Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 01:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Sad that apparently your real life experience has made you feel that way.
Made me feel what way?

My "real life" has been pretty good. Hell, pretty good is an understatement. It's been fantastic in the real sense of the word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 01:58 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I like the way the good reverend gets the closet racists all lathered up and foaming at the mouth.

Makes them a little more obvious.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that Sharpton is the biggest racist in this conversation.....

Old 12-30-2014, 02:02 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Made me feel what way?

My "real life" has been pretty good. Hell, pretty good is an understatement. It's been fantastic in the real sense of the word.
Pardon me then but your previous post seemed to imply that you believe white people seem to expect blacks to "shut up and show our teeth"? Sounds like you have had more than your fair share of exposure to racism.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:02 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
He's a has-been activist with a cable news show. That's about it.
Sharpton a has-been ? After 40+ years as a civil rights activist, Sharpton's at the peak of his influence.

Last edited by jazzarama; 12-30-2014 at 02:12 PM..

Old 12-30-2014, 02:03 PM

963 posts, read 689,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep...I'm not gonna denounce him either. That's what they want us to do.

For all they know, maybe I hate Sharpton. But ain't gonna say it here regardless.

Right. Wow. There's nothing else to say.

Of course you won't . I'm not going to read the entire thread but has ANY black here denounced him or is blood thicker than common sense? I know ONE at another forum who puts right and wrong ahead of skin color. I know one opinionatedblack man here I don't much agree with but I believe he's an honest man.

Last edited by carlbenator; 12-30-2014 at 02:18 PM..

Old 12-30-2014, 02:08 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Of course you won't . I'm not going to read the entire thread but has ANY black here dwnounced him or is blood tgicker than common sense? I know ONE at another forum who puts right and wrong ahead of skin color. I know one opinionatedblack man here I don't much agree with but I believe he's an honest man.
Why should anyone denounce Mr Sharpton on this thread?

Unless this thread's real purpose was to provoke criticism of Mr Sharpton?

Old 12-30-2014, 02:13 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Conveniently ignoring the fact that Sharpton is the biggest racist in this conversation.....

Prove it.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:13 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Then apparently the feelings liberals have for him can't be that bad...
The only feelings I see the media having is about what'll get them the highest ratings.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Of course you won't . I'm not going to read the entire thread but has ANY black here dwnounced him or is blood tgicker than common sense? I know ONE at another forum who puts right and wrong ahead of skin color. I know one opinionatedblack man here I don't much agree with but I believe he's an honest man.
I don't know if any other black person here had denounced him. Why? Is that what you want? Would that please you?

I don't know what "blood thicker than water" even means. I'll just bypass that point. As for common sense, what you really mean is that disagreeing with you shows a lack of common sense instead of a genuine reason for disagreement.

You know an opinionated black man and you believe that he's honest? LMAO...great. I know some black folks on CD too. I'm assuming that they're honest, but i don't know them personally.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Pardon me then but your previous post seemed to imply that you believe white people seem to expect blacks to "shut up and show our teeth"? Sounds like you have had more than your fair share of exposure to racism.
What folks "expect" and what they get are two different things. I'm not gonna buckdance for anyone.

Exposure to racism? Maybe i was exposed to it, but i damn sure wasn't a victim of it. And if i was, i rectified it right then and there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies