Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 08:47 PM

91 posts, read 50,977 times

Advertisements

For those of you claiming Kellerman backtracked: here's what I believe happened

1. The NRA's threats, harrasments, and maybe bribes even, caused him to try to hid the truth of his studies, knowing that if he didn't understate how dangerous guns were, the NRA would ruin his life with legal and social harrassment.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:47 PM

29,469 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggboxes View Post
Even the most gun loving person should probably see that letting anybody buy a gun online off here: ARMSLIST - Firearms Classifieds or here: Guns for Sale - Online Gun Auction - Buy Guns at GunBroker.com is an awful idea.

How in Allah's name can the federal government allow people to have guns sent to their homes withoutso much as a background check, or even a face to face contact between buyer and seller?

Everybody, from the most determined Mother who demands action, to the 50 gun arsenal owning... "enthusiast" for lack of a more polite term... should agree that this is a horrible idea.
You really shouldn't comment on things you have no clue on. If a vendor sold and shipped a firearm as you stated they both would become felons.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:48 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
Quote:
The kids at Sandy Hook didn;t get to choose whether Nancy Lanza owned guns or not
You won't even acknowledge all the times guns have saved lives in self defense use...... A lot more than sandy hook victims.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:51 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
Quote:
For those of you claiming Kellerman backtracked: here's what I believe happened

1. The NRA's threats, harrasments, and maybe bribes even, caused him to try to hid the truth of his studies, knowing that if he didn't understate how dangerous guns were, the NRA would ruin his life with legal and social harrassment.
Complete biased speculation with not a speck of proof.
How many other anti gun groups has the NRA ruined the lives of?

Old 12-22-2014, 08:54 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Even the most gun loving person should probably see that letting anybody buy a gun online off here is an awful idea.
Why is that? I have no problem with buying a gun on line and I'm not a gun lover.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:55 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Wait, I thought I could simply log onto Amazon and a few days later my fully auto US Spec Ops M4A1 assault rifle with RIS/RAS, grenade launcher and tactical holographic sight would show up on my doorstep on a box with a smile on it.
Why not?

Old 12-22-2014, 08:56 PM

7,357 posts, read 6,525,292 times
Quote:
I've worked as a social worker before. Most of these "criminals" only want some money for food or drugs, not to kill anyone, unless they have reason to fear for their lives.

As for Kellerman, I believe he bowed in to NRA scumbaggery. If he had more balls, he'd stand up for the truth of his studies, instead of trying to compromise
So where did you work as a social worker? Mayberry? I don't give a rat's backside what some dirtbag cries to his therapist after the fact, how do I, the victim know that when he points a gun at me he doesn't intend to use it to kill me? Or a knife? Or even his fists? You want a 90 year old grandmother at the mercy of even a 150lb 30 year old burglar?

How about you provide some evidence that NRA bullied him? You want everyone else to provide evidence, if you're talking the talk, you should be willing to walk the walk.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You really shouldn't comment on things you have no clue on. If a vendor sold and shipped a firearm as you stated they both would become felons.

There was a day, where you could have a rifle in any caliber or a handgun of any caliber made, shipped right to your door.

Sears & Robuck sold millions.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
You won't even acknowledge all the times guns have saved lives in self defense use...... A lot more than sandy hook victims.
No. They might have saved Tv's or wallets, but not lives. In fact, the self defense mentality might have cost lives, since as I say, criminals won;t hurt you until you give them reason to.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There was a day, where you could have a rifle in any caliber or a handgun of any caliber made, shipped right to your door.

Sears & Robuck sold millions.
That was the wild west, which was famous for its crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies