Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2014, 08:39 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times

Advertisements

From the video, it looks like the cop may have been setup for an ambush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 08:46 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Stop trying to tell the Black people's story. You are not making yourself out to be very smart.
Seriously? I'm just telling people what I saw. What I saw is what I saw. This has nothing to do with my intelligence. It has to do with things I saw when I lived in Detroit.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 12-25-2014 at 08:54 AM..

Old 12-25-2014, 08:51 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Seriously? I'm just telling people what I saw. What I saw is what I saw. This has nothing to do with my intelligence. It has to do with things I saw when I lived in Detroit.
Some people hate hearing the truth if it's bad and try to "shoot the messenger".

Old 12-25-2014, 08:53 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Meanwhile....

Old 12-25-2014, 08:56 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Some people hate hearing the truth if it's bad and try to "shoot the messenger".
The Bigger truth is the Black leadership have failed Black America and the continued out sourcing of American Industry, Most of us regulars, have posted this thread in one form or the other.

Its called the rust belt.

Just think if all of those Factories in St. Louis did not shut down?

This Youngman would of been a Apprentice program as a welder or pipefitter. This is more about economics, not racism.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:59 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Meanwhile....
Speed bumps! I would step on them if they were blocking my path. Blocking business and people daily life is wrong. Take it to your designated protest area.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Yeah. Not much of a rebuttal there.

I don't know what was worse. The "Oreo" crap or the fact the kids in the neighborhood used the N word like it was going out of style and they had to use it up. But just LET a white person say it and all hell breaks lose.

I've told this story before. Dss had a friend named Manny. Manny always called him "Whitey" and we didn't think much of it. One day Manny was on one side of the street and dss going the other way on the other side and Manny waved and said "Hey Whitey" as he always did. Dss waved back and made the mistake of saying "Hey Blackey". The next thing you know I had a lynch mob on my front lawn. Dss was never allowed to play with Manny again. That was a sad day as I had to explain to him that you have to watch what you say around black people. Up until that point I had raised him to treat all people the same. I've never understood the reaction to this. All he did is what Manny did. He just copied his friend.

People will never be equal when you have to alter your behavior to avoid blow ups like this. The boys were about 10 at the time.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:04 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Seriously? I'm just telling people what I saw. What I saw is what I saw. This has nothing to do with my intelligence. It has to do with things I saw when I lived in Detroit. One thing I did not see was successful black people staying in the city. After watching what the couple across the street went through I don't blame them one bit. I wouldn't have stayed either.

It was the kids who did the taunting but they had to have heard this somewhere.
I'm not discounting what you saw. To think that's why Black middle class don't stay in the hood is crazy. Why don't middle class whites live around poor whites? One could come up with the same story. Poor white conservatives have names for rich white liberals. It ain't pretty. Northern whites go through things with southern whites

When it comes down to it don't expect black middle class story to be the same. That's why I laugh when I read how whites tell the black experience. They just don't know. And guess what? You aren't expected to know. Some things you just have to accept you don't have the answer to. That's life.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The Bigger truth is the Black leadership have failed Black America and the continued out sourcing of American Industry, Most of us regulars, have posted this thread in one form or the other.

This Youngman would of been a Apprentice program as a welder or pipefitter. This is more about economics, not racism.

Unfortunately those jobs are gone and they are not coming back. Labor is cheaper in other countries and robots are cheaper here. People have to adapt to the times. Industry is not going to fix this and they don't owe it to the community to fix it. They didn't create the situation where consumers demand the cheapest product possible while workers demand the highest wages possible. Those two don't go together. If we want good paying jobs here we have to be willing to pay the price for goods made here instead of buying cheap chit made in China. Industry didn't do this. WE DID. Industry just responded to our demands for cheap goods and moved to where they could make them cheaper.

We are our own worst enemy here. We won't spend a dime more to keep jobs here.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:07 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post

Some of the Black leadership, if you can call them this. Have only stepped in to make matters much worse in a already tense situation. All the talk I have heard is negative in fashion.

And yes Black leadership for the most part, no matter who that leader is have failed Black America big time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies