Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 09:35 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,614,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Sure.

Trust me.......I would find a way to be of value to them.......and get some of that wealth.
I admire your confidence, but 300 people only need so much. Statistically speaking, it's pretty unlikely you'd be one of the very very few who'd be of use. It'd be far better for you and everyone else if 100,000,000 people controlled most of the wealth. 100,000,000 million people are going to need a lot more goods and services.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:36 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,276,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
I did not say they were beyond help. My QUESTION was how to make them want to be motivated!!! How is that interpreted as "these people suck"....Quit putting words in my mouth, I am trying to find a solution.
You might be wasting your time try to find a way to motivate......people want quick and easy answers......and that is rarely going to happen.

That is why people fall for "get rich quick" scams.......buy lotto tickets and gamble.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I admire your confidence, but 300 people only need so much. Statistically speaking, it's pretty unlikely you'd be one of the very very few who'd be of use. It'd be far better for you and everyone else if 100,000,000 people controlled most of the wealth. 100,000,000 million people are going to need a lot more goods and services.
When I looked for a business.......I choose water.

Can you think of anything people need more???

Old 12-29-2014, 09:39 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,284,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
I did not say they were beyond help. My QUESTION was how to make them want to be motivated!!! How is that interpreted as "these people suck"....Quit putting words in my mouth, I am trying to find a solution.
This is why conservatives don't make sense.

Calling people unmotivated is just another made up irrational reasoning to explain massive wealth and income inequality that impacts 100's if millions of people.

It is just another version of those people suck and can't be helped, after all they are unmotivated screw them.

Again, it's the same old same old from conservatives, societal problems are laid at the feet of some crappy group of people who don't deserve any help, heck are beyond help and who deserve their fate because they suck or are unmotivated or lazy, or immoral or blah ,blah, and all these nonsense characterizations come out of make believe and pretend invented by conservatives to justify.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:42 AM

87 posts, read 84,094 times
Wealth inequality is just the PC way of saying that a person who has worked all his/her life to achieve what they've got, should now give it to the people who didn't work for it. This is a very upsetting subject for me because of the State I live in. We are not well off by any means but we've worked so hard for what we've got and I hate it that we have to pay so much taxes. Especially property taxes. The biggest portion of the property taxes is the School tax which really doesn't get spent for the betterment of the children's education but goes to pay unreasonable pensions for Admins and Teachers. A guy I work with his wife is a teacher and he always tells us that when his wife retires she will get 80k a year in retirement. Now isn't that a bit ridiculous! Few professional people ever make that kind of yearly pay working full time. In this State you are taxed even after you're dead!

Old 12-29-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
When I looked for a business.......I choose water.

Can you think of anything people need more???
Water is great. How much water can 300 people really need though? I'm sure more than a few of the other 299,999,700 who had no wealth would fight to supply it too. You'd be a lot better off if hundreds of millions - rather than just hundreds - had sufficient wealth to vie for your goods and services.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:46 AM

37,768 posts, read 40,902,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
There's no doubt that inequality is a reality in this country. Are conservatives concerned about it?
I don't base my own happiness on what other people have. I don't see how someone else being rich is something I need to be concerned about. If I need to earn more money then it's me and my earning power I need to address, not someone else's wealth.

When voting for the next President, Income Inequality is not only NOT in my Top 10 Issues list, I don't even think it's a real issue. I do feel sorry for other people who think they'll be better off in life if someone else would only have less anything.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Water is great. How much water can 300 people really need though? I'm sure more than a few of the other 299,999,700 who had no wealth would fight to supply it too. You'd be a lot better off if hundreds of millions - rather than just hundreds - had sufficient wealth to vie for your goods and services.
I am not selling water......I drill water wells.

It only takes a few a year........they are pricy.

Anyway.....some how I would find a way to make the 300 want to pay me.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:53 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,690,103 times
Quote:
Is it safe to assume that if 300 people controlled all the wealth of the US that'd be just fine by you?
No.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't base my own happiness on what other people have. I don't see how someone else being rich is something I need to be concerned about. If I need to earn more money then it's me and my earning power I need to address, not someone else's wealth.

When voting for the next President, Income Inequality is not only NOT in my Top 10 Issues list, I don't even think it's a real issue. I do feel sorry for other people who think they'll be better off in life if someone else would only have less anything.
Laura, I make plenty of money to provide for my needs. I hope I always will. Wealth and income inequality is a concern for me - not because I'm envious or covet what others have. I'm not and I don't. I just understand a healthy economy is one where wealth and access to wealth is distributed widely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.