Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 08:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is the same argument used for nearly every protest. The people really are pissed whether you believe it or not.
Maybe because these groups have organized all these protests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 08:16 AM

16,536 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Your right wing heading is wrong. They are anti-police brutality. Not anti-cop.
WRONG

The chants of the highlighted protests over the last week or so indicate clearly anti police sentiments, not just objections to police brutality.
I am not saying all protests are this way, but clearly many have been anti police and resulted in unlawful activity.
You do not need to be right or left wing to be able to see it.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
By 100x I assume you're referring to black on black homicide rates. But the majority of protesters I've seen in pics are white, I assume it's the OWS crowd.

OWS does have some money, IIRC they raised quite a bit via donations. That could explain the professionally made signs.
The ANSWER coalition made those signs, website, Facebook and twitter accounts.
They also did the OWS stuff as well.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:53 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
The fall in crime was a result of stop and frisk the criminals are fighting back with the same civil rights card while they burn Jessica chambers alive and hammer murder drivers in St. Louis
And chant hands off I'm an unarmed man
Boko haram has come here
Claiming they are Martin Luther king

Old 12-24-2014, 09:08 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,026,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
From what I gather it is a NYC police officer that made the connection.

Off duty, black cops in New York feel threat from fellow police | Reuters
First of all, the article starts off with an extremely biased and inaccurate statement..that Garner was "racially profiled"....he was not. He had dealt with the police on numerous occasions and had complaints from local businesses about his activities. He wasn't walking the street and then randomly accosted by cops. If anything the argument should be that his treatment was more severe because of his race.

After that the article actually starts resembling journalism. But as much as some people want to say that black crime statistics are skewed because of heavy police presence in black neighborhoods..are the cops ignoring shootings of white people by white people in white neighborhoods because they are racists? No.

The murder rate in black neighborhoods is no a fabrication of biased police departments. That's where you can't claim statistics are faked or biased. There IS a real problem with crime in black neighborhoods, and young black men DO commit more crimes than any other ethnic group..and therefore are suspects more often. If someone robs a liquor store, and that subject is a tall black man in his late 20's, the cops will stop and question more tall black men in their late 20's in the area. Chicken or egg?

Old 12-24-2014, 09:14 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,961,065 times
chucksnee"Even if that business, home and such have nothing to do with the protest?"

Yes. As others said, avoiding being inconvenienced is not a guaranteed right. One night, going home from work, a 15 minute ride took 45 minutes as the path went by a Tea Party rally. Should it have been disbanded so I'd have my normal commute?

Old 12-24-2014, 09:21 AM

16,536 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
chucksnee"Even if that business, home and such have nothing to do with the protest?"

Yes. As others said, avoiding being inconvenienced is not a guaranteed right. One night, going home from work, a 15 minute ride took 45 minutes as the path went by a Tea Party rally. Should it have been disbanded so I'd have my normal commute?

Are you saying a Tea Party rally intentionally blocked traffic or did some other unlawful thing that caused your delay

Old 12-24-2014, 09:24 AM

The very people that trained the police to be more like military and gave the police military equipment are the same ones decrying that the police have become militarized and now we have a problem.

I honestly don't know where this is leading or what the ultimate goal is but I sure wish I had a clue.

Why train and arm your local police to act as if they are storming the beach at Normandy and treat every citizen as a potential terrorist and then turn around and say we have a problem with our police force because they are militarized ?

Old 12-24-2014, 09:29 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,961,065 times
The location of the rally delayed me, Vector1, and though an inconvenience, I have no issue with any protest inconveniencing anyone.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The location of the rally delayed me, Vector1, and though an inconvenience, I have no issue with any protest inconveniencing anyone.
The issue arises when the peaceful protests are no longer peaceful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies