Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: are chemtrail real?
yes 42 23.73%
no 120 67.80%
I don't know 9 5.08%
I don't wanna know 6 3.39%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 08:30 AM

23,802 posts, read 24,078,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The only additive approved for jet fuel is Prist; an anti-icing formula that prevents the suspended water in jet fuel from freezing. Since Lear Jets fly at altitudes of over 50000 ft, its mandatory to have the additive. Some fuel trucks have a valve that is engaged and Prist is added as fuel is pumped into the fuel tanks or its premixed at the refinery.
And the additive, which I'm assuming is a liquid, is formulated for that use and (obviously) doesn't affect the operation of the engines.

Imagine what a barrel or two of aluminum dust would do...

Old 12-30-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
wow thats sooo kewl... great way to get the word out!!! can you hook that up to a plane fly it in the sky..... wait a contrail would block its view....
Get the word out??

Before you got onto a soap box, wouldn't you want to have incontrovertible proof of the crimes against humanity that you're about to accuse thousands of people (or more) of? Wouldn't the money be better spent on getting your ass into a plane with an actual scientist or three to collect samples of these so-called "chemtrails"?

My God, people are stupid, and have absolutely no concept of the scientific method. Sure, just go on out there and start blabbing away with your insane accusations and zero proof, and by all means, ignore or reject those who are giving you a road map to actually proving, once and for all, whether or not your accusations have any merit.

I think that deep down inside, you know that you're full of crap, and that's why you reject the obvious next step. You and yours have identified a perceived problem. You've found each other online and have created some loosely organized groups of like-minded believers. The obvious next step is acquiring physical evidence to support your claims, and that's something that you and those like you FLATLY refuse to do. You don't do it because you know you're wrong. Your psyche won't allow you to do anything that might lead to the destruction of your fantasy, so you just reject it outright. How terribly sad for you.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
there are too many videos that it seems that the trails coms and go, and it seems that only some planes have them. while the others in the sky near them don't...
Your failure here is in your perspective - literally. The sky is a VERY big place, and two planes can LOOK like they're "near" each other and be many, many, many miles apart.

A simple example of what I'm talking about:

Is the plane about to crash into the moon? Why or why not?

As has already been explained, the air in the sky is not uniform in temperature or humidity. Pockets form and move around. Layers move around above and below each other. Anyone that's put in some miles on a motorcycle or in a convertible understands this concept. In the cases where the contrails are "turning on and off", it's a simple case of the plane moving through those varying conditions.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Cloud seeding Northern California.. good or bad for you?

Please read about my experience and local research

Make up your own minds

When you live in fbe largest water supply area for California one will be subject to extreme sources of management
Water... or in our case.. drought trumps everything else
Interesting you posted that. I came back to this thread just now because I found an article that is specifically about Shasta County:

New tests find trace or no aluminum in area water - News - Mount Shasta Herald - Mount Shasta, CA - Mount Shasta, CA

See what happens when you get real science involved? You get your kindergarten theory crushed.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,741,672 times
Adding powdered aluminum to the fuel of a jet engine would most likely increase the power until the resulting aluminum oxide either eroded, AlO3 is a common abrasive, or plugged, AlO3 can melt into a glass, stopped the engine. This happens naturally when airplanes fly into the ash clouds from volcanoes.

I have been watching the sky for several decades and have noted thet the number of contrails has increased along with more stratospheric air travel. this is to be expected. One of the things I have also noted is, under some conditions, contrails can act as condensation media and the contrail can initiate the coverage of the sky with cirrus clouds. That is fascinating to watch.

On the other hand chemtrails must be dosing the country with dumb down drugs considering the number of people that believe they exist.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
There isn't disagreement as to this happening
You have been reading through your own thread, haven't you?

Old 12-30-2014, 07:14 PM

In related news...

Quote:
The brain did not evolve to process information about industrial economies, terrorism or medicine, but about survival in the wild. This includes a tendency to assume that unseen predators are lurking or that coincidental events are somehow related. Conspiracy theories reflect how we intuitively understand our world and, ironically, provide emotional reassurance. They are stories with good and bad guys, conflict, resolution and other narrative elements that have a natural appeal. In short, to adherents, conspiracy theories feel like the truth.

It is this that makes them problematic. By crystallising intuitions into incontrovertible claims, they limit possibilities for public discourse.
(emphasis mine)

Interesting read.

Why are we so eager to embrace conspiracy theories? - opinion - 22 December 2014 - New Scientist

Old 12-30-2014, 10:22 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,535,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Interesting you posted that. I came back to this thread just now because I found an article that is specifically about Shasta County:

New tests find trace or no aluminum in area water - News - Mount Shasta Herald - Mount Shasta, CA - Mount Shasta, CA

See what happens when you get real science involved? You get your kindergarten theory crushed.
good artical.... esp... the first 2 lines...

"Recent testing of the water in and around the city of Mount Shasta by a group of local citizens claims to have found levels of aluminum that are a danger to health.
Independent testing of several area water sources and the city’s water supply have found either no aluminum or trace amounts."

By Paul Boerger
Posted Jun. 10, 2009 @ 12:01 am
Updated Jul 2, 2012 at 4:58 AM

Read more: New tests find trace or no aluminum in area water - News - Mount Shasta Herald - Mount Shasta, CA - Mount Shasta, CA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG_4uwFB5_Q#t=14

Old 12-30-2014, 10:26 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,535,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You have been reading through your own thread, haven't you?
NSA? FBI? CIA? you cop?

Old 12-31-2014, 01:19 AM

33,518 posts, read 37,111,020 times
I'm amazed that even two people believe in this stupidity, let alone over twenty....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.