Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 06:53 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Two things:

1. Why so many of the professionally made signs?

2. Don't you need a permit to march in the street in NYC?
Yes......and they do not have one.

They also do not have the right to block streets and bridges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The Problem is these protestors are disrupting business and every day people who just want to go to Market for a bottle of milk. This is out of control and Protestors must be kept with in the boundaries of the Law for everyone's protection.
If the mayor can not handle this I wonder if the governor could step in???

Old 12-24-2014, 06:59 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Protesters = animals, huh? You're a right-winger, yes?
If they are rioting, looting, destroying property and assaulting innocent people, yes they are animals. Actually that's an insult to animals-animals don't know any better. If they say hold a vigil in their own front yard, no, of course not.

I do have to wonder...why are liberals so willing to support and promote vicious criminals? And why do liberals show so little sympathy for the victims of these animals? Do they just relate more to violent thugs than they do to decent people that worked for a living?

Old 12-24-2014, 07:00 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Never fail to make the leap when you have no argument. There is no discussing things with someone like you.
Ah, the liberal slippery slope argument when used by the political opposition becomes a right wing nut job conspiracy.

Last edited by Kracer; 12-24-2014 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 12-24-2014, 07:03 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
If the mayor can not handle this I wonder if the governor could step in???
The governor is as much of a left-wing bed wetter as the mayor is. NY is a lost cause. They need to bring back Pataki and Guliani (sp?). But I don't see that happening-the state has gone in the toilet since the 90s.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Several activist groups seem to be involved.
They have a Facebook page, twitter account, etc.

It's now the "War on Black America" and they are fighting against oppression, poverty wages and a corrupt justice system.
Their pages say they represent all the minorities yet they call it a "War on Black America"

Seems pretty organized.

And DeBlasio is trying to play both sides of the fence..meet with the activists in the AM and then his police force in the afternoon.

Let's see how this Progressive calms down the masses without using the police.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The governor is as much of a left-wing bed wetter as the mayor is. NY is a lost cause. They need to bring back Pataki and Guliani (sp?). But I don't see that happening-the state has gone in the toilet since the 90s.
I guess that would not help then.

I am so glad I do not live near anything like NYC.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:08 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If they are rioting, looting, destroying property and assaulting innocent people, yes they are animals. Actually that's an insult to animals-animals don't know any better. If they say hold a vigil in their own front yard, no, of course not.

I do have to wonder...why are liberals so willing to support and promote vicious criminals? And why do liberals show so little sympathy for the victims of these animals? Do they just relate more to violent thugs than they do to decent people that worked for a living?
Understanding that the Constitution allows us to protest government actions does not equal supporting "vicious criminals".

Are you even a little embarrassed over making a claim like that? Even a little?

Old 12-24-2014, 07:12 AM

Here's one activist group's website..ROFL..has the same format that OccupyWallStreet had.

ANSWER Coalition Home

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.N.S.W.E.R.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Two things:

1. Why so many of the professionally made signs?

2. Don't you need a permit to march in the street in NYC?
Funny..those same exact professionally made signs are showing up in protests in cities all over the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies