U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 12:11 AM

10,024 posts, read 10,513,987 times

Advertisements

A left wing American anything???? I think it's an oxymoron. I don't think such a creature exists. Obama who at times is called the leftist of the left, {A communist} in fact is WAY to the right of our very conservative Prime Minister Harper. The USA is so far to the right that the center is considered to be "Far left". Therefore, all political discussion in the US media has become irrelevant and meaningless. Whether it comes from Fox or from MSNBC it's all BLATHERING BLUNDER. It's no wonder that those Americans who watch the news have less knowledge of reality than those who watch no news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 01:58 PM

9,473 posts, read 5,875,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Want" has nothing to do with being inferior or superior.

You either are another`s equal or you are not.
Is an apple equal to an orange?

Men and women ARE different. They can never be the same - thus comparisons between them will ALWAYS have differences.

The question is: Do our laws treat men and women differently? If so, show us how. If not, there's no reason for this entire argument.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:34 PM

51,519 posts, read 41,514,781 times
So, is the whole purpose this thread to complain that FOX news hires pretty gals....and other stations don't?

Bizarre.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:39 PM

9,473 posts, read 5,875,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So, is the whole purpose this thread to complain that FOX news hires pretty gals....and other stations don't?

Bizarre.
LOL!

Roughly, yeah.

It's like ignoring the kings of gerrymandering (Democrats) while claiming the Republicans are immoral for gerrymandering - even though you almost can't find any evidence they are doing so.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:49 PM

4,724 posts, read 1,942,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I think you are an idiot, but, I would never say so out loud!
Such an idiot couldn't figure out that you live in or near Dodge City Kansas.
Did I touch a nerve in the heart of Tea Party America?
FOX News is owned by Rupert Murdoch. Murdoch owns newspapers and other media outlets on three continents. Besides making money from these ventures, his other agenda is to change the rules so that billionaires like him do anything they want.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:12 PM

Message to chronic65.
On thread What do Republicans need to do to not alienate people? (middle east, enemies) post 199 you stated "ignorance is bliss"

That says it all.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:33 AM

Quote:

Bizarre.
Not so bizarre. The main market for FOX news is young and middle aged men. What better way to hold and keep the attention of these men than to have two or three of these knockouts delivering Murdoch's propaganda message.

The local stations have women that are attractive but these women are stunners. This is a marketing tool.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:15 AM

71,591 posts, read 83,124,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Betty Friedan and Gloria Steinem had their day. Back in the sixties and seventies women were relegated to secretary and nursing jobs. Women still have some distance to go to break into the various engineering fields which includes computer science and wage parity in all fields.

What my question is here is; Are radical feminist agendas invented by the right wing media so that their target market the middle aged uneducated male has a scapegoat for disappearing jobs?

Also,

If these so called Feminazis do exist why aren't they screaming about the leggy blond Miss America candidates broadcasting the news on FOX?
That has to be one of the most biggoted post I have ever seen!!!!

Women have just about closed the salary gap if you consider the fields they have chosen and the number of years in a particular career. Many do take off to stay at home with kids for a few years, thus falling behind in the salary catagory. As for breaking into a field, it has nothing to do with equality. It has to do with the type of careers that attract certain people of one gender versus the other.

Now, your stupid statement about FOX contributors: yes, the women as well as the men, I might add are usually very nice looking, but do you have any idea the educational background of most of them? I can assure you, I am not uneducated but I am not nearly as educated as 90% of them. You might be, that I do not know: I doubt it..

No, none of this is a conspiracy as you would like to think.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:

Bizarre.
Attractive women who are highly educated as well. You forgot that part. I don't know what the OPs problem is, but he/she sure seems to have one.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Not so bizarre. The main market for FOX news is young and middle aged men. What better way to hold and keep the attention of these men than to have two or three of these knockouts delivering Murdoch's propaganda message.

The local stations have women that are attractive but these women are stunners. This is a marketing tool.
Based on the people I know that watch FOX, either you are totally wrong about the market or our friends and relatives are delighted you consider us middle age, but we are not excited that you think we are men. I have always heard FOX news is mainly viewed by older people. Maybe you know more than others abou this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies