Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 11:03 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times

Advertisements

The key thing about Obamacare is that they finally got rid of that idiotic "pre-existing condition" baloney so that normal, hardworking entrepreneurial folks can finally buy insurance on the same basis as government and corporate employees.

I can't believe no politician has had the gumption to deal with this in the past. Who doesn't have a pre-existing condition?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 12:19 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Did you even read your own link that you put up?
Hahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You didnt at all respond to the question, we all knew the "facts" of who the uninsured were but we were told ACA would get rid of them.

Care to try again?
Oooops....

Obamacare is a freaking Greek Tragedy.

Reminds me of the Siege of Khe Sanh.

Platoon sergeant: Okay, men, today we get a change of underwear. Alright, Smith, you change with Wilson. Wilson you change with Jones. Jones, you change with...

They bankrupted the US to ensure 7 Million people, and then took away the insurance that 41 Million people had ---leaving them with no insurance --- to ensure a different group of 41 Million.

I thought Liberals banned Musical Chairs as being "unfair"....

Mircea

Old 12-28-2014, 01:13 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,778,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
For those who believed the GOP fantasy that Obamacare was going away, perhaps it is time to do some learning .......

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/26/yo...w-nytimes&_r=0
Nice quotes

But some taxpayers who are on the edge of losing premium subsidies may be able to reduce their incomes enough to qualify for the credits.

“This is the perfect time to look at their income,” Ms. Pickering added, “because they still have time to make a change.

If true why pay at all
The agency will not be permitted to resort to its usual collection tactics, such as using levies — like wage garnishment — or liens. It cannot criminally prosecute those who do not comply, either.

How will they no some people are self insured
this will simply mean checking a box on a tax return indicating they had insurance for the full year

Old 12-28-2014, 01:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
Nice quotes

But some taxpayers who are on the edge of losing premium subsidies may be able to reduce their incomes enough to qualify for the credits.
And of course if they reduce their incomes to qualify, we get lower GDP, we get lower taxes, we get more expense, higher deficits, more welfare etc..

Democratic sign of success..

i dont get it either..

Old 12-28-2014, 02:21 PM

255 posts, read 219,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Oh brother that is some logic you have there. Lets see, the IRS is collecting the penalty and that proves Obamacare is never going away Did you ever stop too think that the SC could squash the subsidies to states that did not set up a exchange. What would happen if in 2016 if the {R}s won the WH and held both houses? Good bye Obamacare.
You know that if they even entertain the idea, the liberal media will immediately get on their pulpit decrying the republicans as not caring about the poor by stealing their insurance.

This is my prophecy...BEHOLD!

Old 12-28-2014, 03:33 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLookout View Post
You know that if they even entertain the idea, the liberal media will immediately get on their pulpit decrying the republicans as not caring about the poor by stealing their insurance.

This is my prophecy...BEHOLD!
Of course the "liberal media" would never put forth a false narrative, would they?

Old 12-29-2014, 06:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You didnt at all respond to the question, we all knew the "facts" of who the uninsured were but we were told ACA would get rid of them.

Care to try again?
I read the ACA Law and listened to the HHS statements. Nowhere did I find any reference that this transition was going to be completed in 1 year. I do tend to look into the details of programs and Laws rather than listen to some nonsensical knee jerk reaction. But, that's me.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:00 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
I read the ACA Law and listened to the HHS statements. Nowhere did I find any reference that this transition was going to be completed in 1 year. I do tend to look into the details of programs and Laws rather than listen to some nonsensical knee jerk reaction. But, that's me.

Yet you posted this:

Quote:
For those who believed the GOP fantasy that Obamacare was going away, perhaps it is time to do some learning .......

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/26/your-money/affordable-care-acts-tax-effects-now-loom-for-filers.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0

And refuse to answer any questions....so there goes your "I do tend to look into the details of programs and Laws" BS....

Old 12-29-2014, 11:27 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Everyone at the same time: BS! You read the bill and yet the majority of lawyers can't even get through it.

What ever you are drinking you should keep it up. Reality would come as a total surprise to you and you could not take it.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:30 AM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
I do like it when Govt does act in all our best interests, instead of just the privileged few which is too often the case.
The government only acts on behalf of the "privileged few".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies