Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 03:21 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Are you trying to tell me the NYPD has only been around 150 years, or could he have been referring to another event and talking about something much larger than a death of a man at the hands of an NYPD officer?
He could have criticised the handling of the Garner incident without bringing up the history of racism in this country. All that did was fan the flames. A savvy politician of any stripe would have avoided that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 03:23 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Originally Posted by r small
I saw the speech he gave on CNN (or one of the news channels) talking about the Eric Garner incident. I clearly remember the phrase "150 years of racism". What could be inferred from that? Why would he go on about the history of racism in this country rather than excercise some political nimbleness and attempt to defuse a volatile situation?

Quote:
Are you trying to tell me the NYPD has only been around 150 years, or could he have been referring to another event and talking about something much larger than a death of a man at the hands of an NYPD officer?

This isn't the sixties! These people are trying to make ignorant people think they are still being repressed by the white man, and it's BS! The racism in this country is only in the minds of race industrialists like Sharpton. Hell, even Jesse Jackson said "I feel safer with a white man walking behind me, than a black man"

r small only typed what the man said! I know he (Di Blasio) is a progressive idle, but to deflect and defend every time one of these idiots opens their mouth (to see if the foot fits) to make corrosive and fomenting statements is getting to be absurd.

BTW, De Blasio made an absolute fool of himself at the conference today. Such a contradicting hypocrite! He blamed the press

As one poster said: "NYC is going to get exactly what they voted for" and I believe these idiots are going to escalate the rhetoric and the violence will follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
He could have criticised the handling of the Garner incident without bringing up the history of racism in this country. All that did was fan the flames. A savvy politician of any stripe would have avoided that.
DING DING DING

But, it is their agenda to bring back racial tension! They need it to survive.

Last edited by steven_h; 12-22-2014 at 03:35 PM..

Old 12-22-2014, 03:25 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They shouldn't be supported when they do wrong. That is the problem. No one should give them blanket support no matter what they do.

Yes Deblasio is incredibly hypocritical here and that is a valid complaint.
It is easy to be critical if you don't deal with
the people they do. I would not have the required patience for any amount of money. Would you?

Last edited by texan2yankee; 12-22-2014 at 03:34 PM..

Old 12-22-2014, 03:36 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Ah yes, cops were murdered because the mayor stated an obvious point that racism has always been an issue in this country.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Ah yes, cops were murdered because the mayor stated an obvious point that racism has always been an issue in this country.
No.

The cops, those fathers and husbands, were murdered for being police officers. Those people who chanted death to police are accountable, in my opinion.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 12-22-2014 at 04:01 PM..

Old 12-22-2014, 03:43 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Cops were murdered because obama, Holder, Sharpton and De Blasio all are promoting racial divide in this country and all four are cheering for a race war. They are completely responsible for this country's racial uprising, and they love it.. All four should be in jail for what they are doing to this country..

Old 12-22-2014, 03:52 PM

259 posts, read 178,827 times
Acknowledging the obvious impacts of racism on this country, (de jure racism was only abolished 40 years ago), is not equivalent with inciting a race war. Not praising white people when you so desire and command does not equal inciting a race war. The vast majority of people speaking about race wars are on the right of the political spectrum. The majority of which would be to scared to throw a raisin in a fruit fight.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
It is easy to be critical if you don't deal with
the people they do. I would not have the required patience for any amount of money. Would you?
It's possible I wouldn't so that would mean I wouldn't make a good officer. I believe I can safely say I wouldn't jump some guy for selling loose cigarette's though.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
No.

The cops, those fathers and husbands, were murdered for being police officers. Those people who chanted death to police are accountable, in my opinion.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

How many times have you seen that quote and did you condemn those who made it?

Old 12-22-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's possible I wouldn't so that would mean I wouldn't make a good officer. I believe I can safely say I wouldn't jump some guy for selling loose cigarette's though.
What about a Perp with 30 plus arrests...he ain't no virgin, knows how to surrender, knows his health history. I would be cooperative and I have never been arrested.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 12-22-2014 at 04:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies