Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 04:03 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Yes, lets please get back on topic and figure out what motivates a person to get off the welfare dole....For anyone who has been there, what thinking was involved in making the transition from taking to giving back to society?....
After some self-examination I must admit that I am angry at welfare recipients who stay stuck in the system & not try to better themselves....I am angry because I worked very hard to make the money to pay the taxes that go into their check that they are able to squander on nonessentials...It may boil down to helping the economy because of their buying power but if I, (we) are footing the bill shouldn't we have a say how that money is spent? Wouldn't be a motivator for them to have items that are not able to be purchased with money they did not earn?
I have felt that way for a long time.

So.....I protect myself from paying income tax........very legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 06:15 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
That rich mom who buys houses...yeah, consider all the people that get paid when real estate changes hands, including Leviathan. That rich mom buys a $1 million home, and one or two real estate agents just made a few months salary. Inspections, contractors, skilled trades, etc setting up the new house for new rich person occupant/owner?

It might annoy you how they spend their money, but they're spending it, putting money into circulation, supporting industries and jobs, etc. You may not like those particular industries, but the folks who work in them and depend on them for their livelihoods love people like these rich folks you seem to hate with all your manufactured jealousy.

I always marvel at
the twisted hate that is borne of coveting and envy.
Exactly. It takes a special kind of stupid to wallow in such self-destructive envy and hate. They'd rather all those people lose their jobs and/or not be able to earn a living than have a person with the means to do so be able to buy and fix up a $1 million home.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:01 AM

13,940 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
So.....I protect myself from paying income tax........very legally.
As well you should. If the rule exists to let you keep more of your income, and all that is required is simply knowing about the rule, well good for you for knowing and invoking that rule.

I love when people call tax reduction mechanisms "loopholes" or "avoidance." They aren't loopholes, they are rules within the tax law. They aren't avoidance either, because the law says if you meet the criteria, you either pay a lower tax or none at all for that rule. Again, bravo zulu to you for knowing the rules and properly applying them to your financial advantage. Would that every taxpayer were as knowledgeable.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:57 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
^^^ would that the the tax code weren't so complicated.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:09 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,272,347 times
Quote:
I have more faith in people than you.

They won't die.

They might get hungry......

And that is the perfect motivator.

BTW......I am not talking about the disabled.
Unless they are not smart enough or have money to do better then they will either steal or die in the street but I guess that is okay to the selfish Republicans because they "deserve" it.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:51 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Unless they are not smart enough or have money to do better then they will either steal or die in the street but I guess that is okay to the selfish Republicans because they "deserve" it.
If they are truly not smart enough......that would make them disabled.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:27 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Jacking up the costs of worthless educations, shipping jobs overseas, rewarding destructive behavior, forcing people to work for a salary that can barely cover rent, promoting entitlement, hedonism and distraction while providing precarious job prospects is not the way to build a prosperous, successful society... and yet that is the essence of capitalist consumer culture.

But of course, if wealthy America is to maintain its current standard of living, it needs to have the majority of people slaving away at the bottom, permanently unable to ever reach the top. The system WANTS people to be hopeless, degraded subhumans who cannot motivate themselves to do any better... if everyone was doing better for themselves, then the current system would collapse.
I think if I had your attitude I would have given up decades ago.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I have more faith in people than you.

They won't die.

They might get hungry......

And that is the perfect motivator.

BTW......I am not talking about the disabled.
Hunger motivated me 40+ years ago. It proved to be all the motivation I needed.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
If they are that stupid they should be cared for by the thousands of charities supported by those evil rich people you hate.

If they are not stupid and not disabled, they will find a way to earn enough money to support themselves.

It really is that simple.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:01 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
So everyone who is rich is perfect and good and poor people deserve to die.
You missed the entire point. When it's easier to take hand outs and the hand outs exceed the value of starting out people will almost always take the hand out. Dependence!

This can clearly be seen by the number of voters that vote based on what a person running for office promises to give them. Example, Obama voters.

Obama gonna pay my mortgage my gas...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies