Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2014, 02:51 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Sharpton is only a leader to those who follow him and look up to him. Most Black people aren't paying any attention to him. Actually, anyone with a rational thought process would understand that Al Sharpton is propped up by the media. Want to know who Blacks look up to? Ask Black people, not Al Sharpton, and not the media.
Who do you look up to and why?

And how can you speak for "most black people"?

I know you are black, but I'm white, and I'd never claim to speak for "most white people."

Old 12-25-2014, 02:53 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
Perhaps if more black people told Sharpton to sit down and shut up he would get the hint?
Then again, maybe not.
That just very well could be an exercise in futility.
After all, he is so used to being in the limelight that he probably CAN'T sit down and shut up!
He truly NEEDS his "fame fix".

Old 12-25-2014, 05:09 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You are not to say who the leader of the "Black community" is. You have no say. He is only the leader of the "Black community" if the vast majority of Blacks agree to it.

And furthermore, what is "Black community"? You act like Blacks are all on big monolith. There is more than one predominantly Black community and there are many segments of the Black population.

There are some Whites who are quite crazy. Pat Buchanan, David Duke to name a few.

And can you prove that Jackson, Farrakhan, and Sharpton have the majority of Blacks backing them?
Buchanan, duke and other nuts are rounding errors and whitey in general publicly denounce them. Buchanan has different beliefs and as you can see, we never voted him as president, did we? The difference however between your cast of fools and these clowns is that your're guys preach violence and agitate (dead cops? Reaaaallly? ) and our fools don't.

That, coupled with the fact that blacks in general may not agree with Sharpton and that black chick stirring protest crap up but, you suuuure don't denounce them publicly as they do your dirty work for you. Couple that with the fact that 95% of the black electorate voted for this president, twice, despite his obvious overtones and inconsisten treatment of all Americans.

Imagine if whites voted down color lines??????? You would never see a national politician of color for the rest of your lives. Now, who's the racist? The black electorate that voted 9 out of 10 for the weakest president that ever took office or Pat Buchanan who is merely an oddball who hurts no one and does not organize marches against black cops? Especially those that killed white citizens?

Wanna a serious discussion on race? Fess up to the inequities your side espouse while expecting full pardons for any criminal and violent acts. Take the recent rounds of BS your team has brought up. One kid was a thug who robbed a store and got killed when he attacked a cop. President and Eric Holder were front and center. Now, where are they for this Hispanic and Asian cop who were shot, and killed? Same for that idiot Travon who thought he had the right to attack a squirrelly kid following him. And now Eric, the man that had been arrested how many times? cops asked, nicely, to turn around and he resisted arrest and now it's our fault? If it happened again I would still be with the cops as all three of the decedent's made huge mistakes that cost them their lives. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Darwin comes to mind.

If you believe Sharpton is the fool we all know he is with a cloudy past, then say it. You can't defend this fool and the fact that your part of society let's him run amok proves my point. Even the President brought this number one douchebag on the payroll. Have you seen a white president bring David duke on the payroll?

Didn't think so.

Your collective actions speak louder than words. Let's get it all out there. From EBT card abuse to rampant violence and the money we spend sticking bandages on your thugs to save them daily when drug deals go bad. Look at Chicago? Your leaders, pick one, haven't done Shiite about the murders there. Why? Because that's blacks killing blacks and you won't even approach the subject. BroPro, like it never even happened. Right?

Start opening the next racial discussion with that and not what Howard University's chair d' anger figurehead has to say. Otherwise, we'll continue to be polite and just put you in auto ignore permanently. Until your crew starts publicly denouncing these idiots no one can take you seriously. Ever.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-25-2014 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 12-25-2014, 05:33 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post

I know you are black, but I'm white, and I'd never claim to speak for "most white people."
The problem is, a lot of people tend to assume that black people all have the same thought process...

Old 12-25-2014, 05:51 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
The problem is, a lot of people tend to assume that black people all have the same thought process...
How true. Are the protesters, who are perceived as anti police, representing your thoughts about police? Are anti-police rallies in your town?

Old 12-25-2014, 06:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Perhaps if more black people told Sharpton to sit down and shut up he would get the hint?
Then again, maybe not.
That just very well could be an exercise in futility.
After all, he is so used to being in the limelight that he probably CAN'T sit down and shut up!
He truly NEEDS his "fame fix".
Maybe we don't want to tell him to sit down and shut up.
Quote:

That's because you're too busy trying to speak for black people.

Old 12-25-2014, 06:20 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
How true. Are the protesters, who are perceived as anti police, representing your thoughts about police? Are anti-police rallies in your town?
No, but that's another thing I have a problem with.

These protests aren't all just "anti-police". Believe it or not, a lot of people, but blacks especially, just want to see police handle things better than they do. They want to see police officers stop being Judge, Jury, and (in some cases) Executioner.

Just to put things in perspective:
Last year, I worked with a white man in his 60s. Vietnam vet, Conservative, HATES Obama... but even he had issues with how police handled things. He was stopped by a cop who had the wrong car, a horrible attitude, called back-up even though he was calm with his hands on the wheel, and even threatened to shoot him. What made it worse was that she was the daughter of a well known, but fallen officer here in Fort Worth, so there was probably this sense of arrogance that she could do and say whatever just because of that and because she was wearing a badge and uniform.

It doesn't matter who you are or where you come from. It doesn't matter what your political beliefs are. It's OK to have a problem with law enforcement if said law enforcement oversteps its boundaries. And regardless of how you fell about the Mike Brown case, there's still a long history and deep seeded mistrust with police in many communities. Sadly, some people are "anti police". But for the most part, it's just wanting the police to be better than what they are, not just hating police officers. They're still human, but they get special privileges and have certain responsibilities and there just so happen to be a few bad cops who give every other officer a bad name and that mistrust that a lot of people have, just like with anyone else.

I guess I should ask, what do you think these protesters are all thinking? Because I see more than just other black faces there...

Old 12-25-2014, 06:39 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Maybe we don't want to tell him to sit down and shut up.

That's because you're too busy trying to speak for black people.
I never attempt to speak for black people. I absolutely focus on observable and documented behaviors and draw logical conclusions from what I see.

Old 12-25-2014, 06:41 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I should ask, what do you think these protesters are all thinking? Because I see more than just other black faces there...
Thank you for your answer. I am no longer living in Manhattan or I'd ask these anti-cop protesters myself as they walked past my former apartment yesterday.

I think the white faces and most of the other faces in the anti-cop protest are anarchists who hate our way of life, dumb, easily lead college students or communist hacks, just like the dummies and very entitled college students I met in the OWS movement when I talked to them at the OWS park.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 12-25-2014 at 07:00 PM..

Old 12-25-2014, 06:42 PM

73,006 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:

I can't speak for most Black people, but most of the Black people I'm around couldn't care less when it comes to Al Sharpton, and the poll provided shows most Blacks don't look to Al Sharpton.

Personally, I look to whomever has a message that will help me live a better life. And one question I've asked is this: Whatever happened to personal responsibility? I believe that I am responsible for whatever I do. If I screw up because of something I've done, I look to myself.

And maybe not "most White people", but I have heard you complain alot about Black people in general, and in one post, you made a comment about White people waking up, at least "some White people".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies