Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 08:19 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

Can you give us one person who has asked for it to stop for good. Union spokesman called for it to stop until the officers are buried! WTH is he thinking??? Why not calling it murder??
Halt protests until after police funerals, NY mayor says
Asked for what to stop for good, Protest ? why would they ask people to stop protesting ? And why would they call protesting, murder?

Your comment doesnt make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 12:30 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Conservatives and liberals in itself is a false equivalency. Conservatives are wrong 100% of the time. Liberals are wrong some of the time.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:34 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Hey, nice post and I agree with you here!

Not to spoil your post......did you hear the latest from Charlie Rangel? The word "cracker" he has informed us is a word of endearment who would have ever guessed this one.

The issue with those you mentioned, besides Palin they're like Rangel, one just needs to know how to read between the lines. They say things that can be taken either way the wind blows.

Can you give us one person who has asked for it to stop for good. Union spokesman called for it to stop until the officers are buried! WTH is he thinking??? Why not calling it murder??
On a side note, Rangel is an idiot, I am amazed that he still gets reelected and that no one has pushed him out yet in a primary or general election.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:39 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Liberal Democrats are crooked liars who support crooked lying politicians. Why would you expect any common sense from these morons?
Hold on a second there bucko...

We conservatives have our share of supporting liars. I give equal credit to GWB and Obama for being the tag team of rights suppression and Constitution demolishing.

Hypocrisy isn't lost on the right or left. Both parties have become two sides of the same coin, playing the middle. Lies are what get you elected, as Reagan once said.

The political class need to taken to the shed for an attitude adjustment. We can start by abolishing the 17th amendment.

RAND PAUL 2016

Old 12-23-2014, 12:59 PM

23,541 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Conservatives and liberals in itself is a false equivalency. Conservatives are wrong 100% of the time. Liberals are wrong some of the time.
Depends on who judges right and wrong.

I'd be leerly believing anyone who claimed 100 % in any statement, with few exceptions for the temp at which water freezes and so on.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:02 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Depends on who judges right and wrong.

I'd be leerly believing anyone who claimed 100 % in any statement, with few exceptions for the temp at which water freezes and so on.
Conservatives have been proven to be wrong on every social and policy issue since the advent of civilization.

Conservatives seek to conserve, regress, and stall new progress. That's the whole fricking point. Part of being a conservative is having amnesia. You must forget that you will always lose every argument eventually, but that doesn't matter. Beliefs are more important to you than results or history.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't recall Sharpton, Jackson, Obama, Holder, or de Blasio calling for people to take action by shooting an officer. With that said, yes, you are seeing conservatives do the same as what liberals did when Giffords was shot. Neither is right, and the answer is that this would be a sign of hypocrisy from both sides.

Palin wasn't responsible for Giffords being shot, nor should any blood be on Palin's hands. Now I am not a Palin fan, and I think she has done lots of stupid things, but I don't think she would ever call for anyone to be physically harmed and neither would Sharpton, Jackson, Obama, Holder, or de Blasio.
though we tend to disagree, a lot, you are one of the most well reasoned posters i have run across. and you are right both sides do practice hypocrisy regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I think a lot of this has to do with the conservatives embracing the gun culture. So when someone uses firearms for mass murder it is easy to put the blame on people who support the gun culture.

The libs should make a rule that all their mass murderers should be banned from using guns. These guys should lose their liberal card on principle. Use a gun to kill people? You were never a "true liberal" you see.

It's no different than when the conservatives take the shooter off of their 'responsible gun owner' list.
what about liberals who embrace the "gun culture"? you cant admonish one side with out admonishing the other as well, there are plenty of liberals that are gun owners, and they also support the second amendment. so before you blame conservatives for this "gun culture" you need to remember that plenty of liberals also support this "gun culture".

Old 12-23-2014, 01:26 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Hey, nice post and I agree with you here!

Not to spoil your post......did you hear the latest from Charlie Rangel? The word "cracker" he has informed us is a word of endearment who would have ever guessed this one.

The issue with those you mentioned, besides Palin they're like Rangel, one just needs to know how to read between the lines. They say things that can be taken either way the wind blows.

"The word "cracker" he has informed us is a word of endearment"

Kinda like "Redskin" is a white term of endearment towards Native Americans.........Right?

Old 12-23-2014, 02:25 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,660 times
These days the social conservatives of the 60s-80s have now migrated to the left, more accurately the far left.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:45 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Liberal Democrats are crooked liars who support crooked lying politicians. Why would you expect any common sense from these morons?

How many Democrat Presidents have had to resign? Let's include Vice Presidents as well. Bush/Cheney lied about Iraq. King of Pork Hal Rodgers irrc a Republican. We have a lot of common sense and we are not morons. A person can always tell who is losing the debate/argument/case by the person attacking the character of the other guy. Just as you are doing with your MORON statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies