Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 06:10 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
its not enough for Muslims merely to speak out against radical Islam

They need to act.
Shut down mosques and madrasas that are promoting radical ideas and teaching children their propaganda
Shun and ban radical clerics.
March in the streets against it.
Vote in political leaders with the courage and integrity to go after them full force.
Stop giving them positive media time.
Use their media and schools to educate the young against radical Islamic propaganda.
Non stop anti-radical messages everywhere. Constantly show their barbaric acts.
Explain to me why Moderate Muslims who speak out against extremists (which they don't even have to do) need to do all these things to satisfy Muslim haters? What have moderate Muslims done wrong to where they have to spend their lives defending themselves from being labeled terrorists when they have done nothing to warrant that label? Do Muslims fighting in the US military against radical Muslims also need to make it known that they are not fighting against themselves but the enemy? Is it so hard to separate those who are fighting for our country and those who are fighting against us? When you see a black person walking around do you glare at them with hate and distrust because there are some black people in the US that murder and sell drugs? Do you see all black people as drug dealers and murders? If not (if you don't see all black people as murders and drug dealers), how do you separate the two groups (group 1: black people who are law abiding citizens Group 2: Black murderers and drug dealers) from one another? Do you report every Muslim you see to the FBI and/or CIA because you suspect they may be terrorists or plotting an act of terror? Do you protest all Mosques being build in the US or only ones that gain attention view the mainstream media?

The majority of Muslims in the USA are law abiding citizens like me and you trying to make good lives for themselves and their family. Many of them speak out against the terrorist in the middle east (not that they have to because they are not one in the same), but often times it does not make the daily news because the US would rather continue to believe all Muslims are evil rather than separating them (Muslims) into groups: Moderate and radical. It is easier just to believe everyone is a crazy bomb wielding madman (or woman) than to believe everyone is an individual and blaming a whole group for what individuals do is beyond stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 06:33 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
JohKnip---So, I guess you defend moderate Muslims when males in the Western world behave like this --- You see a Muslim married couple walking. The man is dressed in a T-shirt and jeans while his wife, who is walking behind him, is covered just about head-to-toe.

I guess you also defend moderate Muslims in this country who send their daughters on "cutting vacations" because "cutting" is outlawed in this country.

I guess you also defend those moderate Muslims who do "honor killings" on their wives, sisters and daughters. How do you defend the Muslim Palestinian parents who murdered their daughter because she committed the crime of becoming Americanized and got a job in a fast food restaurant? While the father was stabbing her and telling her to "die quickly", the girl pleaded with her mother to help but instead of helping her, the mother held her down while the father stabbed her.

Or what about moderate Muslims in this country who arrange marriages for their 12-year old daughters to a man in an Islamic country? Once the girl turns 18, she is shipped off to marry a man she never met. I know a family who did this to their 12 year old daughter.

I also had a neighbor, a very nice young Muslim lady who would smile and wave every time she saw you outside. I used to call out "hello" to her. One day, she ran away from home. She told her parents that she was going to work but instead ran away. Eventually, she came home and I never saw her again. To this day, I wonder what happened to her.

I wish these stories were few and far between but, sadly, they are not.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:39 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
Most Muslims secretly side with those so-called "radical" Muslims, believe it or not. Quran is still filled with pedophilia, murder, rape, homophobia, and other horrible things! ISIS and Al Qaida is following Islam, while fortunately most Muslims don't. Go to any mosque anywhere in the world they are bashing infidels and wish they conquered the whole world, talk about jihad and sharia.
Oh look, unfounded nonsense. Just because you hate Muslims in general doesn't actually mean they're some monolithic group.

Much like how you want a Christian theocracy that cuts off body parts for minor crimes doesn't mean all Christians are immoral savages who are stuck in the 16th century.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:41 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Do Muslims fighting in the US military against radical Muslims also need to make it known that they are not fighting against themselves but the enemy?
Of course not. Why should they? They all sacrificed blood and tears for this country.

Quote:
The majority of Muslims in the USA are law abiding citizens like me and you trying to make good lives for themselves and their family.
Yes, they are.

Don't worry about what other people say on the internet. Live your life and be happy. People's opinions are just that, opinions.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:48 PM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
JohKnip---So, I guess you defend moderate Muslims when males in the Western world behave like this --- You see a Muslim married couple walking. The man is dressed in a T-shirt and jeans while his wife, who is walking behind him, is covered just about head-to-toe.

I guess you also defend moderate Muslims in this country who send their daughters on "cutting vacations" because "cutting" is outlawed in this country.

I guess you also defend those moderate Muslims who do "honor killings" on their wives, sisters and daughters. How do you defend the Muslim Palestinian parents who murdered their daughter because she committed the crime of becoming Americanized and got a job in a fast food restaurant? While the father was stabbing her and telling her to "die quickly", the girl pleaded with her mother to help but instead of helping her, the mother held her down while the father stabbed her.

Or what about moderate Muslims in this country who arrange marriages for their 12-year old daughters to a man in an Islamic country? Once the girl turns 18, she is shipped off to marry a man she never met. I know a family who did this to their 12 year old daughter.

I also had a neighbor, a very nice young Muslim lady who would smile and wave every time she saw you outside. I used to call out "hello" to her. One day, she ran away from home. She told her parents that she was going to work but instead ran away. Eventually, she came home and I never saw her again. To this day, I wonder what happened to her.

Don't forget those Muslim charities that sent money to terrorist organizations.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

I defend Moderate Muslims. The bold are not Moderate Muslims. Also I have never heard of these Muslims sending daughters on "cutting vacations", do you have a link for that?

Quote:
Actually in the USA they are.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Don't forget those Muslim charities that sent money to terrorist organizations.
Of the Muslims who have denounced radical Muslims who has sent money to terrorist organizations?

Old 12-16-2014, 07:04 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
Most Muslims secretly side with those so-called "radical" Muslims, believe it or not.
I'm sure that both Muslims who live within 50 miles of your zip code are eager to share their "secret" thoughts with you. LMAO!!

Old 12-16-2014, 07:06 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
(Shrug)...I never lumped them all together to begin with.
Neither did I. My first born sons "day care" for about a year was in the house of a muslim family.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:07 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
I defend Moderate Muslims. The bold are not Moderate Muslims. Also I have never heard of these Muslims sending daughters on "cutting vacations", do you have a link for that?

Actually in the USA they are.

Sorry, Joh, but they are "moderate Muslims". "Cutting" is quite common in Islamic nations. Since it is quite common, then you can't say that it is only "radical Muslims" who subject their daughters to this.

And, those stories are quite common in this country. I've heard enough of them and they leave me feeling such sorrow for those girls and women who are forced into engagements with men they didn't know. There was one girl who was in school with my daughter. I knew this girl well. She had a love of reading and I would work with her when I volunteered in school. I would compliment her on how well she read and she shyly told me "I like it when you tell me that". It was so sad to hear that she was forced into an engagement. Eventually, the family left town. I think of her a lot and suspect that she is now in Pakistan and married to the man she got engaged to when she was 12.

The Washington Post had an article about "cutting vacations". I'm sure if you did some googling, you will find this info. I'll even help you out: "Muslims send their daughters on vacations to get circumcised" to get started.

You also think it's okay for moderate Muslims to have the man wearing jeans and a T-shirt while his wife is covered head-to-toe? In other words, you condone their treating their women and girls in such fashion?

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 12-16-2014 at 07:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies