Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 09:13 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Never say never.

I'd bet that if some you loved was held captive and their life was threatened and the police had a person who KNEW where they were that you would want the police to whatever they could to get the info.
Except that torture is not a sure way nor a good way to get the info. I'd want the police to use the best and surest methods to get the info. Torture isn't on the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 09:14 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
What proof do you have that American lives were directly saved by torturing radical Muslims? How many Muslims or people in general do you thank came to hate Americans and become radicalized due to our government's willingness to torture? I think much more harm came form torturing people then good. There is no reason or excuse for it.
What "proof" Do YOU have anything that says lives were NOT saved?

"How many Muslims or people in general do you thank came to hate Americans and become radicalized due to our government's willingness to torture?"

You HAVE to be kidding.

The terrorist do REAL torture and I don't see any other Muslims raising a stink. Do You?

Old 12-15-2014, 09:14 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Many right-wingers support gross human rights violations because they makes them feel better.
Huh??? Human rights violations? What human rights violations are you referring to, and by whom in particular?

Does ISIS violate human rights, in your opinion? Why aren't you railing against that group?

Old 12-15-2014, 09:17 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Wrong.
Lying.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:17 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Except that torture is not a sure way nor a good way to get the info. I'd want the police to use the best and surest methods to get the info. Torture isn't on the list.
"Except that torture is not a sure way nor a good way to get the info."

And you base this statement of "fact" on what?

If it didn't work it wouldn't STILL be used for hundreds of years.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:18 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Liar.
I'm sorry your world view of humans is so base. Fortunately, not all of us believe as you do. And I would NEVER condone torture of another human being.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:19 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I could never condone torture. It's so unnecessary. And so wrong.
Nobody tortured anybody! We changed the definition of "torture" to include some things that are not torture at all.

How would you go about extracting information from captured terrorists? Would you ask them to, "Kindly tell us all you know, please."?

What would ISIS do?

Old 12-15-2014, 09:23 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
I'm sorry your world view of humans is so base. Fortunately, not all of us believe as you do. And I would NEVER condone torture of another human being.
My world view is realistic yours is fantastical. But your go right ahead and continue to rationalize your perceptions.

4,006 posts, read 6,036,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMia411 View Post
What if the torture method(s) were used against an American(s) , now how would this fulfill your fantasy since you want to save American lives ? You do realize that the torture methods have been and are used on ALL sorts of people or do you want to target only Muslims according to your post ?
You mean the innocent Americans and other who had their heads cut off by radical muslims? You mean those people? How does it make me feel?

Well, as far as I know, making someone cold, wet, hungry and tired, while uncomfortable, is still a little less than decapitation.

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Many right-wingers support gross human rights violations because they makes them feel better.
Actually, I value US lives more than terrorists.

If the potential exists that wiring the nuts of 100 terrorists for sound might save one US life, I say crank up the voltage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies