unconfirmed information, and then spends the rest of its time doing damage control, trying to spin the story so the media doesn't look like the douche-bags they are getting played by everyone with an agenda.

Quote:
The REAL question is:

The question is not relevant.

Poverty in no way, shape or form influences crimes, just as the absence of poverty does not influence crime either.

Quote:
Women must have been falling for him, why use roofies? (allegedly). Couldn't he get that tail free?
That is a valid question, since "roofies" didn't exist until 1975 and weren't introduced to the US until the 1990s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
20 women that he drugged and raped.
Allegedly, drugged and raped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Some of the women claim to have been raped multiple times. Did they like it or what?
That, is a relevant question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I want to see some evidence. Remember this story from 21 years ago?
Reports of Needles in Soda Cans Climb - NYTimes.com

It turned out to be largely a hoax.
snopes.com: New Articles on snopes.com
Yes, the media has the power to induce such hysteria.

Detailing...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies