Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 07:14 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sounds about right, it is much easier for right wingers to deflect than it is to answer an actual question.
We can answer it just fine, but you cop hating leftists will never understand it because you don't share our values, which include respecting and honoring people who risk their lives by serving in uniform.

Your heroes are people brave enough to publicly announce who they like to sleep with, stand in front of bulldozers in Israel to win Darwin awards, and politicians who can't say the word "corpsman." You and I have nothing in common so you will never get it. You weren't lucky enough to be raised with the values instilled in me by my formerly Democrat parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 07:17 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The NYPD union has always been militant, and their sheep (who wear the uniforms) follow along blindly. Lynch was backing the cops executing Louima, 41 shots at an unarmed guy in a vestibule, and this "We never do nothing wrong" guy was blindly back the cops in that case, too.

The public servants in blue became the public masters, and too many of the public blindly are fine with that.
When Giuliani was mayor the union also published a letter banning him from any police funerals.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:18 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,008 times
MJJersey, Crime dropped EVERYWHERE, as 18-30 male (any race) dropped as % of total population.

When stop and frisk ended this year, NYC crime dropped..AFTER that point, too.

NYC is on track for its lowest murder total in decades, far lower per capita than most other US cities all over the nation.
NYC was data-mining, and I do think Bratton built a "phony rep" largely based on knowing simple demographics would lower the crime rate..concurrent to his reign, and he just rode the wave.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:22 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Stop and frisk was implemented in the late 70s when the city was a crime-infested war zone and crime has plummeted since then. I'm not saying that stop and frisk was the main reason but it likely contributed. We will never know if it would have stopped this guy. As for the police killing Gardner, that's just not true. He died while resisting arrest. The cop should not have used a horse tackle, that's a disciplinary issue.
It once was stop and question, the frisk part was added in the 90's and has produced weak results, but has done a great job racial profiling people.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:24 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
If I told my son to be wary of black people what would that make me?
A parent.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:58 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Like many parents of black kids, he gave his kid 'the talk' about how bad police are instead of teaching him about statistics. probability and common sense.

my grandson is also bi racial but he is taught NOT to fear police
but if ever told something by one of them he is to listen and comply

what this jerk implied is he fears the NYPD
because they are racist
hell I support them turning their backs
the family has had nothing but grace and class
UNLIKE the frigging family of the thug in Ferguson
if that had been my husband I would not have wanted him there at all
I would have had Rudy speak
he respected the police

Old 12-27-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
It once was stop and question, the frisk part was added in the 90's and has produced weak results, but has done a great job racial profiling people.

that is bull
NY is one of the safest cities in the world
well it was

Old 12-27-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
When Giuliani was mayor the union also published a letter banning him from any police funerals.

prove it

Old 12-27-2014, 08:01 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
A parent.
Guess I was not a parent then, not a racist one anyways.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:07 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,189 times
His son and wife are black. This type of racial fiasco literally hits home for the man.

De Blasio made a pretty basic comment - black youth, specifically black males, are treated differently by the police and thus tend to have a different perspective on law enforcement when compared to white people. This is not an opinion..

If I want something from CVS I'll go after work, in my work clothes, because I don't feel like dealing with the stares of people when my black ass walks into the store dressed casually. I know there are plenty of police who would have no interest in talking with me and would automatically view me as a potential problem, from the get-go. Yet there are far right conservatives who refuse to acknowledge this, all while essentially advocating for profiling ("they commit way more crime than anyone else, of course police stop them more").
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies