Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2014, 03:31 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How is it punishment? The father should take responsibility also.
I would call carrying an unwanted pregnancy and giving birth punishment.....punishment the man never has to endure.

After the birth, the woman and the man are equally responsible.

If the offspring is adopted out, the man isn't punished at all, physically or financially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 03:52 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I would call carrying an unwanted pregnancy and giving birth punishment.....punishment the man never has to endure.

After the birth, the woman and the man are equally responsible.

If the offspring is adopted out, the man isn't punished at all, physically or financially.
No, it is accepting the outcome of acting irresponsibly by not killing a human being over their irresponsible act. It's a biological fact that the father can't carry and give birth to a child. There is no way of changing that or justifying abortion because of that. Yes, both the father and the mother are equally responsible. I have no argument with that. I don't know why you are calling adoption a punishment either. Punishment for whom? What financial responsibility is the father getting out of?

Old 12-25-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
No, it is accepting the outcome of acting irresponsibly by not killing a human being over their irresponsible act. It's a biological fact that the father can't carry and give birth to a child. There is no way of changing that or justifying abortion because of that. Yes, both the father and the mother are equally responsible. I have no argument with that. I don't know why you are calling adoption a punishment either. Punishment for whom? What financial responsibility is the father getting out of?
If the baby is adopted out, the father is off the hook for child support.....he gets off Scott free. The woman is left with the cost of the pregnancy.....medical bills, lost wages and a body that has been changed forever, and not in a good way. Carrying a pregnancy can leave a woman with medical issues that will last a lifetime or can literally kill her. Forcing a woman to endure a pregnancy against her will is wrong....her body....her choice.

Quote:
So, you are against abortion when a woman is careless and has unprotected sex.

Are you saying you are not against abortion when birth control fails?

An example: A woman has her tubes tied. Oooops, she gets pregnant.

In a case like this, you support abortion?
I will ask you again. If a woman isn't irresponsible, is it OK for her to abort?

Old 12-25-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
If the baby is adopted out, the father is off the hook for child support.....he gets off Scott free. The woman is left with the cost of the pregnancy.....medical bills, lost wages and a body that has been changed forever, and not in a good way. Carrying a pregnancy can leave a woman with medical issues that will last a lifetime or can literally kill her. Forcing a woman to endure a pregnancy against her will is wrong....her body....her choice.

I will ask you again. If a woman isn't irresponsible, is it OK for her to abort?

So is the mother off the hook for child support if she adopts it out so I don't know what you are getting at here. The point is that the child gets a chance to live and be loved by adopted parents. The father doesn't have to be off the hook for the cost of the pregnancy. The mother should take legal action to make him help pay for it. A body changed forever? WTH does that mean? The female body is built to carry a child. Why are you bringing things that aren't the norm? The woman made the choice herself when she had unprotected sex. She gave up her will when she did that. No, not just her body. Two bodies are involved here. You're really grasping at straws now.

A life is still a life. It won't kill her to allow the baby to live even if she acted responsibly. The possibility of birth control failing should factor in her decision to have sex in the first place. Again, your strawman arguments are getting more desperate now.

Old 12-25-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
So is the mother off the hook for child support if she adopts it out so I don't know what you are getting at here. The point is that the child gets a chance to live and be loved by adopted parents. The father doesn't have to be off the hook for the cost of the pregnancy. The mother should take legal action to make him help pay for it. A body changed forever? WTH does that mean? The female body is built to carry a child. Why are you bringing things that aren't the norm? The woman made the choice herself when she had unprotected sex. She gave up her will when she did that. No, not just her body. Two bodies are involved here. You're really grasping at straws now.

A life is still a life. It won't kill her to allow the baby to live even if she acted responsibly. The possibility of birth control failing should factor in her decision to have sex in the first place. Again, your strawman arguments are getting more desperate now.
Yes, it might kill her to bring the pregnancy to term. Hundreds of women in the United States die every year due to pregnancy.

A woman has the right to decide what risks to take with her life....her life, her body, her choice.

Old 12-25-2014, 07:34 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
We cannot any longer deny the humanness of what lives in the mothers womb, or the individual life that it is.
Many of those whom endorse abortion believe it is just for them to kill the person inside them,
because the person inside them is an invader and burden they would rather not carry.
Even so it is another individual, they would rather kill it than be inconvenienced.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Yes, it might kill her to bring the pregnancy to term. Hundreds of women in the United States die every year due to pregnancy.

A woman has the right to decide what risks to take with her life....her life, her body, her choice.
Oh, please. Most women don't die from pregnancy. Most woman aborting aren't at risk and they know it. They just care more about themselves not being inconvienced than allowing their own flesh and blood to live.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:17 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Oh, please. Most women don't die from pregnancy. Most woman aborting aren't at risk and they know it. They just care more about themselves not being inconvienced than allowing their own flesh and blood to live.
Says the man who will never have to face an unwanted pregnancy. Sorry, but the bottom line is, I don't have to ask your permission for what I choose to do with my body. And that really pisses you off, doesn't it?

Old 12-25-2014, 09:31 PM

5 posts, read 4,708 times
To all the people who oppose choice:

So 7 billion and counting people on this planet is not enough? We should grow infinitely out into the future, we should populate the planet with trillions of human beings, and expand throughout the universe (as if that's even possible) and build churches on Mars and the rings of Saturn and every other planet in every galaxy?

Are your lives so empty, so meaningless, that you can think of nothing other than making the whole world conform to your views, and then destroying the planet?

And I thought that your belief is that you go to heaven, so why do you even care about the fate of this world anyway? And it's been 2 millennia and where is the return of Jesus and the rapture that you so eagerly await?

Sorry but you have failed. World population will peak and then decline. We are not all going to become Christian right wing nuts. You have failed.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
A young teacher in my area died in childbirth a couple of years ago, tell her husband and the two children who lost their mother "Oh please."

Most people survive bungee and parachute jumping too, doesn't mean I should be forced to take the risk against my will just because someone else thinks I should.

Inconvenience is forgetting to pick up a loaf of bread on the way home, carrying a pregnancy can cost a woman her health, even her life, deplete her finances, she could even lose her job.....and ALL of those things are BIG DEALS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies