Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 06:59 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
... is that it's a half-measure that will eventually be replaced by a better, more comprehensive (single payer?) plan in the future.
Hopefully. It works for the rest of the civilized world. Why is America too "exceptional" for it to work here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 07:27 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well, you still have to pay your own premium.
ACA put us on Medicaid.

I am not us how good it is.......we have not used it.

BTW.......I still am 100% against the ACA.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:16 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
My wife's policy increased by 20% two years in a row. My infant has her own plan in an Obamacare-funded co-op that's already gone bankrupt, so now I have to scramble to find somewhere else to cover our baby.

Might not be so bad if we qualified for a subsidy, which we don't, so yeah we were doing much better before Obamacare screwed so much stuff up.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:24 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Hopefully. It works for the rest of the civilized world. Why is America too "exceptional" for it to work here?
Because we import poverty from around the world while being unable to care for the people we already have, and have a government that has proven time and time again the one thing they're good at is creating bloat and inefficiency.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:44 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Why shouldn't everyone else pay into it?
I don't want to pay for your lazy ass....that's why...

Old 01-02-2015, 09:16 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Yep, if that's what it takes. Politicians could have taken the simple approach many years ago and simply done away with that pre-existing condition garbage but they were either too lazy or too chicken to deal with it.

As to "unwanted items," that's just the way insurance works. You can't buy insurance for your tires and not your hubcaps.
Why would you insure either?

Obamacare is like making the insurance company accept people who have already wrecked their cars.

That WILL raise the cost of insurance.

Insurance is a financial transaction - an agreement to carry a risk in return for a fixed payment. Obamacare is attempting to turn insurance into a shared cost pool, which is the most stupid idea on earth.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:57 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Why shouldn't everyone else pay into it?
Because it's a stupid idea for everyone except those who intend to pay nothing.

Imagine if you went to your favorite restaurant and at the door was a sign that said "all checks are now averaged".

That is, all the the orders will be added and then divided up per person and everyone will pay per person.

Will you order the usual, or you will you splurge?

Old 01-02-2015, 10:07 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Quote:
Yep, if that's what it takes. Politicians could have taken the simple approach
many years ago and simply done away with that pre-existing condition garbage but
they were either too lazy or too chicken to deal with it
I agree, but wonder what other freedoms they would extend this approach to remove.

Quote:

As to "unwanted items," that's just the way insurance works. You can't buy
insurance for your tires and not your hubcaps.
Really? You can insure your household possessions while not insuring your residence.
You can insure your vehicle without insuring your health.

Just a couple of examples disproving your "just the way it works" premise to not question anything.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
GOOD!!!!!!!

About time. One less barrier between me and my doc when it comes to getting the care I need. As well, it'll mean I dont have to worry about my employer dropping me on accident (this has happened twice for the last two enrollments, ridiculous).
Provided that your doctor is approved by Obamacare and you can meet the deductible that the government sets for you (as it rises each year).

Old 01-02-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Hmmm, where do you live? I've read that the states (at least some) that didn't accept expanded Medicare are getting large health insurance premium increases this year.
Funny how some seem to forget the Affordable portion of this law. Another straight out lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies