Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 11:24 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,748,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Well, the 2nd Amendment doesn't really apply to Blacks because of white fear. Let a group of black men walk anywhere in America with guns strapped at their waist.

Yea, 2nd Amendment my ass.
LMAO, Like the kid that tried to shoot the cop with his own weapon then charged him in an attempt to get the weapon a second time.

An these fine examples of the human race..

Report: Protesters Yell at NYPD at Slain Officer Memorial - Breitbart

They are buying something they will not be able to pay for..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 12:11 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,897,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Demeanor is everything when other people are trying to figure out if you are a threat.
You could be the LEAST suspecting person on the planet and kill hundreds with a bomb.

The world isn't (no pun intended) as black and white as people think it is. We're not living in some kid's cartoon. The "good guys" and "bad guys" aren't easy to tell apart...

Old 12-23-2014, 12:31 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post

Report: Protesters Yell at NYPD at Slain Officer Memorial - Breitbart

They are buying something they will not be able to pay for..
That is true. The community, at this point, should stop people like this for the sake of the community. Yelling at those officers might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard, unless they are intentionally trying to start a war. I can't imagine that because it would be a war that they cannot win. The police are people too and trust me when I say that they have been pushed well passed their breaking point. If you aren't buying them a cup of coffee in NYC, even supporters should steer clear of working cops for the time being. They need their space.

I think that some people have depersonalized death due to the media, video games, etc, in general and thus can't empathize with the cops and how they are feeling in the full context of everything that has happened. Cops will feel the full impact of these deaths. This detachment (less politely: sociopathy) is a shame for those people who yell at them, as they are ruining police-community relations for a very long time. Possibly decades. The dead cops were peacefully doing their jobs for the community; Garner and Brown full participated in their own deaths, right or wrong.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:50 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Well, the 2nd Amendment doesn't really apply to Blacks because of white fear. Let a group of black men walk anywhere in America with guns strapped at their waist.

Yea, 2nd Amendment my ass.

White fear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvBQDHqdCck

This Tea Party crowd seems quite comfortable with this armed black man.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:05 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,237,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I agree.
Change the roles.

Open carry Austin, was a bunch of black guys, it would be the cuffs.
A few years back a bunch of black panthers walked down a major street in downtown Houston carrying rifles and there were no cuffs......and there would be no cuffs today...

Old 12-23-2014, 06:47 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Racism has declared WAR on Law Enforcement.
Perhaps you'd care to explain the racist aspect of the murder of a Pennsylvania State Trooper by a sniper?

Or maybe it's just a case of mental illness knowing no racial boundaries?

Old 12-23-2014, 06:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
A few years back a bunch of black panthers walked down a major street in downtown Houston carrying rifles and there were no cuffs......and there would be no cuffs today...

I had no idea there was a black panther sect, in Houston.
Good to know, Texas is open to civil unrest, with weapons as a deterrent to law enforcement.

Now if we could just get them to join, open carry Texas.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Perhaps you'd care to explain the racist aspect of the murder of a Pennsylvania State Trooper by a sniper?

Or maybe it's just a case of mental illness knowing no racial boundaries?
I was being more specific, than a one man war.
Damn, you are right. All Law enforcement has a target on their back from all angles.
I'd hate to be the bully cop, in todays atmosphere.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:05 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
I was being more specific, than a one man war.
Damn, you are right. All Law enforcement has a target on their back from all angles.
I'd hate to be the bully cop, in todays atmosphere.
I just saw a 22 year old white boy set multiple fires in a local community that killed two white people, First Degree Murder in NC. I just don't buy racism being the root cause of most of the senseless violence in the country, maybe an excuse but not the root cause.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:15 AM

29,464 posts, read 14,635,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You could be the LEAST suspecting person on the planet and kill hundreds with a bomb.

The world isn't (no pun intended) as black and white as people think it is. We're not living in some kid's cartoon. The "good guys" and "bad guys" aren't easy to tell apart...
That is why observation and situational awareness are key. Too many people walk around aimlessly believing they are safe with their heads buried in their iphones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies