Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2015, 09:30 AM

13,282 posts, read 7,833,009 times

Advertisements

Who wants to brag that they've had the most vaccines in their life?

Viewers want to hear from you.

If you are unabled for communicating, help is available.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:30 AM

37,011 posts, read 41,057,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Yes I did and I totally understand the Thompson issue. Don't you feel for those who may have been negatively impacted by that omission?
You still don't get it. It was a spurious sub-group analysis finding with a plausible explanation, not an omission designed to defraud.

Do you believe the article shows that the MMR does not cause autism in black girls, white boys, or white girls?

What about other studies that show no increased risk of autism after vaccination in black boys? Are all of them wrong? Can you find another study that shows MMR causes autism in black boys?

Old 01-14-2015, 09:32 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,664,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Snopes explains why the study is not fraudulent in simple terms.

snopes.com: Fraud at the CDC Uncovered?

Hooker taped Thompson without his knowledge and Thompson did not know the recording would be edited and put on the internet. Hooker then did his own "analysis" of the CDC study data. Hooker's "study" has been withdrawn by the journal that published it because the statistical analysis was botched.

The authors of the CDC study concluded that the results with the African American boys was due to children with autism being vaccinated earlier because they had to be vaccinated to get into pre-school special education programs for autism. In other words, the association is there because the children were autistic and got vaccinated early, not that the children were vaccinated early and became autistic because of the vaccine.
Why do grown adults still think that snopes is an unbiased source of information? It's not. They are spinning things to support the CDC and the industry. So are you.

Quote:
By the way, you would have to explain why the study found no association between autism and MMR in other sub-groups. If you believe the vaccine causes autism in African American boys, do you then also accept that it does not cause autism in black girls, white boys, or white girls?
No I don't have to explain that. the authors need to explain their omission. They won't be held accountable though because this is the CDC.

Quote:
You can put your tin hat away. There is no conspiracy.
That's really rude.

Quote:
No, I require that the people I believe are experts have actual expertise: training and experience in the subject being discussed. Anyone with a commercial web site selling books and supplements with no training and no expertise is, well, not an expert. He's a salesman.

Since I doubt that you know everyone posting in this thread, you do not know what their qualifications are, do you? Those who have no training in epidemiology probably should be listening to experts that do, not supplement salesmen.
I am sure no one here has the qualifications you seek.

Quote:
You will note in the list of authors that Thorsen's name is neither first (the person who wrote the article) or last (the person in charge of the lab that did the study). He was a worker bee and did not have the capacity to fraudulently manipulate the studies, which were audited to make sure that was not done. Unlike Hooker's "study" (and Wakefield's) neither of those two have been retracted.
His involvement draws the studies into question.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:33 AM

37,011 posts, read 41,057,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Given that your so high on vaccines would you always recommend a vaccine if there is a proven alternative that is a natural herb that Alternative Health practioners would recommend for a treatment?
Vaccines do not "treat'. They prevent. They maintain wellness. They get at the root cause of the problem. You know, all those things that naturopaths and chiropractors accuse traditional medicine of not doing.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
You still don't get it. It was a spurious sub-group analysis finding with a plausible explanation, not an omission designed to defraud.
I do get it. You are spinning it to support the CDC and vaccines as a whole. It's sad.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:36 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,009,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperthetic View Post
who wants to brag that they've had the most vaccines in their life?

Viewers want to hear from you.

If you are unabled for communicating, help is available.
lol

Old 01-14-2015, 09:39 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,009,451 times
Quote:
Vaccines do not "treat'. They prevent. They maintain wellness. They get at the root cause of the problem. You know, all those things that naturopaths and chiropractors accuse traditional medicine of not doing.
Vaccines don't even really do that based on the evidence.

I just looked at the cochrane database and damn that chews up and spits out the efficacy of vaccines.

The evidence seems to show that alternative practices by far prevent and even TREAT disease more effectively.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:41 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,428,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Given that your so high on vaccines would you always recommend a vaccine if there is a proven alternative that is a natural herb that Alternative Health practioners would recommend for a treatment?
suzy_q just answered this as I was reading the rest of the thread. Yes, I'd always recommend a vaccine instead of treatment. I'd say, vaccine first, treatment second. Try prevention (the name of an "alternative" magazine) first, then treatment.

Quote:
There is no way for you to know that for sure. Regardless, your chances if spreading the flu are not any less then mine. In fact, this year, your chances have been greater, thus far.
Your point is taken, no one knows that for sure, but I was only sick two days, and even then not *that* sick, whereas most influenza cases last 7 or more, and the patients feel very ill. So it is extremely likely that I had a milder case b/c of the vaccine. I isolated myself right away, including sending my visiting daughter to her sister's house.

Quote:

Do you believe the article shows that the MMR does not cause autism in black girls, white boys, or white girls?

What about other studies that show no increased risk of autism after vaccination in black boys? Are all of them wrong? Can you find another study that shows MMR causes autism in black boys?
Exactly! It's the preponderance of evidence that counts, not just one study.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:42 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,428,369 times
Quote:
I do get it. You are spinning it to support the CDC and vaccines as a whole. It's sad.
You clearly don't understand research. You've badgered other people for their credentials. Will you ever tell us what yours are, to evaluate research?

Old 01-14-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
Your point is taken, no one knows that for sure, but I was only sick two days, and even then not *that* sick, whereas most influenza cases last 7 or more, and the patients feel very ill. So it is extremely likely that I had a milder case b/c of the vaccine. I isolated myself right away, including sending my visiting daughter to her sister's house.
My daughter caught the flu last year. Her case was pretty mild for the flu as well. She did not have the flu vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies