Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 11:30 AM

7,537 posts, read 11,537,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Just lies the dems started in the clinton era...
How did the dems start lieing about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq during the Clinton era they did not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 11:34 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,532,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
You so your saying is one lie from Obama is really 5 10 or even 20 lies In the eyes of the right wing nut jobs Obama is damed if he do hand damed if is doesn't not matter what he does it is illegal he should be executed
Nice attempt at putting words into my mouth. Usual when you have nothing to refute my statement with.

BTW, one huge whopper of a lie that continues through out his entire term in office far outpaces and impacts so much that it makes all others look innocent. But as a loyal to a fault, non thinking supporter of Obama (aka the liar in chief) you will never admit that.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:40 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,130,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Nice attempt at putting words into my mouth. Usual when you have nothing to refute my statement with.

BTW, one huge whopper of a lie that continues through out his entire term in office far outpaces and impacts so much that it makes all others look innocent. But as a loyal to a fault, non thinking supporter of Obama (aka the liar in chief) you will never admit that.
What lie is that? That he will uphold the Constitution?

Old 12-18-2014, 11:47 AM

46,197 posts, read 26,953,582 times
Quote:
How did the dems start lieing about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq during the Clinton era they did not
Quote:
“Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people.” — Tom Daschle in 1998
Quote:
“[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq’s refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs.” — From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998
Quote:
“Whereas Iraq has consistently breached its cease-fire agreement between Iraq and the United States, entered into on March 3, 1991, by failing to dismantle its weapons of mass destruction program, and refusing to permit monitoring and verification by United Nations inspections; Whereas Iraq has developed weapons of mass destruction, including chemical and biological capabilities, and has made positive progress toward developing nuclear weapons capabilities” — From a joint resolution submitted by Tom Harkin and Arlen Specter on July 18, 2002
Quote:
“Saddam’s goal … is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed.” — Madeline Albright, 1998
Slap your head a few more times....maybe you'll come around....

Old 12-18-2014, 12:00 PM

I guess you did not see post #6 I made I guess right wing nut jobs do not care about facts that are backed up a few times they like there own reality

Old 12-18-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I guess you did not see post #6 I made I guess right wing nut jobs do not care about facts that are backed up a few times they like there own reality
No, I did and your post was slammed by post 9...

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Those "lies" were told by many Democrats first.

snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes

Obama has got Bush beat, who not only lied about how his own mother died, he continued the lie after being caught in the lie. He knows the sheep follow the shepherd regardless and there is no point in telling the truth when lies are excused.

https://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/obama-252/

What Obama didn

St. Pete for Peace - Obama fact sheet

‘The Road We’ve Traveled:’ A misleading account of Obama’s mother and her insurance dispute - The Washington Post

Quote:
So, you are saying those DIRECT quotes were not made? LOL...really....

Keep slapping!!

Old 12-18-2014, 12:08 PM

Weapons of Mass Destruction were never found in Iraq

Old 12-18-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Weapons of Mass Destruction were never found in Iraq

And those lies were started in he CLINTON ADMIN....

Unless you are saying non of these quotes below were really stated..by those in congress....

Keep slapping!

Quote:
“Whereas Iraq has consistently breached its cease-fire agreement between Iraq and the United States, entered into on March 3, 1991, by failing to dismantle its weapons of mass destruction program, and refusing to permit monitoring and verification by United Nations inspections; Whereas Iraq has developed weapons of mass destruction, including chemical and biological capabilities, and has made positive progress toward developing nuclear weapons capabilities” — From a joint resolution submitted by Tom Harkin and Arlen Specter on July 18, 2002
Quote:
“Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people.” — Tom Daschle in 1998
Quote:
“[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq’s refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs.” — From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998
Quote:
“Saddam’s goal … is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed.” — Madeline Albright, 1998
I've highlighted the red...so you don't have to read...very hard....

Old 12-18-2014, 12:25 PM

52,459 posts, read 34,191,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Ok--so it is obvious you have an agenda. Still, you post an article and omit half of it.
I guess you've never bothered to read the forum guidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&OC Forum Guidelines
Also, when referencing postings with quoted sourced material, please edit the reference down to the extent possible to minimize copyright issues.

We will be deleting postings which violate copyright rules, and we really don't want to damage the discussions. Please keep this in mind when posting.

Old 12-18-2014, 01:00 PM

29,466 posts, read 16,420,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Last year the biggest lie of 2013 was Obamas' "If you like your health care plan you can......etc etc"

Although the top three lies of 2014 are unranked, two of the three biggest lies of the year were told by Obama. One involving his ISIS JV quote (if you said your quote, you can keep your quote) - the other was about the Republicans propensity for filibustering.

Rand Paul also told a doozy as well, and rounds out the top three political lies of the year.

Congratulations again Mr President.

Paul - not good. Not good at all. Obama will soon be a has-been. But Paul is a wanna-be, and if he keeps telling such lies he will be a never-was.

The biggest Pinocchios of 2014 - The Washington Post
None of the things about OBama are lies.

Saying that ISIS is not Al Queda is a fact, not an opinion, or did ISIS fly a plane into a Building that I didnt know about ?

So how is it a lie? ( read what they said they were fact checking and you will see what i mean)

It also isnt a Lie to say republicans filibustered 500 pieces of legislature. Filibuster in and of itself does have a set definition, and by that technical definition, there werent 500 of them, but by its colloquial one, there was. This is the case of the media playing stupid. If i point to a dog, and call it a cat, you still know what i am talking about. If republicans in opposition to a bill hold a combination of filibusters and cloture votes, then they in effort, stopped 500 pieces of legislature. He doesnt have to use the words cloture of filibuster for you to be smart enough to know what he means.

Also, this is not a list of 3 lies, so you cant say "2 of the biggest 3", there are like 15 lies on this list. nice cherry picking on your part though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies