Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 08:51 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I will watch any films if Denzel washington is in it because I think he is a great actor. Life is too short to focus on skin color or idiots.
i cant rep you again, but this is very well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 08:53 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The same reason why the left so desperately tries to find cases of racism - it serves a political purpose.

Meanwhile, short people can no longer ask a tall black person to get an item off a shelf at the store.
Not even. The right-wing has more racists because racism in itself is a logical fallacy of the genetic type. Conservative arguments usually aren't logically, because conservatives react better to fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's just the other sides partisans bending the racism meme back on you.

Same with the whole stupid Bush is pushing up gas prices to help his oil buddies meme....got turned into Obama is driving up gas prices meme.

Then all the rwnjs and lwnjs start crying that the other side is wrong, the other side is bad...blah blah blah....anyone that partisan is a raging hypocrit, see it here all the time.
Except they are not equal.

The right truly is always wrong. Which part of history has the conservative position ever been correct?

Old 12-19-2014, 09:12 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's just the other sides partisans bending the racism meme back on you.

Same with the whole stupid Bush is pushing up gas prices to help his oil buddies meme....got turned into Obama is driving up gas prices meme.

Then all the rwnjs and lwnjs start crying that the other side is wrong, the other side is bad...blah blah blah....anyone that partisan is a raging hypocrit, see it here all the time.

Sure- it is just "fake". I guess that is why the CEO of Sony was also stating that Obama probably only likes "black themed films" and now has to kiss Al Sharpton's ring to beg forgiveness.

Give me a break.

Left wingers are routinely racist as a matter of course.

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnh...9044/page/full#!

Old 12-19-2014, 11:00 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
The "liberalness" of Hollywood has always been overrated, they're actually much more conservative than they're given credit for. Couple of examples

1. They don't show black male/white female couples unless that's what the entire movie is about(guess who's coming to dinner, jungle fever etc)
2. They rarely if ever talk about abortion, even if the entire movies premise is based on pregnancy(see knocked up or Juno)
3. The white savior narrative, I can't tell you how many movies I've seen where the black characters only role is to be helpless until the white guy/girl saves them(The Blindside, City of Joy,Freedom writers, cry freedom and countless others)

Old 12-19-2014, 11:02 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
In another example of liberal racism, execs at Sony revealed that they are reluctant to cast blacks in leading roles in thier films. Libs, when they actually speak their minds in private, are usually very racist and narrow minded people who attempt to present another face in public.

Sony Hack: Studio Warned Not to Cast Denzel Washington Due to His Race - Breitbart

Good thing they reversed course with Denzel Washington in "The Equalizer". Washington is my favorite "modern" actor (I like Clint Eastwood and Jimmy Stewart from older movies) and have never seen one of his movies I did not like. However, unlike libs, when I see him, I see a great actor, not a great BLACK actor.
Good god, read the actual article that you post. You're embarrassing yourself.

I loved Flight, I feel he should've gotten an Oscar for that role.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
You don't have to look hard for liberal racism, as it is pervasive. Most liberals, being racist, expect less from blacks, as they consider them inferior, thus continuing support for special treatment of minorities.

When one expects and demands excellence, excellence is usually the result. Coddle and foster inferiority, and that is what you will get.
Oh... so that explains why we keep getting all of these lame conservatives into office.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:14 AM

187 posts, read 626,402 times
[quote=hawkeye2009;37697053]I ask my wife to get things off of shelves all the time (she is 6 ft and I am 5' 7").quote]

Lucky you!

Old 12-19-2014, 11:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
You don't have to look hard for liberal racism, as it is pervasive. Most liberals, being racist, expect less from blacks, as they consider them inferior, thus continuing support for special treatment of minorities.

When one expects and demands excellence, excellence is usually the result. Coddle and foster inferiority, and that is what you will get.
Quick - what political party does the producer who made the recommendation belong to?

Oh, that's right. You have no clue.

Thread fail.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:22 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
In another example of liberal racism, execs at Sony revealed that they are reluctant to cast blacks in leading roles in thier films. Libs, when they actually speak their minds in private, are usually very racist and narrow minded people who attempt to present another face in public.

Sony Hack: Studio Warned Not to Cast Denzel Washington Due to His Race - Breitbart

Good thing they reversed course with Denzel Washington in "The Equalizer". Washington is my favorite "modern" actor (I like Clint Eastwood and Jimmy Stewart from older movies) and have never seen one of his movies I did not like. However, unlike libs, when I see him, I see a great actor, not a great BLACK actor.
From my observation conservatives seem to always downplay the role of racism....and few situations, in their eyes, are actually racist, but rather, a "victim syndrome" or "card" being played by those making the claim for some sort of gain. Yet, conservatives salivate to point out examples of white liberal racism.....even though racism largely in their eyes does not exist and is just an "excuse" used by people for their own personal failings.

Here is another thing: Conservatives tend to be the ones who will point to the election of a black president as demonstration that America is NOT racist.....Yet....they are not the ones who voted the black president in. They (the conservatives) use the actions of liberal whites to demonstrate that whites (and by association white conservatives) are not racist and that racism is not a problem.....all while "they" voted against him. Talk about welfare....white conservatives use the actions of white liberals to defend white people against claims of being racist.....because they cannot use their own actions.

Oh the irony.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 12-19-2014 at 11:57 AM..

Old 12-19-2014, 11:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
It is interesting that under a democrat president, race relations always go to hell.
Then under a Republican Presidents, they get better.

It is like there is an agitation that the white man is keeping them down, once they get in power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies