U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-27-2014, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Proxima Centauri
3,755 posts, read 1,593,874 times
Reputation: 4147

Advertisements

Betty Friedan and Gloria Steinem had their day. Back in the sixties and seventies women were relegated to secretary and nursing jobs. Women still have some distance to go to break into the various engineering fields which includes computer science and wage parity in all fields.

What my question is here is; Are radical feminist agendas invented by the right wing media so that their target market the middle aged uneducated male has a scapegoat for disappearing jobs?

Also,

If these so called Feminazis do exist why aren't they screaming about the leggy blond Miss America candidates broadcasting the news on FOX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-27-2014, 08:13 AM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,253,072 times
Reputation: 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Betty Friedan and Gloria Steinem had their day. Back in the sixties and seventies women were relegated to secretary and nursing jobs. Women still have some distance to go to break into the various engineering fields which includes computer science and wage parity in all fields.

What my question is here is; Are radical feminist agendas invented by the right wing media so that their target market the middle aged uneducated male has a scapegoat for disappearing jobs?

Also,

If these so called Feminazis do exist why aren't they screaming about the leggy blond Miss America candidates broadcasting the news on FOX?
I am a female in a 99% male profession.

But, I am not radical......or, invented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2014, 08:26 AM
 
Location: Proxima Centauri
3,755 posts, read 1,593,874 times
Reputation: 4147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I am a female in a 99% male profession.

But, I am not radical......or, invented.
So, what are your thoughts on what I believe to be FOX news marketing tactics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2014, 08:38 AM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,253,072 times
Reputation: 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
So, what are your thoughts on what I believe to be FOX news marketing tactics?
I use my looks to get jobs.

I work outside......in the heat......I wear short shorts and tank tops......many times wet.

So, if Fox hires good looking EDUCATED females......that is OK with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2014, 08:43 AM
 
13,496 posts, read 13,975,028 times
Reputation: 11119
there really are no "radical feminists" just women working to get equality. just where are the radical fems? do they march in the streets? picket? riot? stomp their feet? no. the only real organization for women and equality is NOW and they just go about their business trying to make folks aware of the problems facing women of the world and try to solve the problems. the radical feminist are mostly made up in the minds of men who don't want women to be on equal footing as men. if the shoe fits.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2014, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Proxima Centauri
3,755 posts, read 1,593,874 times
Reputation: 4147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I use my looks to get jobs.

I work outside......in the heat......I wear short shorts and tank tops......many times wet.

So, if Fox hires good looking EDUCATED females......that is OK with me.
Understood.
Any one else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2014, 08:50 AM
 
9,473 posts, read 5,654,834 times
Reputation: 2161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
So, what are your thoughts on what I believe to be FOX news marketing tactics?
You don't know marketing from delirium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2014, 09:18 AM
 
Location: WY
4,910 posts, read 3,487,547 times
Reputation: 5385
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
there really are no "radical feminists" just women working to get equality. just where are the radical fems? do they march in the streets? picket? riot? stomp their feet? no. the only real organization for women and equality is NOW and they just go about their business trying to make folks aware of the problems facing women of the world and try to solve the problems. the radical feminist are mostly made up in the minds of men who don't want women to be on equal footing as men. if the shoe fits.....
No. They make themselves look like idiots. They wear vagina and breast costumes outside the GOP national convention. They wear tampons as ear-rings. They are quiet when an abortion doctor keeps baby parts in jars in his office, when it comes out that some abortion clinics use unqualified personnel to give anethesia and when information is provided that there is little state oversight into the safe practices of abortion clinics. They are silent when a university "uninvites" a muslim woman who has personally experienced unimaginable torture and speaks out against muslim practices used against women. They are silent when a previous female Secretary of State is "uninvited" to speak at a university commencement but which then invites Snookie to speak. They whine that as college students they can't afford birth control so they want you and me to pay for it. They are silent about the alarming rise in single motherhood (and the almost guaranteed poverty that comes with that choice). Their female "womens' studies" professors steal anti-abortion signs from students on their campuses, and they are silent when female progressive students tell other students to stay away from conservative female student booths at on-campus womens' functions. They are silent when the administration declares that there is a "war on women" in this country, when there is a real war on women taking place in muslim dominated countries all over the world. They leave threatening notes outside of (and throw eggs at) the dorm room door of a conservative muslim student in Michigan because they do not like what he wrote in the college newspaper.

I could give more examples but you get the idea. NOW and other agenda driven womens' groups sold their soul to Washington decades ago.

Look - I am a woman and I know first hand that women experience many challenges in life, and that some of those challenges are society created. But to say that there are no radical feminists and that women are just "working to get equality" is disingenuous. So was the comment about men not wanting women on equal footing (which was the real point of your post). You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it. So get real, or stupid posts like the one I quoted above will receive the dismissive trashing that they deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2014, 09:23 AM
 
Location: WY
4,910 posts, read 3,487,547 times
Reputation: 5385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
So, what are your thoughts on what I believe to be FOX news marketing tactics?
My thought is that people would rather get their news from good looking people than from ugly people. Just like they'd rather watch movies with good looking people and watch music videos featuring good looking people. Just like they'd rather vote for good looking people.

Move it along. Nothing to see here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2014, 09:26 AM
 
9,473 posts, read 5,654,834 times
Reputation: 2161
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
there really are no "radical feminists" just women working to get equality. just where are the radical fems? do they march in the streets? picket? riot? stomp their feet? no. the only real organization for women and equality is NOW and they just go about their business trying to make folks aware of the problems facing women of the world and try to solve the problems. the radical feminist are mostly made up in the minds of men who don't want women to be on equal footing as men. if the shoe fits.....
No, there are radical feminists, full of hate, venom, anger, and prejudice. They lead the movement into its current state of sheer insanity.

Those who are "working for equality" are fans of Sarah Palin.

The rest are radicals filled with hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top