Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 06:10 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times

Advertisements

U.S. judge throws out Arizona sheriff's immigration suit against Obama

A federal judge on Tuesday threw out a lawsuit brought against Barack Obama by an Arizona police chief who called the U.S. president's sweeping immigration reforms unconstitutional, saying the plaintiff lacked legal standing in the case.

An Arizona federal judge in May 2013 ruled that deputies of Arpaio's office had racially profiled Latino drivers.

The judge ordered that race no longer be used as a factor in law enforcement decisions and appointed a court monitor to oversee Arpaio's operations.

I can't even remember the last time that a judge had enough sense to throw out a frivolous lawsuit,good for him! With all the asinine lawsuits filed anymore,throwing out cases should be an everyday thing!

As for this racist SCUMBAG sheriff,he should have lost his job long ago,he is a psycho nut job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 06:54 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post

A federal judge on Tuesday threw out a lawsuit brought against Barack Obama by an Arizona police chief who called the U.S. president's sweeping immigration reforms unconstitutional, saying the plaintiff lacked legal standing in the case.

An Arizona federal judge in May 2013 ruled that deputies of Arpaio's office had racially profiled Latino drivers.

The judge ordered that race no longer be used as a factor in law enforcement decisions and appointed a court monitor to oversee Arpaio's operations.

I can't even remember the last time that a judge had enough sense to throw out a frivolous lawsuit,good for him! With all the asinine lawsuits filed anymore,throwing out cases should be an everyday thing!

As for this racist SCUMBAG sheriff,he should have lost his job long ago,he is a psycho nut job!
Uh; how about charging ANY person who helps illegal aliens to STAY in the US? It's against Federal law to do just that but, this "POTUS" thinks he's above the law. Let's do that and THEN worry about Sheriff Joe over profiling. BTW: when Joe was young, he looked "Hispanic". lol

Old 12-24-2014, 07:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Crushing the sovereignty of the State of Arizona, further.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:07 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:

ANY US citizen should have legal standing to sue in this case. Every citizen is a potential victim of criminal aliens. Every TAXPAYER IS a victim of criminal aliens. And everyone displaced from a job by a criminal alien is a victim of them.

Once more we have an activist judge trying to make laws, rather than see that justice is served.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:09 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:

You found a ****ing IDIOT for a judge!!!!!!!

Old 12-24-2014, 07:12 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
OP I see you are in Ohio. Just wait till your schools are overrun with Illegal kids who speak no English and your car is hit by an Illegal with no insurance.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:15 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,495,359 times
Sheriff Joseph M. Arpaio does not have standing to sue President Obama; and his lawyer, Larry Klayman, knew it. There is no "citizenship" standing. Without standing, the court lacks subject matter jurisdiction, and the case must be dismissed and any appeal denied.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:40 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times
So we have yet another illegal alien butt-kisser.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:28 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,495,359 times
The case was dismissed for lack of subject matter jurisdiction because Sheriff Arpaio does not have standing to sue. Such actions only beg the question that standing exists independent of prudential rules that bar one from asserting the constitutional rights of others not before the court. Under the Constitution, the federal courts are prohibited from giving advisory opinions; there has to be an actual case or controversy involving a real party in interest with a justiciable claim ripe for adjudication, and not just some speculative, generalized interest of all citizens, even though the matter may touch on federal question or diversity jurisdiction. In this, standing is to be determined by the courts as an issue pertinent to subject matter jurisdiction. Congress has the authority to enact law conferring standing directly, subject to separation-of-powers limitations. See FEC v. Akins, 524 U.S. 11 (1998). That is not the case with the suit filed by Sheriff Arpaio. To put it simply: without a party with standing to sue, there is no case. The action has been dismissed; the appeal to the D.C. Court of Appeals will be denied; and the United States Supreme Court will deny certiorari. There will be the end of the matter.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:41 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,268 times
You mean, Finally a Judge I agree with!

I've lived in SoCal but I have no idea what its like in Arizorna (probably worse) so I have more than a midwestern flyover view of immigration. It's not what your white media overlords tell you it is. It's an actual problem.

But all you can do is yell "RACISM!!".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies