Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 09:47 PM

77,937 posts, read 60,105,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pailhead View Post
Rahm was a wealthy wall street banker who is anti union, how is that liberalism??

Is liberalism pro wall street and anti union?? Since when??
Since forever because liberals keep voting for those candidates.

Here, let me help you....who signed NAFTA, an extremely anti-union republican piece of legislation.

Hmmm...probably a bunch of tickets you have voted for....kennedy, biden, clinton(s), gore (supported) and much much more.

Democrats have F*cked their constituency over on fiscal matters because the last 20 years has been a big disraction about how the GOP is "racist, homophobic, anti-woman...." which is kinda-sorta truthy if you squint but while they did it...foreign policy? military? spending? pro-corporate? Ya betcha.

You might hate the tea party but at least they have convictions.

The left are vastly more sheepish. baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 09:55 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,304,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pailhead View Post
Unless you support teens carrying guns in public, the 2nd amendment has no relevance.

Wrong, because there is a spillover effect. If you make it illegal for everyone to defend themselves from criminal violence, criminal violence will increase, and everyone will suffer the consequences, including teens.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,979,049 times
Rahm is an authoritarian. He will take whatever position as long as it promotes more government power.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:00 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,223,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Since the last Republican Mayor of Chicago ended his term in 1931 I guess we wouldn't know.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:09 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,801,810 times
Why is anyone celebrating an act of violence? If Rahm got his butt kicked, I'd probably chuckle a bit and hope he got well, since you reap what you sow. His kids, not a laughing matter. Maybe I've been out of touch but I have not seen them throw their hat in the ring and make a public spectacle of themselves (or himself, assuming he is an only child).

If a conservative uses this as a reason to make a jab, they are scum just as I would call a liberal scum for applauding an attack on a conservative's child. Leave the kids out of it. The kids only become fair game when they make the choice to become active in politics and put themselves out there as a target. Even if they do, I don't think physically attacking them is acceptable. I think most people of all political views think the same, even though there are the occasional nut jobs who think it's just hilarious, left or right. Pity.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,566,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
In another thread you talked about your "BASIC Christian views and principles." I guess this is one of them, huh?
Amazing, isn't it?

Old 12-20-2014, 10:15 PM

31,913 posts, read 14,909,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
I'm sorry, but this story did make me smile. I know it's wrong, but "The sins of the father" and all. Liberalism is coming home to roost in the mayor's own house!
You smile about a kid being mugged? I get you don't like his father or his politics but why would you pick on a kid and condone this. And what is with the sins of the father and all. Do we all have to pay for the sins of our parents. If that's the case everyone in this country would pay including you.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:41 PM

20,251 posts, read 19,824,138 times
This is the time for Rahm to re-enforce into young Emmanuel his position of White Privilege so he doesn't get any anti-social, thoughts and ideas.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:44 PM

72,846 posts, read 62,272,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I see how it goes.

Sarah Palin's kids: hands off, the poor angels! We don't care that they're adults who choose to stay in the limelight as they make trashy decisions. Stay away! Think of the children!

Rahm Emmanuel's kid: He deserved to get beat up because I don't like his dad. This news just makes my day. Who cares that he's 17? Did you miss the part where Rahm Emmanuel is his dad?

Oy vey.
What all of this shows is hypocrisy.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:47 PM

72,846 posts, read 62,272,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You smile about a kid being mugged? I get you don't like his father or his politics but why would you pick on a kid and condone this. And what is with the sins of the father and all. Do we all have to pay for the sins of our parents. If that's the case everyone in this country would pay including you.
People who think like that have a very vengeful attitude. Someone who believes in making someone suffer for "the sins of the father"does not have the courage to confront the person they are at odds with. It is easier to go after the kid than the adult, because going after the adult requires some honor, and courage. Going after a kid requires little more than cowardice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies