Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 07:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I thought the GOP plan was to just die.

These people are truly nuts.

However, the people who actually believe them? The I.Q. of your average sheep.
Actually, it was a former governor of Colorado, a Dem who said we all have a duty to die.
GOV. LAMM ASSERTS ELDERLY, IF VERY ILL, HAVE 'DUTY TO DIE' - NYTimes.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This house member elect is for real.

He has a PHD in theology and claims to perform gay exorcism.

He won his district with 70% of the vote.

He touts being a faithful husband amongst his accomplishments on his web page.
Well, being a faithful husband is a good thing,and apparently rare in a pol, but it's not a qualification for political office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Maybe, you and others should be questioning the people in Colorado and not the whole Republican party. I myself find it strange when Christians compare themselves to anything in OT. Funny some are making fun of the south and this is coming out of a liberal state!

After all some of us think medical MJ cures diseases, why can't God??
Why "the people of Colorado"? He was elected in his district in Colorado Springs, a very conservative place. And Colorado is NOT a liberal state; it's purple.

Quote:
Funny most people don't even see how they have rewritten pre-existing conditions they may not deny a person, but have you seen the deductibles and things they have just eliminated from the plan.

I really never understood all the hype of "your child staying on your plan." If you were willing to pay your child's bill this plan existed before ACA.......plus it was a tax write off. Wait until most of us do taxes and then we may see what Mrs.Pelosi was talking about. Cuts done in one place are always added in another. Most all decisions include our pocket book and not cuts in government wasteful spending.

Imagine how much healthcare the government could afford to give "The People" if it wasn't starting wars and giving guns and $$$ to terrorist around the world.
The thing is, you couldn't keep your kid on your plan after a certain age in many states, even if you were willing to pay for it. Both of our kids got bumped off when they graduated from college. Then the ACA passed and the younger one went back on until she finished grad school. So it's no hype. It's great for people with YA kids who do not have employer-provided insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 10:03 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Funny most people don't even see how they have rewritten pre-existing conditions. They may not deny a person, but have you seen the deductibles and things they have just eliminated from the plan? Hardly, worth paying each month for little coverage. My state is not allowed to claim subsidies, as of now our state doesn't offer subsidies. Not sure if this was my state not wanting ObamaCare or the subsidies are only for those following the rules of ACA......for this the price is high. Wonder why they are selecting some people to get subsidies and those who can't pay the FULL price. It is even listed this way!

I really never understood all the hype of "your child staying on your plan." If you were willing to pay your child's bill this plan existed before ACA.......plus it was a tax write off. Wait until most of us do taxes and then we may see what Mrs.Pelosi was talking about. Cuts done in one place are always added in another. Most all decisions include our pocket book and not cuts in government wasteful spending.

Imagine how much healthcare the government could afford to give "The People" if they were not starting wars, giving guns and $$$ to terrorist around the world.
The difference is insurance companies cannot charge people more just because of a defined "pre-existing condition."

As for children staying with their parents' plan, it use to be up until 24, now it is up to 26, which helps the age of young adults that tend to be one the largest group of uninsured Americans.

As for how much healthcare the government could afford if they weren't starting wars, giving guns, and etc, probably a lot. This country has always had it priorities wrong. Healthcare and education should be a priority, not being the world's bullies.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:20 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Why doesn't the GOP publicly denounce this kind of nonsense? Until they do, how do we know he doesn't represent the entire GOP?

And why doesn't the entire Democratic party denounce Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid? Obviously, they both represent the party of "pass it before you can see it" bills. Hell, why don't we just have slot machines write our bills since we have to pass them to see what's in them.

Oh, you mean to tell me those two don't represent the entire Democratic party? I don't see people shouting them down from the rooftops. Ahh. Do as I say, not as I do. I get it.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:52 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
And why doesn't the entire Democratic party denounce Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid? Obviously, they both represent the party of "pass it before you can see it" bills. Hell, why don't we just have slot machines write our bills since we have to pass them to see what's in them.
How long are you guys going to keep taking the "pass it before we can see it" quote completely out of context? Probably forever at this point because that's how the US conservative mind works, but if it's your only argument against Obamacare, you're on pretty pathetic and weak ground.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:01 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Two- thirds of the US adult population is overweight- obese. We are the fattest population on earth. Depending on source 50-57% of the population has diagnosed/ undiagnosed Diabetes. We are substantially more prone to heart disease and some Cancers.

Maybe we should pray the fat away.
Say a very lengthy grace so the food gets cold?

Old 12-21-2014, 06:04 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
GOP lawmaker proposes Obamacare replacement: Rely on Jesus for health care

Gordon Klingenschmitt (R), a state representative in Colorado, is proposing repealing the ACA and in its place, Americans should turn to God for their health care.

"If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you,’” Klingenschmitt said, quoting Exodus 15."

GOP lawmaker proposes Obamacare replacement: Rely on Jesus for health care

It seems Republicans do have a plan to replace the ACA if they manage to repeal it after all. Good to know.
Remember if YOU attempt to ridicule someone who has different beliefs they you do, then it is OK to ridicule YOU for YOUR beliefs.

I think this is a VERY juvenile post, even for you.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:25 AM

1,199 posts, read 734,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
A number of things, really?

Other than eliminating pre-existing conditions (which I agree 100% with), in your opinion, what are the others?
For starters, no lifetime capped limit.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:54 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Remember if YOU attempt to ridicule someone who has different beliefs they you do, then it is OK to ridicule YOU for YOUR beliefs.

I think this is a VERY juvenile post, even for you.
Why? It shows that the party, most critical of ACA, still has no viable plan besides rhetoric or praying.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:34 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
How long are you guys going to keep taking the "pass it before we can see it" quote completely out of context? Probably forever at this point because that's how the US conservative mind works, but if it's your only argument against Obamacare, you're on pretty pathetic and weak ground.

I was making a point about denouncing politicians, not taking a pot shot at the PPACA. But, since you mentioned it, how is the quote being taken out of context.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:47 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I was making a point about denouncing politicians, not taking a pot shot at the PPACA. But, since you mentioned it, how is the quote being taken out of context.
Here's the full quote:

“You’ve heard about the controversies, the process about the bill…but I don’t know if you’ve heard that it is legislation for the future – not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America,” she told the National Association of Counties annual legislative conference, which has drawn about 2,000 local officials to Washington. “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it – away from the fog of the controversy.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies