Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 04:46 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Like hot soup or an electric blanket?
More like a FAR Infrared Sauna. Although an electric blanket should be beneficial also.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:53 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Viruses have been scientifically proven to ward off other viruses in rats:

The Good Thing About Herpes

Now consider a new virus is found that will wipe out everyone and there is no cure except the flu virus. Well guess what, everyone that had the flu vaccine is doomed.

Maybe it is hypothetical but maybe there is more to viruses then what we are led to believe. The drug industry's $$$ is possibly getting in the way in figuring out how we could possibly use viruses to defeat other viruses in our body. After all in a garden we do put bugs in them to fight other bugs and it is proves to provide us safer foods. Why not take more study in this area to combat health problems. We can never get there as long as the Drug makers pour $$$ money to quelch discent.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I think you must have missed the reason for that discussion and missed what we were actually saying. It was spun off of the video that believe posted a ways back.
I didn't miss anything. The first post about Thimerosal was on Jan. 4; the video was posted last night, 8 days later. "Thimerosal , thimerosal, thimerosal! Can't get a flu shot, they have thimerosal in them!"

Old 01-13-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
I didn't hear him say anything about pregnant woman. Was it on the video? Maybe I missed it.

Paul Thorsen was involved in some of the "vaccines are safe" research. He turned out to be a major fraud. William Thompson recently blew the whistle on fraud regarding vaccines, autism, and African American boys. Are you saying that it's not fraud when it benefits vaccine manufacturers. There was definitely fraud involved.

There are plenty of reports of people having bad effects form the vaccine. I know you'll say that they are all false but I seriously doubt that.

They are impossible to accurately calculate.
William Thompson was a naive fool who didn't know his talks with anti-vaxers were being recorded. After he lawyered up, he admitted that reasonable people can disagree (presuming himself to be reasonable, which is doubtful since he was so stupid) and affirmed his support of vaccines.
August 27, 2014 Press Release, "Statement of William W. Thompson, Ph.D., Regarding the 2004 Article Examining the Possibility of a Relationship Between MMR Vaccine and Autism"
"I want to be absolutely clear that I believe vaccines have saved and continue to save countless lives. I would never suggest that any parent avoid vaccinating children of any race. Vaccines prevent serious diseases, and the risks associated with their administration are vastly outweighed by their individual and societal benefits. . . . Reasonable scientists can and do differ in their interpretation of information."

Old 01-13-2015, 05:13 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
William Thompson was a naive fool who didn't know his talks with anti-vaxers were being recorded. After he lawyered up, he admitted that reasonable people can disagree (presuming himself to be reasonable, which is doubtful since he was so stupid) and affirmed his support of vaccines.
August 27, 2014 Press Release, "Statement of William W. Thompson, Ph.D., Regarding the 2004 Article Examining the Possibility of a Relationship Between MMR Vaccine and Autism"
"I want to be absolutely clear that I believe vaccines have saved and continue to save countless lives. I would never suggest that any parent avoid vaccinating children of any race. Vaccines prevent serious diseases, and the risks associated with their administration are vastly outweighed by their individual and societal benefits. . . . Reasonable scientists can and do differ in their interpretation of information."
He still admitted to fraud in his statement via his lawyer. Paul Thorsen though takes the fraud cake and he was very involved in studies that claiming that mercury in vaccine are safe. How can we trust anything that he was involved in. last I heard he was still on the run.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
He still admitted to fraud in his statement via his lawyer. Paul Thorsen though takes the fraud cake and he was very involved in studies that claiming that mercury in vaccine are safe. How can we trust anything that he was involved in. last I heard he was still on the run.
Thompson did not admit fraud! You point out the passage where he says that. You don't even have to Google the letter. It's linked in my post. Show me where that word was used.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
Thompson did not admit fraud! You point out the passage where he says that. You don't even have to Google the letter. It's linked in my post. Show me where that word was used.
You posted a link to his stament where he admits to his fraud:

Quote:
I regret that my coauthors and I omitted statistically significant information in our 2004 article published in the journal Pediatrics. The omitted data suggested that African American males who received the MMR vaccine before age 36 months were at increased risk for autism. Decisions were made regarding which findings to report after the data were collected, and I believe that the final study protocol was not followed.
That's fraud.

He continues:
Quote:
My concern has been the decision to omit relevant findings in a particular study for a particular sub­ group for a particular vaccine. There have always been recognized risks for vaccination and I believe it is the responsibility of the CDC to properly convey the risks associated with receipt of those vaccines.
They omitted information in an effort to cover up a known risk.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:27 PM

Paul Thorsen, fraud and fugitive:
AUTISM RESEARCHER INDICTED FOR STEALING GRANT MONEY
Denmark scientist accused of stealing autism research money | Reuters

Old 01-13-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I know you don't like to read scientific literature, but read this:
A bad day for antivaccinationists: A possible retraction, and the “CDC whistleblower” William W. Thompson issues a statement – Respectful Insolence
"Ironically, Thompson’s statement was released several hours after we learned that Hooker’s incompetent reanalysis had been taken down pending further investigation, with the following notice:

This article has been removed from the public domain because of serious concerns about the validity of its conclusions. The journal and publisher believe that its continued availability may not be in the public interest. Definitive editorial action will be pending further investigation."

Old 01-13-2015, 05:32 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
I didn't hear him say anything about pregnant woman. Was it on the video? Maybe I missed it.
That was my point. He did not mention it, though he conceded there are some groups that can benefit from the vaccine. Pregnant women were conspicuous in being absent from that list.

Quote:
Paul Thorsen was involved in some of the "vaccines are safe" research. He turned out to be a major fraud. William Thompson recently blew the whistle on fraud regarding vaccines, autism, and African American boys. Are you saying that it's not fraud when it benefits vaccine manufacturers. There was definitely fraud involved.
Thorsen may have been a thief, but there was no fraud in any study he was involved in.

Thompson never alleged there was fraud in the study you mention. He just disagreed with the way the data was analyzed, and few agree with him.

Quote:
There are plenty of reports of people having bad effects form the vaccine. I know you'll say that they are all false but I seriously doubt that.
When people get sick, they look for a reason. That means they fall into the trap of I-took-the-vaccine-then-"this"-happened-it-must-have-been-the-vaccine. For it to be the vaccine, whatever "this" is must happen more often in people who take the vaccine than those who do not. If "this" does not happen more often after the vaccine, then the vaccine is highly unlikely to be the cause. With millions of doses of flu vaccine given each year, all types of "this" are going to happen soon after people take the vaccine. It's a statistical certainty. The corollary is that with so many doses of vaccine being given, if "this" is caused by the vaccine, we are highly likely to know it.

Quote:
They are impossible to accurately calculate.
Actually, no. The statisticians may disagree on the best way to do it, but it can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Viruses have been scientifically proven to ward off other viruses in rats:

The Good Thing About Herpes

Now consider a new virus is found that will wipe out everyone and there is no cure except the flu virus. Well guess what, everyone that had the flu vaccine is doomed.

Maybe it is hypothetical but maybe there is more to viruses then what we are led to believe. The drug industry's $$$ is possibly getting in the way in figuring out how we could possibly use viruses to defeat other viruses in our body. After all in a garden we do put bugs in them to fight other bugs and it is proves to provide us safer foods. Why not take more study in this area to combat health problems. We can never get there as long as the Drug makers pour $$$ money to quelch discent.
Had to LOL at this one. Would you believe using tamer viruses to make vaccines for dangerous ones?

Ebola/Marburg Research

"Ebola Vaccine Research
The Vaccine Research Center (VRC) has developed an Ebola vaccine candidate in collaboration with Okairos, a Swiss-Italian biotech company recently acquired by GSK. The investigational vaccine, which was designed by VRC scientists, contains no infectious Ebola virus material. It is a chimpanzee adenovirus vector vaccine into which two Ebola genes have been inserted. This is a non-replicating viral vector, which means the vaccine enters a cell, delivers the gene inserts and does not replicate further. The gene inserts express a protein to which the body makes an immune response. The investigational vaccine has recently shown promise in a primate model. The VRC vaccine will enter into a phase 1 clinical trial, which could start enrollment as early as fall 2014, pending approval by the FDA. The VRC is also in discussions with governmental and non-governmental partners regarding options for advancing this candidate beyond Phase I clinical evaluation."

There are two other Ebola vaccines being researched that use viral vectors, including one that is based on an existing rabies vaccine. See the link.

There are other viral vector based vaccines in development, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies