Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 09:15 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,516,308 times

Advertisements

Why haven't I heard of a white unarmed person being killed? By a white or black officer. Maybe this has happened. I've never heard such a story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles On View Post
Happens all the time.....only it's called "suicide by Cop" and hardly makes the news.

The case in which someone wanted to commit suicide yet lacked the courage to go through with it. They end up tricking the Officer into killing them by careful, deliberate actions in which they know he won't have a choice but to kill him.
I have heard of thus before. According to my understanding the are armed. Police kill plenty of armed people everyday. Not really the point though.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:06 PM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Why haven't I heard of a white unarmed person being killed? By a white or black officer. Maybe this has happened. I've never heard such a story.
Is your google broken?

black cop shoots white man - Google Search

Old 12-14-2014, 10:27 PM

17,357 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Question here but backstory first. I support police and I think most are good. They have to deal with all types of people (petty criminals, career criminals, murderers, rapists, emotionally disturbed, mentally delayed, insane, insanely violent, idiotic, arrogant, etc.). They never know what to expect when they stop a person.

I believe that a lot of the Black lives that have been lost lately could have been avoided had the person themselves not behaved as they did because it opened the flood gates for a negative response. Once that happens, you can't control how it will end up. There used to be a saying when using common sense was in vogue about 30 years ago, "don't let your mouth write a check that your body can't cash". Basically, don't let your actions end up hurting you much more that you could ever recover from.

My question, which I'd especially like to hear responses from White male cops if any are reading or lurking: The police force of most urban areas are not made up of 100% White males yet that is always the race and gender of the cop who uses excessive force such as firing their gun 11, 20, even 40 times into the suspect and we have these situations like what is going on now. Why is that?

Why it is that Black male cops, Latino cops, Asian cops, and females cops of any race manage to deal with these same criminals, violent or potentially violent Blacks but the end results aren't nearly as tragic even 1/4 the time as it is with White male cops at the helm? To put it another way, why does it seem that all the other police can do it but only White males in law enforcement appear incapable of accessing the situation involving Black males and responding appropriately without the end result becoming so tragic and disruptive to the rest of the country?
Blame the media.

There are instances of black cops killing citizens - both justifiable and not.

They just don't make a catchy headline I guess.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:45 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,578,360 times
Default Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Blame the media.

There are instances of black cops killing citizens - both justifiable and not.

They just don't make a catchy headline I guess.
If so, that's crazy. I really dislike the media more and more with each passing year.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
No it's not broken. Can you come up with more than one? I can come up with probably a dozen unfortunately.

That was the point!

Old 12-15-2014, 08:31 AM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Because it doesn't fit in their agenda and sell newspapers.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:33 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,023 times
It doesn't happen, at least according to the media.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:48 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post

Happens every week.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:41 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Quote:
No it's not broken. Can you come up with more than one? I can come up with probably a dozen unfortunately.

That was the point!
wait, what was the point?

you haven't heard of such a thing yet can come up with a dozen instances on google?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies