Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 12:25 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,752,512 times

Advertisements

I NEVER had a flu shot in all my years, and I've been just fine. I allow my immune system handle it.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:32 AM

9 posts, read 6,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I NEVER had a flu shot in all my years, and I've been just fine. I allow my immune system handle it.
Good for you! How I wish I were more like you. Now I have forever lost my health, all because of vaccines.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:48 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,443,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Perhaps that good doctor should read this:
Vaccine Effectiveness - How Well Does the Flu Vaccine Work? | Seasonal Influenza (Flu) | CDC

The problem with all these "quotes" is that a lot of people are just talking off the top of their heads. We would hardly know in early December how effective this season's flu shot is, b/c the season was just getting under way then. It takes a lot of data to compile effectiveness rates. And there has been a TON of misinformation/confusion about this season's vaccine, since the H3N2 virus mutated after the vaccine was formulated. The latest I read was that about 67% of the H3N2 flu this year is from the mutated virus.
It was just a blurb I heard on the news, Katiana, and I trust your info. I agree with you about the mutation and confusion. Had this discussion with someone last night (not on City Data) who was using this year's situation as "proof" that vaccines in general don't work.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Science is not a matter of opinion from uninformed people. People expressing their "beliefs" is not science. The misinformation and lack of knowledge the anti-vaxers have (or not) is simply amazing to me. I take it you do not have science background beyond high school or intro college level?

Surely you don't think people should be able to say "the earth is flat" and not be challenged on it simply because this is City-Data?

I'm a "myth-buster"!
It's dangerous (the misinformation from the anti-vaxers). It's one thing to debate which part of town one wants to live in, or the existence of God...totally different from encouraging people not to vaccinate because some celebrity wrote a book.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:56 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,220,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmppm View Post
Yes I am sure. Thank you for asking.

I have heard of GBS and under cooked chicken correlation too. So far in our hospital one patient reported it so we are definitely including it for future questioning. The number is very small compared to that of people who had recent vaccines.

Some patients eventually develop other autoimmune disorders (I have personally seen SLE, LEMS, MG and crohn's as the most common ones) because once a person's immune system goes haywire it's more likely to develop other AI diseases. But in many cases the very first AI disorder was triggered by an unrelated cause such as vaccine, infection or surgery.

I agree with this. It's possible it is not completely random and there might be a common link. It needs to be properly studied instead of given blunt denial. And the first step is to stop ridiculing such claims.
What do you do for a living (not asking for credentials) in the medical field that found you here:

Quote:
hmmppm

47 posts, read 18,705 times

Very interesting question and I eagerly wait for others' answers.

We have just made the move from Upstate NY to Miami. It was not a move by choice. Three years ago at the height of the recession my company decided to cut down its expensive NY office and move everyone to other sites all over the country and one of the sites was in Miami. Long story short, after 3 years of long distance, part year residence, uncertainty, out of all places Miami is the city where we both managed to get good jobs. So here we are.
Just out of curiosity, what kind of company do you work for that gives their employees contact with patients and complied patient stats that had "offices" and "sites" all over the country?

Old 01-04-2015, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
My son is already better! Had him take Advil and Tylenol round the clock for fever. Also had him drink, drink, and drink. I think since he got the vaccination, he had some immunity to it. I am waiting to come down with symptoms since I am in the same house. So far, nothing. Maybe the vaccination is helping me. We'll see.
Happy for you. :-) So far my husband and I are clear, but the kid is still very sick. I've become a Lysol fanatic I'm so paranoid. If mama gets it, it's everyone for themselves.

Old 01-04-2015, 01:16 AM

65 posts, read 73,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
What do you do for a living (not asking for credentials) in the medical field that found you here:

Just out of curiosity, what kind of company do you work for that gives their employees contact with patients and complied patient stats that had "offices" and "sites" all over the country?
It's a medical supply company and we work very closely on site with doctors, hospital nurses, home care nurses and patients themselves. Many of us are MDs or pharmacists by training.

Last edited by hmmppm; 01-04-2015 at 01:28 AM..

Old 01-04-2015, 01:25 AM

65 posts, read 73,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidee View Post
I totally agree with you. I am myself a CIDP patient and a vaccine victim. As soon as I told my neuro I had recently received vaccines he said he knew what I had. Turned out he was right. I had a second opinion by mayo clinic who confirmed the vaccine relation.

I have since joined a Few CIDP forums and groups and I was absolutely shocked by how many follow patients are also vaccine injury cases. On the contrary I have not met anyone who developed symptoms after eating raw chicken.

I asked my neuro if there is anyway to report such injury he said there is no formal channel. Unfortunately it is by design to be severely under reported. Many so called studies are funded by vaccines companies so they are very unreliable.
Cidee I am so sorry to hear your plight. CIDP is a cruel disease. I hope you got diagnosed quickly and started treatment as soon as possible.

Have you heard about the vaccine fund? It is a government supported fund that is designed to compensate vaccine injuries victims. The fund is paid for partially by vaccine companies. If your case can be supported by doctors you might be eligible for some compensation. I know it will not take the disease away but it might make your future care cost less daunting.

Again, I am so sorry.

Old 01-04-2015, 01:27 AM

36,995 posts, read 41,024,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I never had a major motor vehicle accident, either, but I still use my seat belt.

Old 01-04-2015, 01:32 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,220,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Happy for you. :-) So far my husband and I are clear, but the kid is still very sick. I've become a Lysol fanatic I'm so paranoid. If mama gets it, it's everyone for themselves.
You have to love Lysol.

I hope TXNGL Jr. feels better soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies