Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 06:53 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times

Advertisements

So i was told that conservatives hate this.. And hate that! But when they lose power you actually hear hate! Its coming out of the mouths of the left!

To the poster qworldorder: issues are not so black and white. Many republicans and conservatives are willing to concede on part of your issues such as abortion in some cases. But wheres the left like you to concede too? Say in issues of partial birth or late term abortion? If the baby can live outside the woom with mimimal help from doctors and then is killed isnt thst murder? If a lady made a mistake and its early in her pregnancy i can understand (would sadden me) a abortion, say first trimester. But after that unless the mothers life is at risk then put your child up for adoption if you dont want it. Theres plenty of americans who give. A choice would adopt a american baby instead of a overseas one.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:54 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
'I Hate Republicans': Professor Taking Heat for Column on GOP

WOW, what an idiot but that is what we have teaching in colleges now.
She looks like a miserable woman.

Honestly, Living with this kind of baggage only hurts herself, not everybody else.

"hate"? seriously?

Old 12-19-2014, 06:57 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
It's not personal with me, but I agree with the sentiments that Republicans ruin the country from a policy standpoint. I can separate politics from the person. Some of my friends are staunch conservatives.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:59 AM

The person who "hates" somebody because of their political views should seek immediate professional help in order to save her own sanity.

Drama queen much?

Old 12-19-2014, 07:00 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Who really cares what some "Communications" professor (whatever the hell that means) says in Ann Arbor? She has no bearing or influence on anything.
I would think she could have made more money pushing climate change with her impressive credentials.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:04 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I would think she could have made more money pushing climate change with her impressive credentials.
Based on her CV, she publishes feminist rhetoric. I could care less what this person has to say and am surprised anyone would care.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:09 AM

This woman is hateful and miserable. I know a lot of Liberals in real life, and they are nothing like her.

Even when I "argue" with posters on line, I never really "hated" anybody. Just having a heated debate or conversation, that is all.

How can she possibly call herself a liberal when she openly discriminates against a whole group of people.
Anyone that hates someone because of their political affiliation is an idiot.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:12 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I'm going to tell you what I tell my kids: if you want people to respect your beliefs, you must respect theirs. And increasingly, liberals seem to have a problem with that.
It's because those liberals/leftists/progressives truly think they are superior to those who are unlike them. Thus, always right. You see them on here, trying to shut down debate by just calling those who disagree "unintelligent" for example. The belief in their innate superiority over conservatives is really no different than racism.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
It's because those liberals/leftists/progressives truly think they are superior to everyone else. Thus, always right. The belief in their innate superiority over conservatives is really no different than racism.
"I hate Republicans, it is okay to hate Republicans"

What differences between the above statement and the followings

"I hate black people, it is okay to hate them."

"I Hate Muslims, it is okay to hate them."

"I hate gays, it is okay to hate them"

SHOCKING!

Old 12-19-2014, 07:16 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
I think people care because at many universities there are entire departments where highly objective grading and "right think" literally force a mindset via penalty\reward rather than actually educating students.

Now, if you are in math or engineering etc. you typically don't have to deal with these knuckleheads but if your interests lie elsewhere you better get with the program or you can kiss your grades, shot at grad-school etc. goodbye if you aren't a "team player".

I remember when I was in college they forced a guy out of a "womens studies" class not because he was disruptive but because he created a hostile environment because others weren't comfortable with him in the class. The kid needed an elective and it fit his schedule perfectly so.....yeah....so much for tolerance and education. But hey, that's what you get at most of these schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies