Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2014, 10:26 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,496,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
In breaking news, Atlanta has just learned that the USSS exists. Let's all give him a round of applause.
A pattern seen here by a lot, not all, that if you believe that Obama and his family have the right to vacation on tax payers money,
Or if you believe he is footing the bill.

The pattern is to be mean and to belittle others.
And to be short of cruel.

Just like your post above Malloric.
It is full of such off base rudeness and cruelty.

I have said several times that I don't like my taxes going towards the Presidents vacation.
Any President. Past, present, or future.
And so have some others.
And we have the right to believe that, just like you have the right to believe otherwise.

But, some of the people who disagree with this attempt to cut down other posters with such whom don't have the same beliefs as you.

It is really pathetic.

Last edited by Atalanta; 12-20-2014 at 10:37 PM..

Old 12-20-2014, 10:37 PM

35,302 posts, read 20,671,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
These people are very rich. In the spirit of CHRISTMAS and goodwill to men, they and their children should PAY for a vacation or a large bill of some deserving soul out there. I have read in the papers so many unknown Americans paying others bills, picking up their restaurant check, treating the under privileged children to a special treat etc: the story is endless. Yet the Obamas who could afford to do such things not only not do a kind deed as such, BUT THEY FORCE TAXPAYERS to pay for their personal pleasures of vacations. So tell me what is the difference between Ray Ray from" da hood" sticking a gun in your face and telling you to give it up, compared to these irreverent arrogant thugs in the White House? Ans: the cowards get the IRS to do their dirty work.
Some people work three jobs so these bottom feeders can jet set around the world. THEY ARE EMBARRASSING.
This post is embarrassing- you know nothing of what they give or to whom. and "FORCE"- honey you need to calm down- and take a pill your BP is up, Govt tax money is allocated by the congress did you not just see how and where it is spent on something called the fiscal budget??

Old 12-20-2014, 10:45 PM

35,302 posts, read 20,671,984 times
the scrooge family is alive and well by these posts - NO sense of the Christmas spirit. they need a good dose of Christmas future

Old 12-20-2014, 11:11 PM

87,957 posts, read 83,773,798 times
Sounds like a nice boost for the Hawai'in economy. Good for them.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:27 PM

21,602 posts, read 24,739,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
A pattern seen here by a lot, not all, that if you believe that Obama and his family have the right to vacation on tax payers money,
Or if you believe he is footing the bill.

The pattern is to be mean and to belittle others.
And to be short of cruel.

Just like your post above Malloric.
It is full of such off base rudeness and cruelty.

I have said several times that I don't like my taxes going towards the Presidents vacation.
Any President. Past, present, or future.
And so have some others.
And we have the right to believe that, just like you have the right to believe otherwise.

But, some of the people who disagree with this attempt to cut down other posters with such whom don't have the same beliefs as you.

It is really pathetic.
Well, that's kind of too bad. He's a public employee so your tax dollars pay his salary. He's free to use his salary however he wants. If he wants to spend it renting a vacation house in Hawaii for two weeks it's on him.

And yes, I'm making fun of you for your opinion. I'm even belittling you for it. Just like you have a right to express your opinion that you feel your entitled to an opinion how how the President spends his money, I have the right to tell you I think your opinion is dumb. Time to grow up.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:36 PM

17,383 posts, read 11,885,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoir View Post
Reagan, Bush and W all had more executive orders: Every President’s Executive Orders In One Chart | FiveThirtyEight
Not if you count Obama's memos, which are virtually the same.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:38 PM

28,562 posts, read 18,560,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Not if you count Obama's memos, which are virtually the same.
Except that they're not.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:15 AM

176 posts, read 416,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I get 2 weeks for the holidays. If some people weren't so Anti union in this country, they could the holidays off too!
I was in a union for 8 years
There was no paid vacation or holidays.
I am glad to be back out in the real world again where I do get paid vacation an holidays.
But this discussion is not about unions so I wont go into ho corrupt I think they are.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:05 AM

14,785 posts, read 23,946,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I have a feeling the Secret Service is saying they're happier going to Hawaii than to Texas also.
Im sure they are and anybody would be happy taking a vacay on someone else's dime again tax payer money ....

Old 12-21-2014, 06:58 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,031,621 times
He's from Hawaii. Would anyone be pissed if he was from Iowa and vacationing there ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.