Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: are chemtrail real?
yes 42 23.73%
no 120 67.80%
I don't know 9 5.08%
I don't wanna know 6 3.39%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 12:47 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
Is this what you call a persistan conrail.....
Yes.

Quote:
looks deliberate to me.... looks to be controlled.
Looks can be deceiving, especially when one doesn't understand what's happening. Do I need to make the unicorn reference again?

It used to be that people looked up at the night sky and saw things that didn't move in the same way as the other stars. Those people couldn't explain what those moving stars were, so they thought they were gods. Today, we call them planets.

Chemtrails is just the modern version of that style of religion. You see something in the sky that you don't immediately understand, so you make up (or find others that have made up) a fantastic and impossible story to explain the phenomenon. As time goes by and the true explanations for the phenomenon are brought to your attention, you flatly reject them, because they interfere with your new religion. No blasphemy will be tolerated, and if anyone attempts it, they're to be shut down and dismissed outright. Sound about right?

Old 01-19-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I missed one.... contrails???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91e_iFvJbbk
Yes. Very obviously, in fact.

Contrail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-19-2015, 01:08 PM

Side note: I've been wondering for a while if this thread is an example of Poe's Law. I haven't mentioned it because I'm having fun either way, but what do the other sane people think? Is the OP for real, or is he/she just having fun?

Old 01-19-2015, 02:04 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
So if I showed you a photo that appeared to show a unicorn, you'd believe in unicorns?
how does unicorns relate to what some people see on a dialy basis.....

If you show me that picture as well as a thousand people with sightings of it... I would say it could be plausible. you got one picture.... nope

Old 01-19-2015, 04:10 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
I believe in ghosts (sorta), UFO's, Bigfoot, and that Lee Harvey Oswald was a patsy for the CIA/Mafia.

But heck even I don't believe in chemtrails!

Old 01-19-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
how does unicorns relate to what some people see on a dialy basis.....

If you show me that picture as well as a thousand people with sightings of it... I would say it could be plausible. you got one picture.... nope
It's the same thing. Here, I'll explain.

You're seeing something all the time, but what you're claiming it is, is a fantastically elaborate fantasy. THAT is the unicorn - it's the thing which doesn't exist. If you believe in chemtrails, you may as well believe in unicorns, leprechauns and Santa Claus, too. Your acceptance that chemtrails are real demonstrates what you've set the bar at when it comes to evidence, and all of the above are in the same category.

Someone showed you a photo of something you'd seen and didn't understand, gave you an explanation that you, for whatever reason, determined was logical, and you just believed it, with no empirical evidence to back it up. This is what children do when their parents tell them about Santa Claus for the first time. They just accept it on pure faith, and because they want it to be true.

Or maybe they just know that there's a patent for a Santa Claus detector, and if there's a patent for it, then logically, one can reach no other conclusion than Santa Claus must be real. Right?

Old 01-20-2015, 12:06 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,017 times
Quote:
It's the same thing. Here, I'll explain.

You're seeing something all the time, but what you're claiming it is, is a fantastically elaborate fantasy. THAT is the unicorn - it's the thing which doesn't exist. If you believe in chemtrails, you may as well believe in unicorns, leprechauns and Santa Claus, too. Your acceptance that chemtrails are real demonstrates what you've set the bar at when it comes to evidence, and all of the above are in the same category.

Someone showed you a photo of something you'd seen and didn't understand, gave you an explanation that you, for whatever reason, determined was logical, and you just believed it, with no empirical evidence to back it up. This is what children do when their parents tell them about Santa Claus for the first time. They just accept it on pure faith, and because they want it to be true.

Or maybe they just know that there's a patent for a Santa Claus detector, and if there's a patent for it, then logically, one can reach no other conclusion than Santa Claus must be real. Right?
I like your persistence... but not in a contrail.... chemtrail yes I can see. its not a photo, I have seen it real live.

I can't believe a contrail would last for hours in the sky and stretch for miles on end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC1epPqqziE

Old 01-20-2015, 02:44 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
This lunacy still being perpetrated?

Old 01-20-2015, 03:21 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
they are con trails....not chem trails

any nut job can say chem trails.....anyone that does, or that listens to them should be put sent to an nut ward

Old 01-20-2015, 04:01 AM

698 posts, read 798,174 times
Quote:
When all else fails (and it HAS failed for you. badly.), claim that your opponent is a paid shill. That way, you can always feel good about your position, no matter how badly it has been decimated by logic, reason and reality.
Are you from San Francisco? You're awfully awfully dramatic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies