Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 05:08 AM

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So if your caring didn't do squat, what's the difference between you and I?

You care, and did nothing about it. I don't care, and did nothing about it.

In the end, what's the difference?

Purportedly, he did. I wasn't there nor did i read his Twitter feed. I don't know if he did or not.

You respect me, but i'm flailing?

Maaaan....i'm gonna leave the first part of that sentence alone because i don't wanna get in more trouble with the Mods. But the flailing part?

Again, Conservatives were using any and every statement made by any random ISIS leader to make it out as if ISIS would be storming out shores any minute now if we didn't get over there and do something about it.

Well...where is ISIS at? I don't see them around here. They over at your place with a sword over your head?
Flailing!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 05:19 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times
Quote:
Doesn't seem as if that big bad boogeyman was all that bad, does it? 5 months ago, they were all the rage...the supposed new Islamic Empire coming to get us all.

And let's not forget for a minute how worked up and apoplectic many Americans were about ISIS..they were gonna conquer the whole Middle East if we didn't go over there and stop them. Then they'd turn their guns on the United States of America, storm our shores, rape and pillage all of our towns, and convert those of us that they didn't manage to decapitate into Muslims.

Guess not, huh?
I guess you just follow whatever the main stream media feeds you. If they say cops are racist then you believe them. If they stop covering ISIS then there is no more threat from ISIS. You do know that Obama put thousands of boots on the ground to defend against ISIS right? The media doesn't like that so they change the topic.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:20 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,187,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
musta missed all those kids being killed....

Don't worry...you have said before.....they've done noting to you...so why should you care?
Sure thing. "I'm alright, Jack!"

Old 12-23-2014, 05:36 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Flailing!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Sure thing. "I'm alright, Jack!"

Old 12-23-2014, 06:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
I thought that they were supposed to take over areas in the Middle East, build up a base and then coordinate attacks in other areas. I hope and pray that hey fail at it. Life would be wonderful if it was all smoke, mirrors and overblown talk in order to push for more money for defense.
Not for those on the receiving end of that so-called 'defense'.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:23 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Not sure why people are avoiding the question.

ISIS was supposed to take over the world 2 months ago. What happened?

Old 12-23-2014, 07:35 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Doesn't seem as if that big bad boogeyman was all that bad, does it? 5 months ago, they were all the rage...the supposed new Islamic Empire coming to get us all.

And let's not forget for a minute how worked up and apoplectic many Americans were about ISIS..they were gonna conquer the whole Middle East if we didn't go over there and stop them. Then they'd turn their guns on the United States of America, storm our shores, rape and pillage all of our towns, and convert those of us that they didn't manage to decapitate into Muslims.

Guess not, huh?
Seems like they have a foothold in Detroit. Or at the least have a large population waiting for the signal.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:41 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

Maybe they'll get attention after we stop Iran from getting the bomb which they've been 'months away' from for a number of years now.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:41 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

Except, just as the OP...you cannot prove your words with facts....just more flailing...

Old 12-23-2014, 08:24 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Sure the left had nothing to do with the "put the scare in the people"

NANCY PELOSI: It would be very important for the Democrats to retain control of the Senate. Civilization as we know it today would be in jeopardy if Republicans win the Senate.

MAHER: This and ISIS are threatening civilization. Oh, no.

PELOSI: Yeah, it is really important. But let's not put ourselves to the stipulation that we're not going to win the Senate. Let's instead work really hard. The fact is that it's all about turnout and many people want to support the Democrats. We just have to make sure that they turn out for the election.

Guess she didn't get her wish......ISIS didn't work let's go for Ferguson and on to the next town...... welcome mats are not needed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies