Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 07:51 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times

Advertisements

GeorgiaPacking.org's Places Where Firearm Carry is Off-Limits

Except as provided in subsection (c) of this Code section, it shall be unlawful for any person to carry, possess, or have under such person's control while on the premises of a nuclear power facility a firearm or weapon. Any person who violates this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

This Code section shall not apply to a security officer authorized to carry dangerous weapons pursuant to Code Section 16-11-124 who is acting in connection with his or her official duties on the premises of a federally licensed nuclear power facility; ...etc.
Lax Security At Nuclear Power Plant Outside Washington [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller

...a visible security presence is vital, because it may deter terrorists from targeting a facility in the first place.

“Part of security is to have a visible defense so that it doesn’t attract adversaries who might see this kind of weakness to exploit,” observes Dr. Edwin Lyman, an expert in nuclear terrorism at the Union of Concerned Scientists.

I get it. We're using the "you have to pass the empty security gate to see what's in it." line of reasoning.
SECRET NUCLEAR NINJA STRIKE FORCE???

There are some here who may argue that regular citizens can't be trusted to carry weapons in a nuclar facility. WRONG. That's the best place for everyone to be packing steel. If anything, you'd be even MORE SAFER there if everyone was loaded for bear. What makes nuclear power facilities so freakin' special? Don't they screen their employees? They screen regular gun owners, right? If you're screened, you're clean!

Don't think that I came up with this idea. This idea is older than you think. This fella explains it better than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lDb0Dn8OXE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 08:19 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
I worked at a nuclear facility for many years.....and based on your comments above you know nothing about working at a nuclear facility.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:20 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
He's trying (and failing) to make an anti-gun point.

You've been doing that a lot lately, ford. Failing, that is.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:59 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

As you fail at seeing a lack of security as being a problem. When a nuke plant gets hit by terrorists, just remember how you poo-poo'd the idea. Oh, forgot, this is America and things like 9/11 don't ever happen because America.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:56 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Errr, I'm not following any point he may or may not be trying to make.

It sounds more like a rambling drunken rant.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:59 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
I still don't understand why I wasn't able to carry my firearm while attending the Republican National Convention.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:27 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I still don't understand why I wasn't able to carry my firearm while attending the Republican National Convention.

Probably them flyass clothes you were wearing that made them nervous.

Hammertime!

Old 12-17-2014, 01:39 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
This is clearly a troll thread. Reported as such.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:22 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,259,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I worked at a nuclear facility for many years.....and based on your comments above you know nothing about working at a nuclear facility.
I also spent some time time in a nuclear power plant. I completely agree with you. He ain't ever been near one.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:23 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Because you weren't there, don't have a firearm and it was all a fantasy in your head?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies