Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 09:54 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,846,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
That's your assumption. Nothing of that was mentioned in the OP. How do you know it's not about gun violence?
LOL. Yeah, sure, it's all about gun violence. Every week it's all about gun violence, that apparently never takes place anywhere else in the country. Where are the weekly threads about gun violence in any other major city in the country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Don't be mad at me for your own paranoia.
Don't be mad at me for your own disingenuous statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 10:52 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,075,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obviously the weekend (like every weekend) body count is incorrect. Like every other liberal, you contend that murder rates are not higher among blacks than whites. Therefore some racist must be fudging the numbers and those people were not really killed or wounded.

You got all that from this?

This happens literally every weekend in Chicago (and in most major cities in the United States).

Is there a reason why this is thread worthy?

Wow.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:54 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,804,737 times
9 kids shot yesterday in Miami park while playing basketball by a drive by shooter.

9 shot at public park's basketball court in West Little River | News - Home

Old 12-23-2014, 10:58 AM

72,872 posts, read 62,340,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obviously the weekend (like every weekend) body count is incorrect. Like every other liberal, you contend that murder rates are not higher among blacks than whites. Therefore some racist must be fudging the numbers and those people were not really killed or wounded.
If you are going to make such broad sweeping statements about one person, at least back it up with some proof. I don't see any proof involved. Said person did not say "the Black murder rate isn't that high". Said person simply asked why anyone would consider this to be worthy of making a thread for.

If proof cannot be provided, then the statement in bold is a lie. And lies constitute dishonesty, which in turn, results in a loss of credibility.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
9 kids shot yesterday in Miami park while playing basketball by a drive by shooter.

Sad.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you are going to make such broad sweeping statements about one person, at least back it up with some proof. I don't see any proof involved. Said person did not say "the Black murder rate isn't that high". Said person simply asked why anyone would consider this to be worthy of making a thread for.

If proof cannot be provided, then the statement in bold is a lie. And lies constitute dishonesty, which in turn, results in a loss of credibility.
What credibility?

Old 12-23-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Only 3 killed?

That's a slow weekday night in the summer.
I guess even Hood Thugs need to take a break at Christmas.
Actually, Chicago's murder rate is projected to be around 16.6 murders per 100,000. There are so many other cities with higher murder rates. No mention of Philadelphia, New Orleans, or even St. Louis, until now. No one mentioned St. Louis until that stuff with Michael Brown came up.

Something else no one has thought about. Chicago logged 970 murders in 1974, and 943 murders in 1992.

In 2013, there were 441 murders. There are 2.7 million people in Chicago.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
What credibility?
Part of my point. I'm calling into account the credibility of said statements. If one is to make a statement that is very fallacious, then said person should be required to back it up with some proof.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:12 AM

998 posts, read 663,171 times
Why is it, when a young black male kills another black person, the apologists come out of the woodwork to brush it off? For the life of me, I can't understand why it only bothers them when the shooter is white. Don't black lives matter to these people?

Old 12-23-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post

Shooting in Indianapolis.

Police investigate three shootings that left two dead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies