Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 09:23 AM

29,078 posts, read 14,395,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The death penalty doesn't curb crime.
Sure it does, it stops that person from ever commiting a crime again. How is that not helping ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 09:35 AM

29,078 posts, read 14,395,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pailhead View Post
Incarceration also curbs it.
Really now ? Know one ever gets killed or beaten in prison ?
The only thing prison does for killers like this is provide them 3 meals, a roof over their head, cable, gym , and access to learning. Now I know I would never want to go to prison but for some it isn't a big deal I guess.
All on our dime and this is payment for killing someone. Now if prison was like some in other countries where it is truly a vile scary place one would NEVER want to go , now that might just curb things like this.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:38 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,860,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
You do know death penalty is expensive right?
Yes, needlessly so and that needs to be changed.

Eliminate excessive appeals, fast track legal actions and start with an electric bench so you can fry 6 at a time.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:39 AM

14,888 posts, read 9,992,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
No one should be hung or given the death penalty... giving the death penalty is just as bad as the murderer himself!
Even I get strong emotions such as hoping that terrorist in Sydney was dying a slow and painful death, however at the end of the day the death penalty is always wrong - it should be up to the universe (or god) to decide ones death...
Some people just need killing, there's no 2 ways about it. It might make me barbaric, I'm 100% fine with that label.

All emotion aside, if you murder a child you need to die. It doesn't have to be painful or drawn out but it should be swift and public. We need to rid our population of these people, there's no reason whatsoever to keep someone like that alive in a prison for 50 or 60 years. I don't care if prison is cheaper.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The death penalty doesn't curb crime.
Another work of fiction for the Liberal, It eliminates a criminal and ALL his future crimes.

Another WEAK excuse , keep trying one day you might learn the simple things that can be attained by reason

Old 12-18-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
When a human does this it actually puts them less than an animal. Look at that 19 year old girl that was burned to death, the killer actually poured lighter fluid down her throat, then lit her on fire.... does this even remotely seem human to you ?
Yes it does to Liberals, criminals are "victims" in their minds.

Hopefully the protectors of evil vermin get to "enjoy" these kind of acts and we'll see if they think the same.

Next up this guy will argue that soldiers and law enforcement are" killers" and have no rights to protect their country or the public.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:00 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,066,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Another work of fiction for the Liberal, It eliminates a criminal and ALL his future crimes.
It's amazing how so many people don't understand this. How has the US gone so wrong in this area whereas countries like Iran, Singapore, and China get it so right.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pailhead View Post
You can have Iran and China, I'll take the USA
We can HAVE the USA with the low violent crime rate China and Iran have.

I bet China and Iran don't have anywhere near the number of criminals that we have who have been convicted multiple times for the same crime.

And that's because they ARE actually punished and removed from free society.

In other countries a life sentence and a death sentence actually means that, not 7 years and you will be paroled or let go early for good behavior to go out and continue to engage in more crimes.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:26 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,204,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
No one should be hung or given the death penalty... giving the death penalty is just as bad as the murderer himself!
Even I get strong emotions such as hoping that terrorist in Sydney was dying a slow and painful death, however at the end of the day the death penalty is always wrong - it should be up to the universe (or god) to decide ones death...
Can't you go find a tree to hug????????

Old 12-19-2014, 04:39 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,204,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Imprisonment works just fine. Killing isn't necessary.
I'd like to see the appeals process shortened and go back to public hanging...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies