Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 09:30 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
Prove to me that they weren't.
See, that's not how this "burden of proof" thing works. No one is obliged to disprove whatever silly notion may enter your mind.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:11 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Everyone in his administration is a quota appointment. In fact, everyone that's ever served in the inner circle of a presidential administration is a quota appointment.

You've gotta be rich and or well connected. If you don't meet that quota, you don't get in.

Obama's appointees are no exception.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:36 AM

215 posts, read 182,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
See, that's not how this "burden of proof" thing works. No one is obliged to disprove whatever silly notion may enter your mind.
By definition AA says: You're not as smart or gifted, therefore you will be selected even though you are not as qualified.

There's nothing to "prove". It's proven, by definition.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:56 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
By definition AA says: You're not as smart or gifted, therefore you will be selected even though you are not as qualified.

1.. No, AA doesn't state that

2. You haven't shown any evidence that these were AA picks. In fact what you have been shown is the background and experience for the individuals you complained about. You might personally like them or the job they have done, but based off the experience you can't make an argument that any of them were unqualified.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:57 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Seems like it's an incredibly appalling, sick agenda this guy has to make AA one of his foremost purposes.

Some very importantly high positions are now held because they were put there for no other reason than their race.

Eric Holder
Susan Rice
Sonia Sotomayor
Elena Kagan
Loretta Lynch
Vivek Murthy

And many more. I'm disgusted and appalled of my country; I will no longer fly the flag with any sort of pride whatever. It's no good as far as a country anymore. When people are put in their positions for the color of their skin, the country is in the trash can as far as I'm concerned.

Awww...poor widdle strormfronter.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:17 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:

That is what is meant by "silly notions".

First, you have made no case that any position in the Obama administration has been filled via affirmative action. That is your positive assertion, which means you have the burden of proof. (Insert "white man's burden" joke here.)

Then, your definition is of course one of your own making. The actual idea behind affirmative action was "discrimination and prejudice exists" - an assessment you're so far doing a very, very poor job of disproving.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Seems like it's an incredibly appalling, sick agenda this guy has to make AA one of his foremost purposes.

Some very importantly high positions are now held because they were put there for no other reason than their race.

Eric Holder
Susan Rice
Sonia Sotomayor
Elena Kagan
Loretta Lynch
Vivek Murthy

And many more. I'm disgusted and appalled of my country; I will no longer fly the flag with any sort of pride whatever. It's no good as far as a country anymore. When people are put in their positions for the color of their skin, the country is in the trash can as far as I'm concerned.

You should have stopped flying the flag back in '76. 1776.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies