Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 07:21 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,647,969 times

Advertisements

Before this, I would never have hesitated to ask a fellow shopper for help reaching for something. After this, I never will again.
Before this latest "divide" between the races? If I would catch the eye of a random stranger while passing on the street or standing in line (black or white), it was always smile and acknowledge in some way.
I feel it is not anything I can do anymore. The look on the faces of a lot of black women is actually frightening.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:41 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,006,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Before this, I would never have hesitated to ask a fellow shopper for help reaching for something. After this, I never will again.
Before this latest "divide" between the races? If I would catch the eye of a random stranger while passing on the street or standing in line (black or white), it was always smile and acknowledge in some way.
I feel it is not anything I can do anymore. The look on the faces of a lot of black women is actually frightening.

It's unfortunate you have to witness such horrors.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:44 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,079,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
That's just silly talk. People are people. Most of them are idiots, but harmless.

You want to see a social reaction? Hold a door open for a man. That's amusing.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:08 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That's just silly talk. People are people. Most of them are idiots, but harmless.

You want to see a social reaction? Hold a door open for a man. That's amusing.
Ha-ha! I do that and they usually turn around, hold the door and say "no, after YOU!" I've been surprised at some of the males who do that. I would not have expected that out of them by looking at them and the opposite of some.

I think the Obummers have done more in the past 6 years to divide the country racially than help it. I don't think we will see another black president for many years now. Maybe even the rest of my life.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:10 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,528,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

I think the Obummers have done more in the past 6 years to divide the country racially than help it. I don't think we will see another black president for many years now. Maybe even the rest of my life.
You mean the Obamas? How so?

Old 12-19-2014, 10:15 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,079,043 times
Quote:
Ha-ha! I do that and they usually turn around, hold the door and say "no, after YOU!" I've been surprised at some of the males who do that. I would not have expected that out of them by looking at them and the opposite of some.

Please don't cheapen yourself by saying " Obummer". He is the President, and deserves the respect of the office. I did not like it when people called GWB " the shrub. " either. Disrespect says a lot more about the person dishing it out than it does the subject of said disrespect .

Old 12-19-2014, 10:40 AM

16,892 posts, read 15,150,623 times
Quote:

"Obama"

And

You don't think that if Colin Powell (or a man of his stature/caliber) were to run, he'd win by a landslide?

Last edited by Arcenal813; 12-19-2014 at 11:12 AM..

Old 12-19-2014, 11:10 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,006,000 times
Quote:
Which will be how long? Do you know?

Old 12-19-2014, 11:15 AM

16,406 posts, read 8,488,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Here we go. Why did you say, "Obamas"? It was Michelle that stated that example. President Obama stated he was handed the keys at a valet and asked to get a drink at a black tie party, so Barack certainly has a few good examples. It is interesting how people skim over facts to perpetuate their agenda as if the President is to blame for Michelle's example. I am glad you are so perfect and would never make any mistakes. You wouldn't last a week in the WH under such a microscope. It really is a joke how people in the US treat others on the stupid Internet, that really is a vessel for spewing nonsense. I really wish it wasn't invented. Times were MUCH better prior to this propaganda machine. It sure is destroying us a little at a time. Just look at the headlines from sorry websites like "The Blaze", or "smoking gun". What a joke of a place we have created, but people fall for it all.
Your kidding, right?
Well I guess you aren't because you assail the poster for using Obama's as in plural, as if BO never made any racially charged claims like Michelle has. In reality he has acted like he has a bigger racial chip on his shoulder than she has. Just read his books, listen to comments made prior to becoming POTUS, and certainly many things since becoming president.
To quote him, he has "acted stupidly" in many racial issues, always (yes every time I am aware of) taking the side of the black person, regardless of the facts (Gates, Martin, Brown, etc.)

Every president has their faults, makes mistakes, and has his critics. However Obama & Co have been the most racially divisive administration in my lifetime.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:47 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You mean the Obamas? How so?
No, I said what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Please don't cheapen yourself by saying " Obummer". He is the President, and deserves the respect of the office. I did not like it when people called GWB " the shrub. " either. Disrespect says a lot more about the person dishing it out than it does the subject of said disrespect .
If it cheapens me in your eyes, so be it. I have always respected TPOTUS except for "it isn't sex" Willy and now Obummer. HE has no respect for the American people as a whole, why should I respect him just because he holds a title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
"Obama"

And

You don't think that if Colin Powell (or a man of his stature/caliber) were to run, he'd win by a landslide?
I KNOW Powell would win by a landslide!! I wanted that man to run so bad. Or Rice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Which will be how long? Do you know?
Nope. Just hoping on both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.