Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a non Christian president
No 20 14.93%
Yes, (religion would be irrelevant) 83 61.94%
Yes (so long as he/she wasn't Muslim) 20 14.93%
Yes (so long as he/she wasn't Atheist) 2 1.49%
Other 9 6.72%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 04:07 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,448,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Wow. I used to have respect for the elder President Bush, but this really knocks that down quite a bit. So you must believe in his deity or you should not even be considered a citizen? Just wow.
Bush Sr never said it.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:12 PM

1,204 posts, read 869,547 times
Its all the damn Catholics fault.

If they hadn't elected JFK and tried to turn the US into a papal state, the damned atheists, blacks, muslims, females wouldn't think they could run for office.

We could still be a straight, white, protestant male country.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:22 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,980,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
Absolutely NOT. This will end the historic and traditional history of the United States.. No thanks!

Anyone who does not believe in peace, love and forgiveness shouldn't hold public office.
so.... Christians hold the monopoly on peace, love and forgiveness??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I don't see where ANYBODY said anything like that!
I am constantly amazed at the "reading between the lines" that takes place on these forums.
Too many people seem to be totally unaware that there is nothing between the lines but empty space.
Most of us try to say what we mean, and mean what we say!
If it isn't written, it isn't there!
the implication was that only Christians believe in peace, love and forgiveness....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Whether or not they would swear on a Bible has nothing to do with it. I don't care if they swear on Book 7 of Harry Potter!
The question is, can they honestly swear to uphold and defend the Constitution, or would they put their religious beliefs above it?
Since I believe a radical extremist Muslim would put his Sharia Law above the Constitution, I could not vote for one.
Since a radical extremist Muslim would not believe in equal rights for women, I could not vote for him.
Since a radical extremist Muslim would not believe in equal rights for homosexuals, I could not vote for him.
Since a radical extremist Muslim would not believe in equal rights for non-Muslims, I could not vote for him.
Since a radical extremist Muslim would not believe in freedom of religion, I could not vote for him.
Since it has been shown that some radical extremist Muslims think it is perfectly acceptable to kidnap and rape prepubescent non-Muslim girls, and sell them into slavery, I could not vote for him.
Note that I said "HIM" in every statement. Obviously, a radical extremist Muslim would never allow a mere woman to run for public office!
and a radical Christian could uphold the Constitution over his or her own beliefs??

Quote:
Old Testament/Torah applies to Jews, not Christians. Nice try!
then why is it included in the bible and used to justify discrimination by Christians??

Old 12-16-2014, 06:14 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,038,821 times
I don't vote at all. I don't believe in politics.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:20 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,380,935 times
Default Would you vote for a non Christian president?

I think the people did that about six years ago and it has not turned out well in my opinion.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:29 PM

527 posts, read 706,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I think the people did that about six years ago and it has not turned out well in my opinion.
Obama is a Christian, and said it numerous times.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:34 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,380,935 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter what he's said. He's a proven liar.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:41 PM

28,355 posts, read 16,306,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Doesn't matter what he's said. He's a proven liar.

No True Scotsman strikes again!

Yes, I would vote for a non-Christian and his/her religion wouldn't matter - excepting perhaps for a Scientologist. If you're whacky enough to believe the far-flung crap that they do, I'm not sure I trust you to run my country responsibly/sensibly.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:50 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,741,219 times
Quote:
He's is as much a Christian as I am an elf who lives at the North Pole year round making toys.

Actions speak volumes more than words, and his actions scream non-Christian.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:36 PM

527 posts, read 706,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
He's is as much a Christian as I am an elf who lives at the North Pole year round making toys.

Actions speak volumes more than words, and his actions scream non-Christian.
Only God would know that on day of judgement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies