Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 10:11 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Broken record.

Repeating half-understood phrases in a vain attempt to cover oneself in rhetorical splendor is a poor substitute for argument. The fact that is has gone in a complete circle just proves it.

Ismaaiyl Brinsley was a cold-blooded ideological killer, nurtured by the useful idiots of the Ferguson protest crowd. He can't be compared to Darren Wilson or Danial Pantaleo and more than Adolf Hitler can to Winston Churchill. He's neither a patriot nor a tyrant. Just the unfortunate idiot who fate chose to carry out DiBlazio's wishes.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:12 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
De Blasio is going to have to hire the New Black Panthers to protect him. He has lost the NYPD. I also wonder what is going to happen in neighborhoods like Bedford–Stuyvesant, Brooklyn. Bed-Stuy has a long history of violence, but has made a come-back over the last several decades - that could come to a screeching halt if the Police decide it's just not a good place for them to patrol or even respond.

All these folks that want to re-live the 'glory days' of the Civil Rights era with their Riots and Protests and the 70's & 80's with their battles against the Police & Establishment - may get exactly what they want. Streets on Fire with no police protection. I hear the same slogans - "Kill the Pigs", and so they have begun. I suspect that time is short for some sanity before it all gets too much out of control.

Blue-Flu could become an epidemic this season.
I lived in Manhattan when you couldn't take the A train without fear of attack by black thugs, couldn't walk in Central Park after sundown, had to avoid large swaths of the city such as Washington Heights due to crack dealer activity on many street corners. This criminal activity changed when Giuliani came into power and supported the police. The police cleaned the city up. People forget that. The police, not the politicians, protect people from criminals.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:15 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Michael Brown's family condemns shootings of NYC officers

Michael Brown's family condemns shootings of NYC officers - Toshiba

So we have those who are protesting condemning the shooting deaths of the police officers but when Eric Garner was killed all we had out of those responsible was a complete attempt to blame him.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I lived in Manhattan when you couldn't take the A train without fear of attack by black thugs, couldn't walk in Central Park after sundown, had to avoid large swaths of the city such as Washington Heights due to crack dealer activity on many street corners. This criminal activity changed when Giuliani came into power and supported the police. The police cleaned the city up. People forget that. The police, not the politicians, protect people from criminals.
I grew up in that neighborhood..full of Irish/Italian/Polish back in the 60's-70's.
Such a sad shame that it went to hell in a hand basket and it's not even American citizens that have done that but a flood of immigrants from the DR.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:23 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
De Blasio is going to have to hire the New Black Panthers to protect him. He has lost the NYPD. I also wonder what is going to happen in neighborhoods like Bedford–Stuyvesant, Brooklyn. Bed-Stuy has a long history of violence, but has made a come-back over the last several decades - that could come to a screeching halt if the Police decide it's just not a good place for them to patrol or even respond.

All these folks that want to re-live the 'glory days' of the Civil Rights era with their Riots and Protests and the 70's & 80's with their battles against the Police & Establishment - may get exactly what they want. Streets on Fire with no police protection. I hear the same slogans - "Kill the Pigs", and so they have begun. I suspect that time is short for some sanity before it all gets too much out of control.

Blue-Flu could become an epidemic this season.
The slain offers were there because it is a high crime area. Black on black crime.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
And another attempt at killing cops got averted this morning.

Two NYPD cops 'assassinated' in Brooklyn 'revenge' killing - NY Daily News
A second slay attempt on NYPD officers was narrowly avoided early Sunday when a gunman’s weapon jammed as he took aim at two cops outside a Bronx housing project, sources said.

Investigators grabbed the wannabe cop killer after he dropped his gun and ran into the Millbrook Houses on Saint Anns Ave. in Port Morris, sources said.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:28 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Brown and Garner, the patriots ?... The two cops, the tyrants ?

Given that choice, when the refreshing occurs, I'll take the tyrant side.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:30 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Brown and Garner, the patriots ?... The two cops, the tyrants ?

Given that choice, when the refreshing occurs, I'll take the tyrant side.
No, there were many protesters that have used that statement and how many condemning those upset now condemned that call for violence?

Old 12-21-2014, 10:31 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Not living in New York, I had no idea what a low life lying scumbag the new mayor is:

De Blasio quietly filed untaxed cig suit the week of Garner decision | New York Post

Old 12-21-2014, 10:31 AM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
The police should just leave high-crime black neighborhoods and build a gated wall around them. That way they won't have to worry about police killing people like Michael Brown in their communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies