Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 12:26 AM

543 posts, read 999,340 times

Advertisements

I'd call myself republican if the modern republicans were more like Teddy Roosevelt or Ike, which were the best republicans in the 20th century. I could never consider myself democrat due to all the atrocities committed by them.

Because of that, I am not affiliated with any party and vote solely on merits and ideology and not on partisan affiliation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 12:37 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
I'm a Democrat because I can do math and am not driven by a personal dislike of various groups of people.

Occasionally a Republican appears who doesn't run on a platform of divisiveness and does appear to have been able to pass junior high math, and I vote for them.

I honestly don't see how anyone who actually has even a basic grasp of history and mathematics could consistently vote Republican.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:44 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
Anyone who believes that either party is an improvement over the other is living in an altered universe. They are all corrupt and they no longer hide it. It isn't even a question of voting for the lesser of two evils anymore. You could put them all in a box, shake it up and dump them out and you would never be able to distinguish one from the other.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:47 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
I'd call myself republican if the modern republicans were more like Teddy Roosevelt or Ike, which were the best republicans in the 20th century. I could never consider myself democrat due to all the atrocities committed by them. ..........
There is no atrocity in this Country that was not supported by both parties, if thats the reason you dont call yourself a Democrat, then it is based on a falsehood.

And even if you dont accept that fact, then you are still committing a fallacy, like saying you wouldnt attend any college that was once segregated, or live in a state that once practiced eugenics.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:34 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
None of them are very good, but the Republicans represent everything I despise.
Yeah, I identify as. ( D ) because it represents the lesser of two evils usually.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:37 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Yeah, I identify as. ( D ) because it represents the lesser of two evils usually.
Two sides of the same coin today.. We actually only have a one party system today... Neither is better or worse than the other. How do you like your poison, chilled or on the rocks?

Old 12-29-2014, 02:48 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Two sides of the same coin today.. We actually only have a one party system today... Neither is better or worse than the other. How do you like your poison, chilled or on the rocks?
I wish I could disagree, but I can't. It comes down to this : The. (R ) party seems to be on the side of telling me that I can't have an early term abortion, even if I can't afford a baby, and birth control failed. My beautiful gay friends ( I have two or three) can't marry their long term partners, and young people need to go to jail for smoking a plant.

I don't do any of those things, but as a Nevada resident, I have a strong social Libertarian streak and the Dems don't seem to want to encroach on civil liberties as much as the modern day (R ) party does .

Old 12-29-2014, 05:04 AM

543 posts, read 999,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There is no atrocity in this Country that was not supported by both parties, if thats the reason you dont call yourself a Democrat, then it is based on a falsehood.

And even if you dont accept that fact, then you are still committing a fallacy, like saying you wouldnt attend any college that was once segregated, or live in a state that once practiced eugenics.
I attended a college that was never segregated, for starters.

I, sadly, lived in the place with the longest lasting eugenics program...that resulted in utter failure. That eugenics program was started...during a democrat administration!

Old 12-31-2014, 09:44 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
I attended a college that was never segregated, for starters.

I, sadly, lived in the place with the longest lasting eugenics program...that resulted in utter failure. That eugenics program was started...during a democrat administration!
You are again proving my point, none of those programs were one sided, both parties approved at the time, blaming Democrats or saying you wouldnt be a democrat because of it is moronic because republicans supported it too.

Old 12-31-2014, 09:50 AM

65 posts, read 73,255 times
It's all about who is the lesser of the two evils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies