Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 08:32 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Let the race baiting by the media and Obama, riots, and looting begin.

Of course it will be irrelevant if it's proven that the suspect had pointed a gun at the officer. It was a white cop and a black person shot and that's all they need to know.......

Police shoot black teen at Missouri gas station | Reuters
I'm pretty sure he's mother will be on tv saying how her son was an angel and would never hurt anybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 08:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Let's be honest. With so much history of police brutality and racial profiling, many people are going to wonder. There is alot of distrust going on.
obviously there is a lot of distrust, it doesn't take a brain child to know that: the fact still remains, draw a gun on a cop; get shot, get killed, white, black or red, it makes no difference. No one in his right mind could question what the cop did. We are not talking Stanton Island right now, or even what happened to Michael Brown, we are talking about a lethal weapon.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:35 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Prove that any of this would work. Prove it.

Last I checked, President Obama told Black men to pull their pants up and be fathers. The Black men who were being fathers and pulling their pants up in the first place don't need any convincing to do so. The Black men who sag their pants and run out of their responsibilities keep doing so despite a fellow Black man telling them to do the right thing. In short, there is nothing you can do to stop criminals of any race from getting a firearm. And criminals don't have to use firearms to kill. Bats, automobiles, molotov cocktails, kitchen knives, criminals of any race figure a way around things. Only thing it would do is start a mafia-like weapons trade. Don't believe me? Look at the drug trade.
It's the only way to save America's Black Sons and prevent the annihilation of the American Black.

Save a Black Son, take his gun.

Hands up, don't shoot.

Save a Black Son, take his gun.

Hands up, don't shoot.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:35 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
The Obama administration via Holder will get to the bottom of it, with Sharpton's guidance of course.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:36 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
My two questions are

1. Why was his body left laying there for hours?
It takes hours to process the crime scene and get the coroner out to get the body.

Could be he was dead when he hit the ground and no ambulance was needed. We can only speculate this point.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:40 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
The Obama administration via Holder will get to the bottom of it, with Sharpton's guidance of course.
I'm putting all my money on Black that they will.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:40 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Why didn't he just shoot the gun out of his hand?
Or shot him in the foot, or used pepper spray or tasered him.

Quote:
Belmar declined to release his name at the news conference but said he had a criminal record, with charges including three assaults, armed robbery, armed criminal action and multiple uses of weapons since he was 17.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:41 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I hope they don't run with this "teen" thing. He was 18.
Yes but he was just getting his life together

Old 12-24-2014, 08:41 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I hope they don't run with this "teen" thing. He was 18.
18 is in the teenage years, fyi.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:42 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I'm pretty sure he's mother will be on tv saying how her son was an angel and would never hurt anybody.
She's already said this:

"She said Martin was on his way to meet his girlfriend when the fatal encounter happened and that he was not carrying a gun. "He only just left the house to go see her," she said."

Fatal Cop Shooting of Teen in Berkeley, Missouri Sparks Clashes - NBC News

Maybe some parents should have a policy of stop, frisk, and follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies