Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 01:26 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We are not talking about 1 country, you are generalizing which is the same as spinning. The point here, is who eat the ocean fish, the fact here is, many 3rd world countries get much of their food from the ocean. or maybe you think there is only 1 3rd world country and it is India. I hope you know better than that.
You completely missed the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 01:44 PM

29,529 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
If everyone live like that average Indian the Earth could sustain its current human population. If everyone lived like the average American we would need 4 earths. So I am not sure while conservatives are blaming third world countries. 80% of the world resources are used by 17% of the worlds population.
You want to live like the average Indian be my guest and move there. See how you like it when millions of people **** and **** on the street, and 400,000,000 have no electricity in their huts.

Good news is Indians want to live like Americans and are trying to lift themselves out of the stone age.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:59 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
If everyone live like that average Indian the Earth could sustain its current human population. If everyone lived like the average American we would need 4 earths. So I am not sure while conservatives are blaming third world countries. 80% of the world resources are used by 17% of the worlds population.
How does the average Indian live? I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
You want to live like the average Indian be my guest and move there. See how you like it when millions of people **** and **** on the street, and 400,000,000 have no electricity in their huts.

Good news is Indians want to live like Americans and are trying to lift themselves out of the stone age.
Did he mean India? I thought he meant NA.

Old 01-03-2015, 04:19 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times
Quote:

The point is you kill of all the poor people and Earth still couldn't sustain the western world.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:06 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:

And how will the planet accommodate a billion of peope from India, the billion plus in Africa, etc all wanting a modern American lifestyle. You seem to be ignorant on how inefficient we in America live.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:05 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
The point is you kill of all the poor people and Earth still couldn't sustain the western world.
The western world knows how to make clean water, grow food.....at least some of us do. Let ISIS and the like take control and we have this.......
Services are collapsing, prices are soaring and medicines are scarce in towns and cities across the “caliphate” proclaimed in Iraq and Syria by the Islamic State, residents say, belying the group’s boasts that it is delivering a model form of governance for Muslims… “ISIS doesn’t know how to do this stuff,” said the U.S. official, using an acronym for the group. “When stuff breaks down they get desperate. It doesn’t have a whole lot of engineers and staff to run the cities, so things are breaking down.”

See more at: Obama

Notice how in the beginning they claim we all blamed President Obama and now look at ISIS. The point they miss is the devastation left behind, the dead bodies and the time to rebuild what has been destroyed. So, ISIS losing ground is not a WIN for the USA or any other western country.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:55 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
The big problem in the 3rd world is corruption.

Ever heard of the term "Paper Parks"...it's because they are only protected on paper, not in reality.

Illegal poaching, logging etc etc etc.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:53 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Go read zoological articles in an online journal, most research is pointing to a significant decline in wildlife fauna. There's nothing alarmists about the truth.
But there is a lot of alarm ism in this field. They would not exist if they came out with a study that said "we have no wildlife problems." So they will always sound the alarm and then focus on data to support their agenda.

And yes, the truth can be alarmist depending on how it's presented and how "truth" is defined. It's quite easy to publish alarmist material and never tell a lie.

I skimmed the entire 180 page report and can assure you there is very little data that anyone could verify or challenge and pages of conclusions that they basically say "trust me, it's true".

Old 01-04-2015, 11:57 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Totally not true.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:03 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and do you believe everythin PITA and The Sierra Club preach as well? What do you suggest, we all stop eating fish, but wait, what about pigs,chickens, cows,etc. Maybe we all need to become vegans? My favorite dog breed isn't as popular as years past, why is that? Too many people killing English Springer Spanials?

I am sure there have been decreases in the wild fish population. As the human population grows there will be changes in the ocean creatures. This isn't a huge surprise but the reasoning behind it is all wet. Pardon the pun. I guess we will all have to adjuct to eating farm raised fish.
I LOVE English Springer Spaniels. Sure do miss our Molly! She died some years ago (she was old). She was my daughters 4-H dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies