Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2014, 07:41 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
And when all is said and done would you turn yourself in for your crimes?
Nope. I would not. Do the police? Do our elected reps when they violate laws or do they wait until they are caught?
If my actions save my child, I'll live with the consequences. I just won't make it easy for the authorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 07:43 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
The problems we have had i wars recently is we fight by a different set
Of rules than our enemy. Our enemies fight for survival while we fight in a PC war.
The reason to avoid war is because war is not PC. Currently one side considers chopping off heads even school children is acceptable. We fight thinking keeping someone awake is not acceptable .we are fighting a nice neat battle while our enemy is fighting to win.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:44 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,023 times
Quote:
I don't have any, so, they don't. And as I've said, nothing I, personally, would do speaks to how I think my government should behave regarding its treatment of prisoners or anything else.
So, your saying that you wouldn't support torture (which is different from EITs, which is what the CIA did) to save the life of your child is irrelevant and thereby disregarded. Because if you're not a parent, you have absolutely no concept of what that means.
Most parents I know, would do absolutely anything, including giving their own life, for the life of their child.

Torturing someone to get information wouldn't even register on the radar of "would I be OK with that".

Old 12-18-2014, 07:47 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,023 times
Quote:
And when all is said and done would you turn yourself in for your crimes?
Have you read about the Dad who beat the hell out of the guy who molested his child?

Do you really think you'd be charged from torturing someone to find the whereabouts of your child?

But then again, you don't have children so you have no idea what you're talking about.

But, here's the article anyway. I'm guessing you feel sorry for the guy?

No Charges for Florida Father Who Beat Man Molesting His Son - Breitbart

Old 12-18-2014, 07:48 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
An almost convincing argument except for the fact that trained interrogators say that torture isn't the best way of extracting accurate information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ivoWW1-4U
(Some) trained interrogators. Not all and perhaps not even most. I would hazard to guess that the CIA has man many trained interrogators. If these trained interrogators, you speak of, are so effective why are they not making millions teaching all these world wide Government spy agencies how to get the information they most desire?
Torture may not work on all, but it absolutely will work on many.
Years ago while in the military, I went through sleep depravation training with my team. Most of us remembered very little of the conversations we had with interrogators after 48 hours of no sleep and interrupted sleep. We got to watch the videos after the fact. It really was eye opening how easy it was, after a certain point to get people to just start spilling their guts about anything and everything. Yes we even got a taste of the waterboard. It sucked.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:49 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
An almost convincing argument except for the fact that trained interrogators say that torture isn't the best way of extracting accurate information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ivoWW1-4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UnkZuJ0Qrk

Old 12-18-2014, 08:50 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Everybody knows that Brian Ross is a CIA shill. He was outed in this documentary about the dubious anthrax attacks that mysteriously began just one week after 9/11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT7ATynE8_0

You'll recall that former VP Dick "weapons of mass destruction" Cheney attempted to draw a correlation between the anthrax attacks and Saddam Hussein.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:52 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
So, your saying that you wouldn't support torture (which is different from EITs, which is what the CIA did) to save the life of your child is irrelevant and thereby disregarded. Because if you're not a parent, you have absolutely no concept of what that means.
Most parents I know, would do absolutely anything, including giving their own life, for the life of their child.

Torturing someone to get information wouldn't even register on the radar of "would I be OK with that".
I think many people would give their own lives to save the life of a child.

But if torture doesn't even "register on the radar", then that person is a sociopath.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:57 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Everybody knows that Brian Ross is a CIA shill. He was outed in this documentary about the dubious anthrax attacks that mysteriously began just one week after 9/11.

You'll recall that former VP Dick "weapons of mass destruction" Cheney attempted to draw a correlation between the anthrax attacks and Saddam Hussein.
You don't need to give me attitude because I don't think I deserve it.

I know I cannot convince you and I am not trying to. I just want a civilized conversation, that is all.

To say Enhanced Interrogation Techniques NEVER worked is a little bit too extreme even though I am not a homeland security expert. Common sense tells me EIT worked in many cases.

To say otherwise is intellectual dishonesty.

"Everybody knows that Brian Ross is a CIA shill"

By the way, Ad Hominem--Attacking the individual instead of the argument is a logical fallacy.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:59 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:

You could counter their points, instead of calling them names
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies