Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 01:44 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh...so at first you KNEW that i was embarrassed, but now embarrassing me is impossible? LMAO

You can't make up your mind.

I'm not gonna discuss my feelings about Al Sharpton. That's none of your concern. If i disliked him, i wouldn't tell you anyway.

And yeah...i cheer him on simply because folks like you hate him and can't really do a damn thing about it BUT hate!
If it is none of my business, then perhaps you should refrain from participating in a thread that deals with that subject.

I know it is embarrasing to have Sharpton for a leader. You deny he is that, but cannot bring yourself to even criticize him. Then you try to shrug your shoulders about the whole thing.

Talk about not making up your mind!

Old 12-22-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Don't let them put you on your heels by denying it. If they think the majority of blacks back them, fine with me.

They're just trying to get under our skins by getting us to put down other blacks for THEIR satisfaction. But i don't let 'em put me into that trap. I'm not putting down Sharpton for anybody and if i have a problem with him, i'll tell other blacks. That's it.

They're in no hurry to put down such racial pot stirring luminaries as Limbaugh, Nugent and O'Reilly.
How could the majority not back him?

Sharpton represents the Zeitgeist of Black America in the 21st Century. Whitey is always wrong and black folks are always getting the shaft.

White merchants in Harlem are "interlopers." White cops are not defending themselves but rather are assassins.

The majority of Blacks believe that. Sharpton is their Leader and Voice.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
What, that was me helping to torch Freddy's up in Harlem?

You got me! I confess. I did it.
I can not speak for him but d.d. doesn't support Sharpton for what he says or does and I doubt they pay attention to it. The only support is the part that annoys you.

It's kind of a Ann Coulter kind of thing. I find it funny also at how upset people get over her.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:57 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:

Sharpton represents the Zeitgeist of Black America in the 21st Century. Whitey is always wrong and black folks are always getting the shaft.

White merchants in Harlem are "interlopers." White cops are not defending themselves but rather are assassins.

Sharpton must be the leader........I see him with the mayor of NYC.......I see him with the POTUS.......he even visits the president at home.

Anytime a black person is kill by a cop lately........Sharpton is there.

Sharpton even went to see that the black ELOA victim was treated right.

What in the world would the poor blacks do without Sharpton?????

Old 12-22-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I can not speak for him but d.d. doesn't support Sharpton for what he says or does and I doubt they pay attention to it. The only support is the part that annoys you.

It's kind of a Ann Coulter kind of thing. I find it funny also at how upset people get over her.
I don't deny that supporting Sharpton annoys me. Supporting David Duke also annoys me.

However, the thread is about whether Rev Al is the Leader of Black America. The evidence clearly shows that he is just that.

Interesting is it not? Lots of people deny that on this thread. Yet not one of them will offer even a modicum of criticism.

Speaks volumes.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:04 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Sharpton must be the leader........I see him with the mayor of NYC.......I see him with the POTUS.......he even visits the president at home.

Anytime a black person is kill by a cop lately........Sharpton is there.

Sharpton even went to see that the black ELOA victim was treated right.

What in the world would the poor blacks do without Sharpton?????
And doesn't he have a show on Comedy Central ? Oh! Wait , I think it's MSNBC .

Old 12-22-2014, 02:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:

Zeitgeist? Now you're trying to use big words?

If we back him or not...it's none of your business.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Zeitgeist? Now you're trying to use big words?

If we back him or not...it's none of your business.
Don't be stupid. Of course it's my business. This is my country and yours. Everything that happens here concerns both of us.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:41 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Don't let them put you on your heels by denying it. If they think the majority of blacks back them, fine with me.

They're just trying to get under our skins by getting us to put down other blacks for THEIR satisfaction. But i don't let 'em put me into that trap. I'm not putting down Sharpton for anybody and if i have a problem with him, i'll tell other blacks. That's it.

They're in no hurry to put down such racial pot stirring luminaries as Limbaugh, Nugent and O'Reilly.
What was I denying?

I don't think we should have to explain ourselves. And especially with the likes of Limbaugh and Nugent, and Buchanan, I don't think we should have to prove ourselves, or explain ourselves. We should be able to decide for ourselves. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

Sadly, sometimes alot of this has to do with those who will try and lie, or go and twist things.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
If it is none of my business, then perhaps you should refrain from participating in a thread that deals with that subject.

I know it is embarrasing to have Sharpton for a leader. You deny he is that, but cannot bring yourself to even criticize him. Then you try to shrug your shoulders about the whole thing.

Talk about not making up your mind!
Oh, so now I'm embarrassed again. LMAO..

You can't make this up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies