Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 07:06 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
I am precisely on topic.

It is not possible for a leftist to be anyone's friend. It requires respect, and leftists, by ideology, respect nobody and seek their enslavement.

You're not on topic. You're trying to jack a thread about the lack of civility in politics and use it to throw bombs at the left by spewing your extremist propaganda while demanding your word be taken as truth and your decidedly biased (and hilariously skewed) version of reality be considered definitive by all.

Stop trying to jack the thread. There's literally 100s of other threads you can where you can spew your lies and hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 07:07 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
RRIIIIGGGHHHTTTT. That's because the conservative media like Fox News, Limbaugh, Breitbart and others of that ilk are such sweet angels. I had a good laugh with your post.
What does that nonsense have to do with what I said?

Everyone on the left has animosity toward everyone else, and seeks their enslavement to the state.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
You're not on topic. You're trying to jack a thread about the lack of civility in politics and use it to throw bombs at the left by spewing your extremist propaganda while demanding your word be taken as truth and your decidedly biased (and hilariously skewed) version of reality be considered definitive by all.

Stop trying to jack the thread. There's literally 100s of other threads you can where you can spew your lies and hate.
I am precisely talking about civility in politics.

It is not civil to be on the left. It is inherently anti-civil. Because those on the left believe EVERYONE is either to be a dependent or a slave to the government - and that concept is the precise opposite of civility, respect, even civilization itself.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
I am precisely talking about civility in politics.

It is not civil to be on the left. It is inherently anti-civil. Because those on the left believe EVERYONE is either to be a dependent or a slave to the government - and that concept is the precise opposite of civility, respect, even civilization itself.
lol

If you found yourself accidentally typing out something even remotely true, would you break your fingers to prevent it from showing up on CD? At this point I'm guessing that's probably what you'd do.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:13 PM

212 posts, read 689,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
It didn't used to be like this. Politics were a part of a person's life, not the primary focus. And they were seldom discussed in polite company. What political opinions one held were generally private. And everyone knew that your vote was private.

I actually know people who won't have any dealings with someone on the opposite side! That's arbitrarily shutting out too many potential friends to be healthy in my opinion.

And if you never consider other viewpoints you can miss important decision-making factors. It's crazy.
Too true. Left vs. right vs. black vs. white vs. brown vs. yellow vs. red vs. gay vs. straight vs. bi vs. Muslims vs. Christians vs. atheists vs. etc. It's all senseless distraction and we gobble it up like candy. Sad.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:15 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
There's nothing in common.

They want the state to control every facet of my life and I disagree. Ergo, we have NO common ground whatsoever.

Yeah! Like those damned Liberals trying to use the power of government to control who can and can't get married! Fascist scum!

Oh, wait....

Both parties want the government to have the most power/authority that it can. THERE'S your common ground.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yeah! Like those damned Liberals trying to use the power of government to control who can and can't get married! Fascist scum!

Oh, wait....

Both parties want the government to have the most power/authority that it can. THERE'S your common ground.
You'll notice that the subject is left vs right, not political parties.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
lol

If you found yourself accidentally typing out something even remotely true, would you break your fingers to prevent it from showing up on CD? At this point I'm guessing that's probably what you'd do.
Well, explain to me how I'm wrong in any fashion.

Come on, show me all those liberals who want the government to stop controlling health care, work, employment, business, education, my income via taxation, my property by 10 billion rules and taxes and so on and so forth.

You can't. Precisely because you believe that government SHOULD control every decision and every last iota of my life and your life.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Well, explain to me how I'm wrong in any fashion.
You're wrong in every fashion.

Quote:
Come on, show me all those liberals who want the government to stop controlling health care, work, employment, business, education, my income via taxation, my property by 10 billion rules and taxes and so on and so forth.

You can't. Precisely because you believe that government SHOULD control every decision and every last iota of my life and your life.

Regulation does not = controlling every decision.

I don't need to prove that's NOT true, you first have to prove that

regulation = controlling every decision.

Go ahead, this ought to be enjoyable watching your typical insistence that already-defined words now mean what you want them to.

lol

Old 12-17-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
You're wrong in every fashion.

Regulation does not = controlling every decision.

I don't need to prove that's NOT true, you first have to prove that

regulation = controlling every decision.

Go ahead, this ought to be enjoyable watching your typical insistence that already-defined words now mean what you want them to.

lol
So, thank you for admitting I'm correct and you have absolutely no rebuttal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies